1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Prime Series] Outer Range

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Apr 6, 2022.

1. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

2. CCorn

CCorn Member

At first I was like… eh another cowboy show. But then I was like OMGz

Blatz, steddinotayto and Xerobull like this.
  3. Buck Turgidson

Looks weird, I'll give it a shot

Xerobull likes this.
  4. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

At first I was the same, but then I was like... meh... another weird show.

Good song at the end and... I didn't know who Imogen Poots was, but had to look it up after that name. Her full name is Imogen Gay Poots. C'mon... those are just cruel parents.

Surfguy, Kevooooo, Blatz and 5 others like this.
  5. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Damn.

6. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

IKR

Rocket River

7. Roscoe Arbuckle

Awe. Will Patton is in two cowboy shows in a row. I'll always recall him from this.

8. PhiSlammaJamma

Well. The song would seem to indicate that whatever is happening at the ranch is likely about to end. I just don't know what that is. But it's some kind of forbidden relationship that is broken, likely with consequences.

Second, the guy trying to buy the land will not like the Postman.

My first guess is that this is like a Dante Inferno scenario, where he discovers an entrance to hell or limbo. That would also tie into the Angel song. But I don't see that as the kind of thing that would fall into the topsey turvey situation the rancher seems to imply he has run into. Hell is not topsey turvey. We know how it works in theory. Brolin seems to be the one on the journey and discovery, and not caught up in the problem. So not sure what he will discover. I can't quite put a finger on this one. The girl also appears to be on a journey of discovery. Not appearing to know anything. But I did notice she's always well lit. Almost heavenly. So who already knows what is going on or is involved already is my question.

I feel like all these chracters are caught in the middle.

#8 PhiSlammaJamma, Apr 7, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2022
  9. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Sign me up.

10. Xerobull

Bison that was walking in to the ranch gates had an arrow or small spear sticking out of it's right side.

11. Xerobull

Watched the first two episodes. Pretty good.

Make a drinking game out of all of the dad noises.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  12. Xerobull

After digesting the show a bit, I’d say it’s very well done so far. Royal is a very complex main character with lots of inferred mysterious backstory and the other characters are well done as well. The rich neighbor ranch is spot on for villainy and the weirdo hippie chick Autumn is perfect in her role.

If you liked Dark or Tales From the Loop, this is right up your alley.

Weekly watch for me.

FrontRunner likes this.
  13. clos4life

clos4life Member

I did enjoy Dark, the Netflix show, yet I'm not quite getting those vibes from the trailer. I'm just on the fence right now.

14. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Just like the evil rancher -- spooky.

jiggyfly, CCity Zero, B-Bob and 2 others like this.
  15. Buck Turgidson

Well, maybe we are.

Xerobull likes this.
  16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Slow paced, strange, very weird.......gonna keep watching though.

DD

FrontRunner likes this.
  17. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

I quit after the main character had the talk with the hippy girl at her camp site. Maybe I ill give it another shot since I like Josh Brolin and the hippy girl is hawt and hopefully I see a lot more of her.

18. Xerobull

Why would that conversation make you turn it off?

19. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

It was building up for me... I guess it was the "hey, I got secrets... you wanna talk about your secrets" line from her. That followed the "creepy hole in the ground" and the buffalo with the arrows scenes. Guess I need to be more open to the "Lost/Stranger Things" aspect of the show...

20. PhiSlammaJamma

I'll take a wild stab that the blonde girl is the daughter he had after having an affair with his son's wife. The son likely already knew about the void and pushed his wife in when he discovered she was having an affair, but she lived, gave birth to the girl, who then came back through the void to find her dad. I don't know who shot at him in the future, but if it was his son, that would explain a lot. Either way, he started this entire feud between the families with the affair, and when she went missing, he thought nobody would find out, but they all found out in the future, and the whole town wants him dead.

Suspect that the evil farmer's son came back from the future too, told his father about the hole in the land that would eventually appear, and that's how he knows things are about to happen. It could be a Hancock situation, where they just feud over and over and over again, but think this is patient zero for the feud and this is the origin point.

I'm seeing this now as a Hatfield McCoy Feud with time travel.

There is still a heavy religious overtone though. And that has to figure into the equation. This could be rationale in the end to explain how Jesus might have risen from the dead. That's probably stretching it too far, but thought of that on Easter.

#20 PhiSlammaJamma, Apr 19, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2022