1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Pro-Mingers and Anti-Mingers on Record?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by okuseinde, Jun 19, 2002.

1. Rocketsauce

Rocketsauce Contributing Member

Ming for me too.

I just wish that Walton would retire so I don't have to listen to his Center position drivel everytime the Rockets play the Lakers on their TV Network (NBC). I can only imagine the verbal masturbation that will come out of his mouth when Ming and Shaq go head to head.

2. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

I, on the other hand, cannot wait to hear that.

3. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

As one poster has stated "Ming is the Thing"

4. bigboymumu

bigboymumu Member

Yao Ming will be MVP.
    Yao Ming will win a championship.
    Quote me.

Let's hope he stays healthy.

5. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

I'm somewhat ambivilant on Ming himself. He may or may not be a force in the NBA. I like his height, and he may bulk up enough to bang. Hell, he might learn to enjoy it.

I'm still not convinced though that dealing with the Chinese might not be more trouble than it's worth. I've softened my stance somewhat because the news has been somewhat favorable. Still, with all the good news, I'm still not convinced Ming will be a rocket.

So, with all that being said, I'd still rather see the Rockets pull of a good trade for that first pick.

6. bigboymumu

bigboymumu Member

UTBaller and the rest of you that are anti Ming, let it be known.

7. pasox2

pasox2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Very pro-Ming!

Da Yao may not win ROY, but he will most definately lead to more intelligent basketball, high-post play, and improved team defense.
    Rockets make playoffs with big turnaround this year, barring injuries.

I would expect Yao to get a freindly whistle, if he can play smart, too. This would help Francis, and our team, a lot.

8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Pro Ming,

I think he is going to be a very good player.

DaDakota

9. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Can i be in between so I can claim to be right no matter what happens?? :D

Honestly, I have no idea how he'll be as a player...I know I'll be rooting for him like crazy. The more I read and hear about Yao Ming, the person, the more I like him. He will be easy for me to root for....

My concerns have been with the control entities other than the Rockets over Yao's career. You can all call me an idiot if that works out OK...though at this point I'm much more reassured about this being an OK thing.

10. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I am Pro-Ming. At first I was just facinated by him. Then I was skeptical and starting thinking about what trades might make the team better. But then when I got to know more about him via articles, interviews, footage, I was sold!

I think he has some great talents and from the things I have read he seems very committed to wanting to be a great player. He seems to have little distractions and only wants to concentrate on basketball. I see him continuously improving each year in the NBA, wanting to improve every facet of his game. I see him getting in the weight room to build more upper body strength because again, he wants to improve and KNOWS that he has to do this to be the best he can be. He comes from a basketball family, the guy is a winner, not selfish, seems to have a good personallity and seems to be a very team oriented guy.

I see a lot of good things in him the more I read about him, listen to what others say and watch footage of him playing.

I think the more one gets to know about Ming the more one is sold on him. When you don't know much about him, he seems like a mystery. This is one reason why guys like Francis and Mobley might be skeptical. That's cool. But I think once they get to know more about him, see him play, play with him, they will get to see the REAL Yao Ming and see what he can really do and have the potential to do.

I think Yao Ming will be a very good player in the NBA. I see him along the same track as a Paul Gasol or Dirk Nowitzki. Ming just needs time to develop and he will be something special.

Chris

11. tozai

tozai Member

Anti-ming
    I'm not fervently anti-ming though. I won't think he'll be a complete bust, but not at all as good as some of you hope. MVP, Shaq-stopper, leading us to championships.
    bigboymumu is too funny
    I could see Yao being better than Sean Bradley for sure(not saying much), but not that much better. Maybe about as good as Rik Smits, but never some dominant center. He doesn't have the demeanor or mental toughness (just my opinion,so don't trounce), plus I don't know if he can deal with the physical play or speed.

So quote me, "Yao will be a bust in respect to how much expectations some have, perhaps a complete bust, but probably just a decent player, the world's tallest jumpshooter"

12. Darth West

Darth West Member

Pro Ming I guess even though I dont expect him to make an impact for 2-3 years ....

Pro Kandi if he continues as he finished this year ...

Pro Memphis and Anti-Francis ... yeah they are sort of connected ... :)

13. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

I have the full list of all the names of Anti Yao Ming and anti Chinese, just wait and see what I am going to do to them on BBS, in the near future !!!!

14. Live

Live Member

Yeah, if Francis hadn't pouted his way out of Vancouver, he'd be throwing down dunks in Canada right now.

Memphis could've gotten the Hornets, perhaps.

I'm Pro-Ming, but still close to the fence.

15. Darth West

Darth West Member

Well you should never underestimate the incompetence of the Vancouver "regime" ... anyway I would be even happier if they would have stayed in Vancouver ... :)

16. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

You can tell his mental toughness by a minute and a half of footage on ESPN? That's impressive stuff.

17. NJRocket

NJRocket Contributing Member

what are you basing your opinion on?

18. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

What were the expectations of
    Kandi MAn [#1 pick]
    Kwame Brown [#1 pick]

Rocket River

19. ckrdkjr

ckrdkjr Member

pro rockets
    pro ming (if a rocket)
    anti red tape
    anti injuries

chip

20. Since75

Since75 Member

Pro Ming- Can't teach height. Need a player with intangibles. He has them. Just wait and see.