1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Prime Series] Warhammer 40,000 starring Henry Cavill

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Dec 16, 2022.

1. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Henry Cavill To Star In & EP ‘Warhammer 40,000’ Film & TV Franchise As Amazon Studios Acquires Rights To Games Workshop Brand

[​IMG]
    Henry CavillClay Enos; Amazon Studios
    Amazon Studios has made it official, confirming that it has secured global rights to the Warhammer 40,000 game from Games Workshop for Henry Cavill (Man of Steel) to star in and executive produce the Warhammer 40,000 franchise across all Amazon Studios productions. The agreement encompasses rights to the universe across TV series, film, and likely games and animation.

Since launching nearly 40 years ago, the Warhammer brand has expanded through GAW’s miniatures, sourcebooks, tabletop games, animations, novels, a wealth of licensed material, and video games.

Warhammer 40,000 is set in the far future, where humanity stands at the edge of what might be its brightest future, or its darkest age. The threats to humankind’s empire are many — traitors driven by the fires of ambition, alien empires sworn to reclaim the stars, and the corruption of reality by malevolent gods.

Warhammer 40,000 has captured the imagination of fans of all ages, from all walks of life, and all over the world,” said Jennifer Salke, head of Amazon and MGM Studios. “We are excited to work with Henry, Vertigo Entertainment, and Games Workshop across our Amazon entertainment businesses on this brilliant, immersive franchise for our global customers to experience for years to come.”

Vertigo Entertainment’s Roy Lee and Natalie Viscuso (The Lego franchise) partnered with Cavill to secure the Warhammer 40,000 IP before taking it to Amazon Studios. Vertigo will executive produce with Cavill and GAW’s Andy Smillie and Max Bottrill alongside Amazon Studios.

“I have loved Warhammer since I was a boy, making this moment truly special for me. The opportunity to shepherd this cinematic universe from its inception is quite the honour and the responsibility,” said Cavill. “I couldn’t be more grateful for all the hard work put in by Vertigo, Amazon Studios and Games Workshop to make this happen. One step closer to making a nigh on lifelong dream come true.”

Cavill, who just exited his DC role as Superman following a cameo in Black Adam and also left his starring role in Netflix’s The Witcher after three seasons, has Matthew Vaughn’s globe-trotting spy thriller Argylle, the upcoming reboot of Highlander, Guy Ritchie’s The Ministry of Ungentlemanly Warfare as well as Season 3 of The Witcher all coming up. He is repped by WME.

Yung-T likes this.
  2. Reeko

Reeko Member

British actors are taking over everything…this is new age colonialism

woke woke woke

3. Xerobull

Lol, the Warhammer stuff is from England so I think they get a pass.

Cavill is a massive 40k dork. This is a passion project for him. He's a huge nerd, which is always surprising when you find out a non-neckbeard is into nerdy ****.

The 40k universe is really deep and has a big fanbase. I personally like some of the spinoff books. The universe itself is this weird mix of sci-fi, magic and gothic styling. It will be interesting.

4. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

from quitting Witcher to superman to getting fired from superman to warhammer. Quite a journey in a short period.

ROXRAN, Yung-T, clos4life and 2 others like this.
  5. Xerobull

He really should be the next Bond but it won't happen. He's too buff and too 'Americanized' to cast him in one of the premiere English film roles.

clos4life likes this.
  6. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Ok,

You got my attention.

Xerobull likes this.
  7. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

7 people know about Warhammer.

8. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

9. tinman

Supporting Member

Remember when they got a British dude to play MLK

TimDuncanDonaut likes this.
  10. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Lucky for the producers, Henry Cavil is one of them. He is an extreme Warhammer nerd, and probably won't care if it's a total flop.

tinman likes this.
  11. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Video is from a year ago, so unrelated to the announcement.

#11 Ottomaton, Dec 16, 2022
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2022
  12. Reeko

Reeko Member

these British actors sounding like they’re from midwest in movies, then I hear them in an interview for the 1st time and it’s time for tea and biscuits

they get me good

tinman, JumpMan and TimDuncanDonaut like this.
  13. dmoneybangbang

Surprised it took this long for someone to scoop up this IP.

Used to watch folks play the board game at Katy Mills Mall, I have several of the video games, and still like watching YouTube videos of the cinematic scenes. Pretty excited.

Still would prefer a StarCraft series…. But alas

jiggyfly, clos4life and Yung-T like this.
  14. dmoneybangbang

Definitely a man’s man.

Seriously, seems like such a cool dude.

clos4life, Yung-T and Invisible Fan like this.
  15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I've just never been able to get into 40k, but I'm happy for him. He REALLY wanted The Witcher and his Superman character to be good, but he just ran up against show runners who didn't care or outright didn't like the IP they were in charge of. Now he'll have a chance to do things right for a change....it just happens to be an IP with a VERY small following. I wish him the best.

clos4life, tinman and Xerobull like this.
  16. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Never played the tabletop but have played the cash grab licenses on mobile. Definitely interesting lore

17. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

18. Jontro

Jontro Member

is there a cartoon or something that i can watch up on?

also cavill can get it

TimDuncanDonaut and Xerobull like this.
  19. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

Disappointed huge about his Witcher departure- but hope this is what he can finish now

Yung-T and clos4life like this.
  20. tinman

Supporting Member

They messed up the Witcher
    Season one was good but season two was goofy
    They killed off the other Witchers in the same episode

ROXRAN and clos4life like this.