1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Prince to perform at next year's Superbowl?

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by MR. MEOWGI, Aug 10, 2006.

1. MR. MEOWGI

MR. MEOWGI Contributing Member

I have heard this from a few places now.

http://www.lse.co.uk/ShowbizNews.asp?Code=AU103641N&headline=princes_super_show

LIFE STYLE EXTRA (UK) - Prince is set to perform at next year's Superbowl half-time show.

The legendary musician has reportedly been approached by organisers to rock fans during the break of the American Football extravaganza.

Prince has not yet decided to take up the offer but is widely expected to play for a bumper pay packet, according to E! Entertainment television.

However, organisers will be hoping the dimunitive artist, now a devout Jehovah's Witness, does not return to his wild ways before the match - which takes place at Miami's Dolphin Stadium next February.

Prince once famously bared his butt cheeks during a live TV performance and a similar incident could provoke outrage in the US.

Superbowl 2004 was plunged into chaos after Janet Jackson's notorious 'nipplegate' incident - in which Justin Timberlake tore off part of her outfit to reveal her breast complete with nipple piercing.

(c) BANG Media International.

2. Mr. Brightside

What's more of a letdown than the Superbowl game itself? The Superbowl half time show of course!

3. oomp

oomp Member

After seeing his performance on the Brits, I'd be all for it. Texans in the Superbowl & Prince. Great combination. :D

4. MR. MEOWGI

MR. MEOWGI Contributing Member

I think Prince would put on one of the best SB shows ever.

5. xcharged

xcharged Member

i guess i'm going to have to pay up on a bet i made....

"a gay midget in purple heels will make it to the superbowl before the Texans do."

:(

6. A-Train

A-Train Member

"plunged into chaos"??

7. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Member

Prince would be awesome -- something (most) everyone could enjoy. :cool:

8. ClutchCityReturns

Co-signed.

9. percicles

percicles Member

Excellent idea if Prince can pull of a performance like his "Get Off" video.

10. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate

yeah when doves fly