1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Prime TV] Invincible (Animated- from the creator of The Walking Dead)

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Feb 23, 2021.

1. CCorn

CCorn Member

@DreamShook I believe there are reruns of power puff girls on HBO Max if you’d like to avoid the gore.

Jontro likes this.
  2. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Power puff girls is a pretty violent gorey show for kids, buddy. You thought you had something funny there, but you dont know the material.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Been a great show!!

Atom Eve looks like she could scrub just about everyone

Rocket River

4. CCorn

CCorn Member

Jontro and DreamShook like this.
  5. dmoneybangbang

I haven't seen them and I'm not suggesting you can't raise the stakes without gore. I think Invincible just does a great job of using its gore to create a sense a realism in a cartoon superhero world. Watching OmniMan shred through Cecil's invisible soldiers or Battle Beast crushing Beast Girl's scull with two rocks or breaking Black Samson by snapping his arm and throwing him against the wall just gives this show some extra juice.

6. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

Episode 7 was by far the best yet. I'm a little sad about
    potentially losing Zachary Quinto though. I'm not what you would call a fan by any means, but Robot was a great mysterious character and I'll miss his work.

I'm also bummed that season 1 is about to come to an end. Hopefully we'll see season 2 by Christmas.

Thank you all for using spoiler tags, BTW.

7. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I know I have been whining about the gore, but that is because I think this show and story could be more accessible to more people and become a loved US cartoon like Avatar. This show reminds me of the underrated show Spectacular Spiderman.

I've been saying that good cartoons could go up against any good Anime. I think this is one of them.

This was a successful season 1 IMO. All the story lines and characters are good. (accept Amber sometimes) I think they race bended this character so the Earth could hate her. They should have made Atom Eve Black and kept Amber White.

Im glad this show got renewed for 2 more seasons.

i like it.

FrontRunner likes this.
  8. FrontRunner

FrontRunner Member

I couldn't help think of you while watching Ep 8 late last night.

The gore was definitely over the top. The f-bomb felt forced too.

But good show. Enjoyed the twists, animation style & voicework. I do hope they do away with the random title cards, though, or reserve them for special occasions in the future, as the joke is getting old & takes me out of the story.

I agree with you about Amber being annoying also, but she's very important to Invincible so there's that. It does seem like Atom Eve and Invincible are destined for each other thoough.

DreamShook likes this.
  9. dmoneybangbang

Can't really say anything negative about the series.... makes a relatively tried and true story in this peak superhero era and knocks it out of the park with great character development, story development, voice acting, and animation.

I would say this show is hyperviolent not gratuitously violent as I felt like it all had a point and intended effect.

DreamShook and FrontRunner like this.
  10. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Will be back for Season 2

Rocket River

NotInMyHouse and Xerobull like this.
  11. Beezy

Beezy Member

Finished it up. The 2nd half of the season was stronger than the first. Will continue watching!

12. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

I’m far enough removed from reading the comic 10+ years ago where the details have faded and I really enjoyed the season finale. Loved how they did cutscenes with all of the little side plots to show where they were.

I see the pros and cons for the gore. Honestly, that’s how it would be if there were super heroes and villains - lots of people exploding. So showing it is impactful. Finale was a tad much but it echoes the comic so I’m good wit like it.

Makes sense that there’s an entire government agency devoted to controlling the heroes and cleanup.

DreamShook likes this.
  13. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

At first, I was like wth is this justice league knockoff, but Im invested now. Wished they made more than 8 episodes for the first season.

I could do without the gore or more so less gore, but I still enjoyed and thought they couldve captured a wider audience if they did do without.

Invisible Fan and DreamShook like this.
  14. CCorn

CCorn Member

Just finished the finale. Idk what @DreamShook is talking about, there’s barely any gore in this show.

Invisible Fan and DreamShook like this.
  15. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

At least its an hour long. Im wondering why it takes years to bring out a new season of Castlevania.

The gore in the first episode reminded me of GoT in its shock value. Did the Justice League dirty...

donkeypunch likes this.
  16. Beezy

Beezy Member

I browsed through the comic a bit and the gore on the show is about in the same level. I’m glad they stayed close to the source material instead of changing it to appeal to kids. They can watch Teen Titans and Justice League.

dmoneybangbang and Xerobull like this.
  17. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Wife and I finished it this past weekend, we both enjoyed it but like some have mentioned some of the story has been done by JLU in a more sanitized manner.

I still enjoyed it, really like JK Simmons as Omni Man.....

dmoneybangbang and DreamShook like this.
  18. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

[​IMG]

GRENDEL likes this.
  19. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

first 7 episodes were super hype, but i don't see anything passed episode 8 living up to it. i found the episode 8 reveal underwhelming. hopefully i'm wrong.

20. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Im trying not to be spoiled, but it looks like crazier stuff is coming.

Plus Kirkman said that he didn't really know how to write when he wrote the comic and now he is cleaning up some of the mistakes in the cartoon

dmoneybangbang likes this.