1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can former Rocket Eric Gordon and the Suns bounce back against the Timberwolves? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[ProBballTalk] Bosh would prefer 4 year max over staying with Heat for less

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by roflmcwaffles, Jul 5, 2014.

1. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

SHOULD WE TWEET HIM IN ALL CAPS TOO?

2. finsraider

finsraider Member

Amazed at some comments about Bosh. He's had to completely change his game because of Wade. He's still an elite player, and would give us tons of offensive and defensive versatility.

The rockets would use him properly.

3. digitallinh

digitallinh Member

Maybe he doesn't like our team? We had two All-NBA players + role players and didn't make it out of the first round.

Maybe he thinks Dwight and Harden do not have the focus/determination to make it all the way, I mean you watched Harden flub through that series with his lack of effort right?

4. jbasket

jbasket Member

A problem... for other teams I assume?

5. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

if he can be a 3rd option, which im not so sure of after this season, then he's well worth the max factoring in everythign else he does.

i'd rather not get a 3rd star and instead get good role players, but w/e.

6. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I'm a bit surprised that some here are saying that they would rather have Bosh than Love, and/or that Bosh would be a better fit than Love. I don't buy it. Love is 5 years younger, Love being 25 to Bosh's 30 years old. Bosh is being called a "stretch 4," yet has a career 3 point percentage of 31%, compared to Love's career average of 36.2%. Taking away what I consider to be an outlier, the 2012-13 season, when an injured Love played 18 games, he's had seasons from behind the arc of .417, .372, and .376. During the same seasons (skipping 2012-13, when Bosh shot 3's at a .284 clip) Bosh shot .240, .286, and .339 from 3, hardly what I would call a "stretch 4." Defensively? Love has a mediocre rep defensively, yet had a higher defensive win share last season than Bosh did, 3.7 to Bosh's 3.4. He isn't horrible defensively, folks. Offensively? I'm not going to post the stats. Love blows Bosh away.

Give me Love over Bosh seven days a week, and twice on Sunday!

1 person likes this.
  7. chandlerbang21

Love may leave and become a UFA next season also. Bosh signs and he here till he retires, traded, or contract ends

8. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Same here. It is tough to put together a championship team, but if you can do so while keeping you star players' ages in line with each other, then even better. Love at 25 with Harden at 24 provides a chance at longevity in addition to immediate contention.

9. sTeKcOr22

sTeKcOr22 Member

Bosh really isn't much of a 3 point shooter to begin with, but he's a stretch 4. Has a great mid-range game.

I'll take him for sure.

10. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

IDK if has already been said but why dont we just trade for ryan anderson? I mean if we are looking for a stretch 4, would he not be a perfect fit? We were rumored to be trading for him almost all of last year. I dont see why not now? Especially when youre looking to give a 30 yr old max money over 4 years and somebody can be had for 2 years at half that.

11. roflmcwaffles

roflmcwaffles Member

I think it is more:

Bosh + Parsons or Love. We can't outright sign Love, so we'll lose Parsons and possibly other assets.

12. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

Love + MLE is a better way to compare. Love + someone like P.J. Tucker >> Bosh + Parsons

13. roflmcwaffles

roflmcwaffles Member

1) He is a HUGE liability on defense.

2) He isn't 1/2 the overall player Bosh is.

3) Even if he makes 1/2 of what Bosh makes we're STILL capped out after resigning Parsons, so it doesn't make a difference to us as a fan, only to Les Alexander's money. From a fan's perspective you should be thinking who is the best player to get because we're going to be capped out no matter who we get.

14. rlivz

rlivz Contributing Member

lol at everyone just saying "oh we should pick Love over Bosh". Love isn't a free agent. We're going to pursue everyone relevant and anyone that says yes will get signed... it's not like they're all lining up and the Rockets have their pick.

If the Rockets had a trade lined up for Kevin freaking Love they'd have pulled the trigger by now.

15. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

The Rockets should take the first big fish that takes Morey's bait. Don't get cute. Sure, I would love Lebron, or Love, but if the Rockets can add Bosh, you do it. If Melo decides to come to Houston, great. Perfect is the enemy of the good.

16. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Simple. If he doesn't agree to sign an extension with Houston, we don't deal for him. That's assuming Minnie wants to deal him, obviously. Hey, I'm a huge Chandler Parsons fan (my significant other is a GIGANTIC Parsons fan - can't imagine why!). I don't want to move Chandler. Seriously don't want to move him, but if you can get a guy who's the same age ballpark as your core and is in the conversation for best 4 in the league, putting aside being a stretch 4 deluxe, you have to pay the piper.

#76 Deckard, Jul 5, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2014
  17. cdain3

cdain3 Member

Parsons and Bosh>>>Love

18. BeardSanity

BeardSanity Member

No point in even pointing out reasons to NOT get him...if he down to sign we give him the MAX without hesitation.

The offseason has progressed quite disappointingly to me due to the lack of respect the rockets are getting from other players in the league. It seems like they outright don't want to play with H&H, which came to me as a HUGE surprise.

coming into the offseason i thought houston was going to be a hot place to come to, that we would be picking between players who wanted to team up with H&H + Parsons.

If we can get a star to buy in we take it, easy as that... don't think we can choose between love and bosh since we don't have that luxury.

19. BeardSanity

BeardSanity Member

Agreed

20. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

QFT. Seriously, this is all that you anti-Bosh folks need to swallow.

He's going to get the max; don't disrespect him like that

BOSH BOSH BOSH