1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Proud Boys denounce White Supremacy

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by basso, Oct 1, 2020.

1. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

2. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If I can give some advice. Defending the Proud Boys is a losing argument.

Whether they are white supremacists or not, and besides what they say there is evidence of it, they still claim to be a "Western Chauvinist" organization. That doesn't sound particularly appealing in a pluralistic society that is getting more diverse every year.

If you believe in Western Chauvinism you're entitled to your belief but it's not going to win over a lot of people and likely to alienate far more.

3. basso

Supporting Member

who is defending PBs?

4. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The Proud Boys are a very welcoming White Nationalist Group. If someone who is a person of color or has a person of color for a friend or significant other but still believes in White Nationalism, they will still accept them. The Proud Boys are among the most tolerant and accepting of all the White Nationalist groups. They should be very Proud.

HP3, superfob, JayGoogle and 5 others like this.
  5. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Oh of course you're not defending them. You just started a thread reiterating their rhetoric rather than post in the two other threads on the subject.

6. Newlin

Newlin Member

Okay, maybe the Proud Boys are less racist than Donald Trump.

HP3, joshuaao, FrontRunner and 3 others like this.
  7. basso

Supporting Member

"reiterating their rhetoric..." is an interesting way of saying "posted a tweet".

8. CrazyJoeDavola

In other news, Donald Trump denounced divisiveness today.

B-Bob, foh and FranchiseBlade like this.
  9. generalthade_03

generalthade_03 Contributing Member

I don’t think this is about defending the Proud Boys or whatever the latest group de jour is. This is about distraction from the left right before the elections. The left and the fake news media have been setting up baits like this for the past 4 years. Mr Trump figures out their games a long time ago and he is not playing, and that’s why he’s driving them insane.

He is a lot smarter than most people will give him credit for.

basso likes this.
  10. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Let's see what the founder of the Proud boys is all about really.

In its own words
    "It’s such a rape culture with these immigrants, I don’t even think these women see it as rape. They see it as just like having a teeth [sic] pulled. ‘It’s a Monday. I don’t really enjoy it,’ but that’s what you do. I wouldn’t be surprised if it doesn’t have the same trauma as it would for a middle-class white girl in the suburbs because it’s so entrenched into their culture.” — Gavin McInnes, Get Off My Lawn, June 19, 2018

"Muslims have a problem with inbreeding. They tend to marry their first cousins…and that is a major problem here because when you have mentally damaged inbreds — which not all Muslims are, but a disproportionate number are — and you have a hate book called the Koran…you end up with a perfect recipe for mass murder." — Gavin McInnes, Get Off My Lawn, April 24, 2018

“We brought roads and infrastructure to India and they are still using them as toilets. Our criminals built nice roads in Australia but aboriginals keep using them as a bed. The next time someone b------ about colonization, the correct response is ‘You’re welcome.’”
    —Gavin McInnes, “10 Things I like About White Guys,” Taki’s Magazine, March 2, 2017

“Well look at the canary in the coal mine called Britain. We see guys get away with raping children regularly, and they have excuses like ‘I didn’t understand the word ‘no.’’ We have a woman raped several times in one night. All these guys seem to…they don’t all get away but they seem to get away way too often. And then you have people being jailed for rude tweets and comments when they’re white, so…people in America say ‘Muslim are what? One or two percent of the population? There’s never gonna be sharia law here.’ And I say have a look at Britain. Have a look at Europe. That’s where we’re headed.”
    —Gavin McInnes, “Get Off My Lawn”, November 4, 2017

“Maybe the reason I’m sexist is because women are dumb. No, I’m just kidding, ladies. But you do tend to not thrive in certain areas — like writing.”
    —Gavin McInnes, The Gavin McInnes Show, June 28, 2017

“I just realized something. Cory Booker is kind of like Sambo. He’s kind of shucking and jiving for the white man. Cory Booker grew up rich in an all-white suburb. He’s basically a white guy. His parents were very wealthy executives at IBM… .But he wants to be a black dude, so he pretends that he’s down with the brothers and he acts outraged about racism all the time — for white people. That gets him votes from whites.”
    —Gavin McInnes on his CRTV show “Get Off My Lawn,” January 17, 2018

