1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

Pro-Mingers and Anti-Mingers on Record?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by okuseinde, Jun 19, 2002.

1. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

100% of all centers in the NBA could get good positioning in that league. The fact that most of his shots are layup and dunks is not impressive because at his size and considering the competition he is playing against, it should be a given.

My point is that those shots werent all 20-footers. In fact, most were within a couple feet of the basket. Obviously, if he was 21-21 with 15 of them coming from outside of 15 feet, then that would be amazing. But, thats not the case.

2. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

Pro-Ming. You just can't pass on a potential franchise center. You have to take the chance.

3. bigboymumu

bigboymumu Member

"At his size and considering the competition"

Blah Blah Blah. How many games have you watched him play? How do you know they were all lay-ups and dunks? That is hearsay. That was started somewhere on this board and is perpetuated by posters like you that discount his skills. I guess Rudy was wrong about Pau last year. Oh ya, he had tougher competition.(playing part time)

4. bigboymumu

bigboymumu Member

If he played in the backcourt!

5. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Indeed..
    Pro-Ming

6. solid

solid Contributing Member

Pro Ming; Take Him! The Upside is too Great. Worldwide attention, a billion fans, and the guy has size and skills. I like the fact that he is well educated and intelligent. His IQ may equal or exceed the starting lineup's cumulative total. I will be utterly shocked if he is a big disappointment.To the contrary, I believe he might change the game.

7. h-townfan

h-townfan Contributing Member

pro-ming....

depending on what other moves Rudy and CD make this
    summer. If they can get a banger in the middle to go along with
    Ming I'm all for drafting him...but if they stand pat with the
    current line up and think that Ming will get us into the playoffs, I think they are mistaken....but I could wrong.

8. bigboymumu

bigboymumu Member

Wouldn't that be something?

9. rezdawg

My roommate from school is studying abroad in China. He is a big NBA fan. He has watched Ming play. He has seen the competition play. He tells me everything he sees. So, take your Blah Blah Blah elsewhere.

#69 rezdawg, Jun 19, 2002
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2002
  10. wrath_of_khan

wrath_of_khan Contributing Member

Hell, I've been pro-Ming since before the lottery. Reading about him, I thought, "Man, here's a guy who would be just what we need. Too bad he'll end up in Chicago or New York."

Then we got him, and I've liked him more and more with each new piece of information.

Pro-Ming.

Also pro-Rockets professional scouting staff.

11. rezdawg

Also, I am not discounting his skills. I want the Rockets to draft Ming because I think he will be good. My whole point in this is to not think too highly of his 21-21 effort.

12. OldManBernie

OldManBernie Old Fogey

Yeah, chalk me down for Pro-Ming.

13. Col. Crap

Col. Crap Member

For the record:

Pro-Ming
    Pro-Rockets
    Pro-the Simpsons
    Anti-Laker

I don't care about much else.

14. harumph

harumph Member

i'm in the pro-ming camp.

by now people should not underate a player because he's from a different bball system/country. there are gifted athletes in pretty much every country on the planet (even the afghans are meant to be supurb horsemen), and as the "top of the pyramid" of over 1billiion people you'd expect something truely special. i'm hoping yao ming is just that.

15. BDJ

BDJ Member

I vote Ming.
    Though there is great risk, the reward could be so much more - nothing ventured, nothing gained.
    But if Ming does become a success, I won't give any anti-Ming people any grief - I understand why they have doubts.

16. Holden

Holden Member

pro ming, of course.

anti squirrel- one time in high school when i was waiting outside one of the buildings for the bell to ring so i could go in and go to class, i was standing by this trashcan. and i heard a little rustle. so i was kind of curious as to what was making that noise. so i go over and i look in the trash can, and this squirrel does this huge back flip out of the trash can like 2 inches from my face. and i freaked out, it was so scary. so ever since then ive hated squirrels, they are too small and fidgety, they make me nervous and they look like theyd have diseases and theyd bite me.

...but pro ming of course. we'll be on abc, baby.

:(

17. land_sharks

land_sharks Member

I'm cool with squirrels but opossums scare the he!! out of me. da^n they are ugly. smilar story but with a opossum not a squirrel. it'll change you, glad to know someone out there has the same phobia as do I.

pro-ming (if i can vote twice).

18. RIET

RIET Contributing Member

Squirrels are rats with a public relations team.

Pro Ming

19. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

Pro Ming. All I have heard of this guy is positive things. What can we do wrong w/ him?

20. FranchiseRules

Pro Ming Yao - and glad to be back on the board!