1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Prime T-Mac destroying 2003' Nets (46 + 10 + 10)

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by _RTM_, Sep 20, 2011.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

the 81 game is 'r****ded' but the Tmac 46 point game is not r****ded?

Did you ever watch Jordan play? I'm old. I saw him back in the 80s.

I already explained to you that Jordan played with players just as bad as Pat Garrity, so has Hakeem.

Why are these players considered the best of all time?....

I know you are not going to give a logical answer... so i'll give you an answer.

THEY WERE WINNERS.

2. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

THEY WERE WINNERS BECAUSE THEY PLAYED WITH GREAT PLAYERS.

3. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

By the way, if Jordan played with all those terrible players but kept up his production throughout his career, I would still think he was the greatest player ever.

4. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

Also, I never used T-Mac's 46 point game to argue his overall skills. Unlike you, I'm not r****ded enough to make an argument based on one game.

5. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Wilt > Kobe > Michael > Hakeem
    According to your logic.

6. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Are you honestly saying the second best player besides Hakeem during his tenure is as bad as Pat Garrity?

Are you really going to **** on Rocket greats just so you could make a point against McGrady?

7. RedRedemption

He's willing to kill Hakeem to get dirt on McGrady.
    I kid you not. Tinman is mentally insane.

8. tinman

Supporting Member

Wilt won 4 MVPs and 2 championships.

all of these guys fit a criteria of winning championships and individual accomplishments.

what's next kid?

9. tinman

Supporting Member

Hakeem has played with bad players, so has every superstar in this league.

You can twist my words all you want.

I don't give a damn. I'll drop logic and stats til the polar caps melt.

10. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

Are you so old that you are going senile? No one is arguing that good players haven't played with bad players. We're arguing that no one in the history of the game, or even any team sports, have won without good teammates. Hakeem, Jordan, or your beloved Kobe, would not have won like they have if their second best player was Pat Garrity. This is a valid point because your ONLY argument is "OMG NO RINGZ, NO MVPSZ LOLZ!!!"

11. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

This is hilarious because I don't even like T-Mac and hated the way it ended here in Houston. I'm just not a delusional sociopath and can actually see things without bias. I understand that basketball is a team sport and any argument involving "TEH RINGZ" is not fair for any individual player.

12. tinman

Supporting Member

Oh, Tmac never played on any good teams.

You mean when the Rockets had home court advantage on Utah we were a bad team with crap teammates? Maybe it was the coaching too.

Doc Rivers in Orlando.. man that guy wouldn't a championship:rolleyes:
    Rick Adelman...what does he know about winning:rolleyes:

13. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

Are you still missing the fact that I'm only talking about T-Mac in Orlando? I'm not making excuses for his failings in Houston. I believe he was a far inferior player than he was in Orlando.

14. tinman

Supporting Member

No he wasn't. you think we're so stupid to trade for a guy who's dropped in skill that fast?

What did you think happened? the first time he stepped in Toyota Center he got depth perception and jumper didn't work?

He was the same caliber player at least for the early years.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/m/mcgratr01.html

He average 28 points during a horrendous season for the Orlando Magic in 04.
    http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/ORL/2004.html
    a 21-61 team.

Then he went to the Rockets. 51-31 .
    His average dropped to 25.7 points. Basically less than 1 three pointer a game.

Give me some stats to prove your point.

I know you think I hate this guy, but I know he was good when we first got him. look at our record.

15. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

Every single advanced metric shows a decline in production. Look at the basketball-reference page you linked.

16. tinman

Supporting Member

Every single post shows you didn't watch those seasons.

There's an archive of all of this on Clutchfans. Go back and read some stuff, it'll keep you entertained.

17. RedRedemption

Wait. So you think that Wilt is better than Michael and Kobe?
    OK, moron. In an era where big men were allowed to stand in the paint indefinitely, Wilt is DEFINITELY better! For a guy that used to preach that individual stats mean nothing and that Tracy never was a true leader. Now you're preaching the exact opposite.

Hypocrite.
    Stupidity and intelligence do not correlate with age. You're living proof! Hahahahaha!

18. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

I remember exactly what happened. I don't need to prove to you that I actually watch NBA basketball. I, however, do not trust my own eyes and refer to statistics when evaluating players. I do not glorify players or let my personal bias get in the way of evaluating players. I just look at the facts and the fact is T-Mac, at one point was better than Kobe ever was. T-Mac was not as a good a player as he was once he came to Houston for whatever reason. But it's not like I'm saying he turned into a bad player, he just went from a God/Jordan-like production to a Kobe-like production.

19. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

Look, I'm going to summarize my opinions for you because it seems that you can't get it through your senile brain my points.

1) Kobe is better than T-Mac overall. *GASP*
    2) T-Mac's 2002-2003 season is better than any of Kobe's seasons.
    3) It takes a team to win NBA championships. (Which you so strongly feel against apparently)

Take it or leave it.

20. tinman

Supporting Member

I don't think a person who's never won the MVP plus championships will ever be inferior to anyone that has done NEITHER.

Bird
    Magic
    Kareem
    Hakeem
    Jordan
    Kobe

Yeah. Tracy doesn't belong in that sentence or does not even deserve comparison.