1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Prominent Texas city - Dallas or Houston?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by TheRealist137, May 20, 2010.

1. Luckyazn

Luckyazn Contributing Member

[​IMG]

ask people in China.

2. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

and more severe winters(Ice and snow on the roads no thanks), and more likely chances for severe tornado events(closer to the interaction of causes for tornado alley).

3. ryan17wagner

ryan17wagner Member

Not so much, the metroplex is home to 24, the same amount as the H. Reverse pwnd!:

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/bus/stories/041610dnbusfortune.ca957f.html

Two dozen Fortune 500 companies call Houston home ...The Dallas-Fort Worth metropolitan area placed 24 companies on this year's list.

4. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

After having lived in Houston for about 24 years and in Dallas for about 12 years, I can honestly say neither one is indicative of what Texas symbolizes to me. Dallas is all burbs and it seems like 50-60% of those clowns are from California, New Jersey, Florida or some other state that can't take care of their economy. Houston's no better. It's just one monolith of a metropolis. When I think of Texas, I can't say I think of any big city.

Somebody said "the Hill Country". I can agree with that. Check out some small towns around the state that aren't all that close to big cities. I went out to Strawn, Tx. for lunch one day. It's 50 miles west of Ft. Worth, I think. Damn. There are some tough, hardworking SOB's out that way. And they all hunt and wear camo. I was only mildly scared. lol.

1 person likes this.
  5. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

The best part about visiting Dallas....
    leaving Dallas

6. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

According to CNN, Houston has 27 Fortune 500 companies.

See what happens when you start citing Dallas news sites....

7. luisantonio1014

Real cowboys live in and around Houston!

I've been to Dallas and most people I've encountered don't even speak with a texan accent. Dallas in texas is like Brian Cook with the Rockets. It just doesn't belong there.

8. ryan_98

ryan_98 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

does that take in to account that we are about to lose continental? :eek: :(

9. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

for real, hell, out here in Baytown (considered a part of the Greater Houston area) I actually live less than 2 minutes away from longhorn cattle grazing yards and the rednecks with duallys and cattle trailers that run them.

Drive down Garth Rd from SJ Mall into Baytown proper, and you will see fields on both sides of the road with cattle galore, both longhorn adn regular. You wanna see more? Head North on Garth into Crosby and Dayton. We still got lots of country out here...most of you westies dont have a clue...all you think of when you hear Baytown is suburbs and Exxon.