“The white liberal ethos tells us blacks aren’t at MIT because of racism. They say blacks dominate the prison population for the same reason. They insist America is a racist hellhole where ‘people of color’ have no future. This does way more damage to black youth than the KKK. When you strip people of culpability and tell them the odds are stacked against them, they don’t feel like trying. White liberals make this worse by then using affirmative action to “correct” society’s mistakes. When blacks are forced into schools they aren’t qualified for they have no choice but to drop out. Instead of going back a step to a school they can handle, they tend to give up on higher education entirely. Thanks to the Marxist myth of ubiquitous equality, this ‘mismatch’ leaves blacks less educated than they would have been had they been left to their own devices.”
    —Gavin McInnes, “America in 2034,” American Renaissance, June 17, 2014

“I’m not a fan of Islam. I think it’s fair to call me Islamophobic.”
    —Gavin McInnes, NBC interview, 2017

“Palestinians are stupid. Muslims are stupid. And the only thing they really respect is violence and being tough.”
    —Gavin McInnes, The Gavin McInnes Show, March 8, 2017

“Why don’t we take back Bethlehem? Why don’t we take back Northern Iraq? Why don’t we start our own Crusades? That’s what the Crusades were. They weren’t just someone picking on Muslims for no reason — they were a reaction to Muslim tyranny. We finally fought back.”
    —Gavin McInnes, The Gavin McInnes Show, March 8, 2017

“Buying woman parts from a hospital and calling yourself a broad trivializes what it is to be a woman. Womanhood is not on a shelf next to wigs and makeup. Similarly, being a dude is quite involved. Ripping your vaginal canal out of your fly doesn’t mean you are going to start inventing **** and knowing how cement works. Being a man is awesome. So is being a woman. We should revere these creations, not revel in their bastardization.”
    —Gavin McInnes, “Transphobia is Perfectly Natural,” Thought Catalog, August 8, 2014

“I am not afraid to speak out about the atrocities that whites and people of European descent face not only here in this country but in Western nations across the world. The war against whites, and Europeans and Western society is very real and it’s time we all started talking about it and stopped worrying about political correctness and optics.”
    —Kyle Chapman, who formed the Fraternal Order of Alt-Knights, a wing of the Proud Boys, Unite America First Peace Rally, Sacramento, California, July 8, 2017

“Put something on the table! Give us a reason to accept you, because you know what? Sharia law ain’t it. Raping women ain’t it. Cutting off clits ain’t it. Throwing gay people of roofs ain’t it. You are a disgrace.”
    —Pawl Bazile, a production director of Proud Boys’ magazine, on Muslims, March against Sharia rally, New York City, New York, June 10, 2017

https://www.splcenter.org/fighting-hate/extremist-files/group/proud-boys

Yes! They are white supremacists! Don't let a little video clip fool you.

#40Today at 10:11 AM

HP3, Deckard, CometsWin and 4 others like this.
  11. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

I actually agree the Left sets out bait. It is a common tactic in politics. My honest advice though is for Trump supporters spending so much time on the Proud Boys is taking the bait.

If I was a Trump supporter or adviser I would be saying he misspoke and then move on.

12. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

op is a defender of this group?
    color me shocked lol good one

13. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

lol condemning violent groups is taking bait

AleksandarN, HP3 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  14. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

we already said after the debate that there would be a push to normalize this group. the funny part is the whistle still a blowing for violence. coming from op is no surprise

HP3, Dubious and FranchiseBlade like this.
  15. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

It's the other way around. It's defending, rationalizing, excusing, etc.. the Proud Boys. It's feeling it's necessary to start a whole new thread reiterating the Proud Boys denials.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  16. basso

Supporting Member

"starting threads is racist..."

17. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Who indeed...

Fine people, on both sides...

18. generalthade_03

We’re so used to it Judo. Tomorrow is gonna be something else about Mr Trump. Do you know that for every negative reporting about Biden, Mr Trump will get 157 negatives from the same media?

None of this is a surprise to me because I’m been around long enough and have seen and heard them all. But guess what, all great powers in the past have fallen, so maybe it is time for our great Republic to fall too?

19. basso

Supporting Member

generalthade_03 likes this.
  20. generalthade_03

He has spent his entire adult life in politics, there are so many misdeeds from Joe that we don’t have to look very hard to find them.

dachuda86 likes this.