1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Problem with our team is Us

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by PersianRocket, May 3, 2014.

1. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

Can I just point out the fact that half of y'all didn't even want Howard over the offseason? Go look at the old forums. When it was likely that warriors were in the lead everyone said they'd rather not have him. Now we have him and everyone loved it. Lin plays well one game and everyone loves him. Does adequate the next and he's a bust. Same with harden. And parsons. Yeah some of them didn't show up in time. But if you want to act like y'all are now then there's no point. I understand coping but really? Trade parsons? To lose team chemistry and an above average small forward? That's ridiculous. Trade Lin? One of the reasons we even made it to game six and didn't get knocked out in 5. Or Asik? The only other protector we have? Seriously instead of trying to get rid of the whole team support what they are doing and support them to build. Our stadium sucked during the regular season. Game 1 was 3/4 full on the lower concourse and literally full open rows in the club seats. Give our team time to grow.

2. kidcave9

kidcave9 Contributing Member

3. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

I feel like I've read this exact thread before, like this is a duplicate.

4. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

I haven't been here that long so maybe. I never get on anymore. Kinda just came on today to see reactions. Was very disappointed with how my fellow rockets fans act about this.

5. Rox23

Rox23 Member

Wow. Props to OP. Tell it like it is.

You're right--trading him, or him, or him, is not the solution because all we'll do is just get other him, and him, and hims, who turn out to be human also. All these guys are young, and will get better with experience. The first two games these guys were ****ping their pants.

6. conquistador#11

so what do you suggest? send our team packing to san diego.

7. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

I suggest keeping the team as it is. If we need a more experienced coach then I guess do it but it once again could ruin many things that McHale had to offer. Don't lie and tell me our big men had no post game. And there was no way McHale wasn't a major factor in that. Honestly I say we luck out in the draft. Deepen our bench with vets. Run the same rotation and build with what we have. They're all young. They all have major potential. But there's no reason to hit the reboot button on season 1 of what some were calling a dynasty in the making.

8. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

And now people are blaming in on Morey. Which is another thing because without him we'd be sitting where teams like Sacramento are. Anyone who thinks it's Moreys fault is an idiot. The man made a championship team. But it's not going to happen day 1. Give it time. Spurs haven't won in 7 years. But they have one of the best teams in the NBA every year. We just need to adjust and grow with what we have.

9. 08kx250f

08kx250f Member

This is a great thread. When I wake up in the AM i am definitely going to come back and read the responses.

10. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

Thanks?

11. SacTown

SacTown Member

Everyone... Step away from the bbs for a few days.

12. LandryMegaBeast

all great teams have to overcome adversity. this is just the beginning for this group, luckily the adversity is coming early

13. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

Exactly. And this was as even a team we could face. We faced ourselves. Literally out scored them and lost the series. So it doesn't mean we are a worse team. We were just in a coin flip situation. And next year we can learn what side to put the weights on the coin

Giving myself props for that coin flip metaphor and the weights.

14. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

And if you have anything to say against it, state it now.

15. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

And now it's starting to piss me off.

Forget being a fan for a second. Look at the home page of this forum.

Now tell me are true fans supposed to say that about their team?
    To get rid of everyone?

Seriously. It's not only disrespectful but unloyal.