1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Procrastination] Pre-Playoff Youtube-a-Palooza

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Htown57, Apr 15, 2009.

1. Htown57

Htown57 Member

If you're like me, and I presume that many of you are, this is a very exciting time of year--a time of year so exciting, in fact, that you spend hours and hours trolling through Youtube, fed by an insatiable urge for all the Rockets-related content you can possibly find. With that in mind...

We've got Yao Ming. Scola is a BEAST! Landry is pure diesel, and Lowry is the freshness. Brooks is deadly. Plus, we've got VAKEATON QUAMAR WAFER!!! and Dikembe Mutombo Mpolondo Mukamba Jean-Jacques Wamutombo. We have quality commentary. Oh, and I neglected to mention,we've also got Ron Artest's Crazy ass.

F&(K Utah

CLUTCH CITY FOREVER

That is all.

1 person likes this.
  2. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

Clever, clever, clever...

You gets some reps. ;)

3. PiggyTails

PiggyTails Member

Brilliant. Just brilliant. We need someone to make a good video for this year.

4. CountyClerk

CountyClerk Member

That vid of Von Wafer is freaking amazing, man i hope we can resign this guy.

5. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

Awesome videos, especially the first Wafer one.

6. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

Hey, I made that first video (Yao/Hakeem)

Kind of surprised when I clicked on it :D

7. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

Von Wafer can really become a special player. I might be a bit biased, however, I think that if you give Von Wafer the starting job on any given team in the NBA he can become an All-Star someday.
    This is basically Von's first "real" NBA season since the first 2 years he never played and he is already averaging 9.5 ppg, coming off the bench and all that in 19,4mpg!!!
    Tmac averaged around that in his 2nd season with 22mpg and years after he was dropping 30 a game.
    Furthermore, you can clearly see that Von has evolved since the beggining of the season. He is starting to get more assists and is trying to get better defensively.
    I'm telling you, this kid is hungry!

8. stipendlax

stipendlax Member

Well done, sir.

I like it.

9. Rookie34

Rookie34 Member

Nice thread, dude!

I laughed my ass of with "Mutumbo's Death Stare" ... :D :D :D

10. Lady_Di

Lady_Di Contributing Member

Oh god, am I going to get some work done today?

11. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Man, that Von Wafer video made him look like an all-star.

12. ccada

ccada Contributing Member

Oh man, I'm just waiting for DD to sweep in on this one . . ;)

13. diablox

diablox Member

how can we keep him next season.... :confused:

14. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

No love for Shane Battier?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FFH2kevG_e0&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FFH2kevG_e0&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Battier's probably the only player who's highlight mix features charges taken.

Chuck Hayes
    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/f0IXgjF-LOA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/f0IXgjF-LOA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Brent Barry

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/A6Ao5C0BjdA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/A6Ao5C0BjdA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

15. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

16. LAYGO

LAYGO Contributing Member

Cool videos, one that caught my eye has not a whole whole lot to do with the Rockets, but it's crazy the allegations about David Stern:

THE GREATEST TRAGEDY IN SPORTS, PART 1 of 9:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fxw3yxJt2O0

You have to watch all of it, its crazy!

17. MayoRocket

MayoRocket Contributing Member

This thread is pure awesomeness! Props to whomever made the first Von Wafer video, especially for finding highlights of him passing the ball! :)

18. Htown57

Htown57 Member

Thanks for filling in the gaps...I ran out of time last night and had to get back to...uhh...writing a thesis. Didn't mean any disrespect to these gentlemen

19. Htown57

Htown57 Member

bumped, to fill the void between now and game one. :cool:

20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Fun thread. Go VON !

DD