1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Prime T-Mac destroying 2003' Nets (46 + 10 + 10)

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by _RTM_, Sep 20, 2011.

1. DaGreatest

DaGreatest Member

lmao, classic.. the person makes the same mistake when accusing someone of the same thing, too funny.. forgive him, he was drooling while he was trolling

1 person likes this.
  2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

my bad, I screwed up once in a few hundred posts.

Let me correct myself.

Obviously, the words "Kobe Bryant" strike a nerve in the ones called Tracy McGrady fans.

Other NBA fans would not associate those two in the same class.

3. VBG

VBG Member

Pretty much everyone in the early 2000s put them in the same sentence

4. tinman

Supporting Member

Yup, they said the same thing about Michael Jordan and Dominque Wilkins back in the 80s.

And I really loved Nique, but I knew who was obviously better.

1 person likes this.
  5. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

You average a typo per post.
    Do you not speak English? Its not hard to comprehend that at one point fans believed Tracy was better than Kobe; winning scoring titles helps your cause. Then, Tracy deteriorated after his Orlando days and is now a minuscule fraction of Kobe's current talent. Obviously you don't speak English as your grammar and reading comprehension are both under a 1st grade level.

Most NBA fans knew how great Tracy was. Most NBA fans don't get emotionally invested in an irrelevant comparison as you do. Most NBA fans don't hold grudges against NBA players because you have some sort of stupid emotional trauma because said NBA player dissed you. No NBA fan does the same **** you do. All you ever talk about is Tracy McGrady. Get a life and move on. :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  6. RedRedemption

Hindsight Bias...
    Same reason why everyone laughs at Detroit because they didn't know how **** Darko was. You don't know things until they occur, you can make all the predictions you want, but **** happens: Yao retired, Tracy lost all his athleticism due to injury, Michael Jordan (this is a positive) battled through a flu. Also, Kobe+Shaq? Without their feud they could have been one of the greatest 1-2 combos that would have won multiple titles even after their threepeat.

7. Glenyo

Glenyo Member

T-mac was known to be one of the best players in the game which i agree, but injury put him down & T-mac is better than kobe in every way.

8. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to RedRedemption again"

9. tinman

Supporting Member

Who tracy mcgradyed your Rick Adelman today?

What fans believed Tracy McGrady was better than Kobe besides the few ones who are his fan boys?

You really think after a billion of these "RedRedemption says curse words and puts "!!!!!" that I'll stop posting for.. you?

Nah, dude, you'll never get it. Someone posted that they believed he was better than Kobe, and I, like others here, responded that it's a delusional thought.

Sure Tmac could have some better games, here and there. And he's really good too.

David Robinson is really good too, he even won the MVP. Everyone including David Robinson himself, knows Dream is better.

Just like Tmac knows that Kobe owns him.

10. tinman

Supporting Member

Yes, the sentence would be "Kobe Bryant is better than Tracy McGrady."

11. VBG

VBG Member

Pretty much no one said that definitively.

It was 1a and 1b. A complete toss up.

You're writing revisionist history

12. tinman

Supporting Member

[​IMG]

13. tinman

Supporting Member

Maybe the Ancient Alien theorists could figure out something, must be alien dna.

14. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/h8Ue5FZn2iA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Just nasty.

15. RedRedemption

You really think I'll stop making fun of you because you refuse to stop posting? You're not right in the head, hahahaha.
    "You tracy mcgradyed your Rick Adelman?" Language must really be your strong suit, huh? First you're misspelling words and constructing sentences poorly, now you're making up words! Bahahah!

#75 RedRedemption, Sep 21, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2011
  16. tinman

Supporting Member

Oh I guess you don't get what I meant by the rick adelman reference. It was referring to some rockets history.

17. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

I don't care much for McGrady these days, but back in those days, T-Mac was often compared to Kobe, and it was a valid comparison. He was a very good player. We watched his games, we watched the highlights, we bought his Adidas gear. Hell, YOU BOUGHT IT. Don't try to say that you didn't.

There was a reason why they opened up the press conference in the middle of the day, and thousands of people showed up at Toyota Center to cheer for Tyron Lue, and Juwon Howard.

It was exciting. It just didn't live up to expectations. There has to be a reason why there were expectations. It's because he was decently good, mentioned among the leagues best at that time.

1 person likes this.
  18. cuddie

cuddie Member

I don't think people are trying to say that McGrady is better than Kobe overall, because when you compare them in terms of accomplishments and consistency, it's no contest.

I think, rather, that people are comparing the talent level of McGrady during his "prime" to the talent level of Kobe at any point in his career. This is actually very debatable, and it involves quite a lot of supposition. How would Kobe have done on the 02-03 Magic team? Would he have averaged 70ppg? How would McGrady have done on the 00-01 Lakers? Would he have lost in the first round?

I personally don't see the point, but I feel like a lot of people are simply misunderstanding the whole Kobe vs. McGrady debate. Still, watching McGrady play the game of basketball back then is something else. So much wasted talent...

19. tinman

Supporting Member

I did buy his gear. Adidas was a cool brand and I, like you, had high expectations.

Yeah, it was a valid comparison at a given point in time.
    but I never thought he was BETTER than Kobe, and now after years have past, we all know who's the better player.

20. ascaptjack

ascaptjack Member

Revisionist history at it's finest.

At THAT time, T-Mac was BETTER than Kobe. He was a better passer, better defender and a better playmaker than Kobe. So yeah, he was better than Kobe at THAT time.

We could can all argue why Kobe has had a better career thus far, e.i supporting cast, injuries, incompetent medical advice, etc. but that's a whole nuther subject.

BTW, this all shows how much overrated Kobe is. Sure he was a great player, but 3 of his rings he played Robin to Shaq's Batman and you can argue his last championship was won by the Lakers length more than anything.