1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Price for Bynum

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by oakdogg, Jul 19, 2012.

Tags:
  1. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

It has sounded like we have a pretty good idea what the offer is for Dwight, which sounds fairly reasonable (though I'd hate to give up any of the rookies). Does anybody have any idea what the Rockets would likely give up for Bynum in a 3-way trade? It can't be as much as we've offered for Dwight, right - I hope?

2. allanivan

allanivan Member

Caves' offer involves varajo plus multiple picks and possiblely taking back one bad contract from Orlando. Rockets can easily beat their offer with expiring contract of k-mart and two first round picks, Ppat or Marcus Morris can be add to that package. I'd be happy we can get Bynum with that cost

3. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

I may be greedy, but it'd be nice to get Bynum without giving up Ppat. I like Ppat's jumper spacing out the floor for Bynum....

4. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

I think the price will be the same either way. That's why I don't really see how it benefits the Magic to involve the Lakers (and it's not like they'd want to accept a lesser deal from us just because we're only getting Bynum). I guess they could trade Duhon for McRoberts' expiring, but that's about it.

I think it's in our best interest to wait for Hennegin to blink, give up what it takes to get Dwight, then flip him for Bynum at the deadline if it comes to that.

5. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Looks about right, though I would say one first-rounder and one second-rounder. No report that the draft picks Cleveland would send are even first-round picks. And the Lakers can't get the deal done without the Rockets, so any contract Orlando wants to dump needs to go to them. The Rockets could take a short contract like Quentin Richardson, but nothing that hurts them next year. History shows the value of a max contract to be a first-round, second-round and filler.

6. CDave

CDave Member

i think Howard agreeing to resign with Lakers changes things. Bynum has already said he's interested in Cleveland.

That's a tidy arrangement all the way around. Unless the Rocks put forth an offer that blows Cleveland's offer out of the water, I think their on the outside looking in.

7. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Then Bynum is more of a headcase than I thought.

8. OremLK

OremLK Member

Similar to the price for Howard. Enough to beat Cleveland. That looks like about it.

9. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Jones, White >> Patterson

10. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

How so? Bynum still won't say he'll re-up in orl. They still need us to do the heavy lifting for them to get Howard because their assests suck outside of Bynum. Cut the middle-man out and get Howard for ourselves. We still have the best offer on the table.

11. n8dagr8

n8dagr8 Member

morey pull the trigger and get bynum

12. sammy

I would just let Orlando get crap from the Cavs. Howard or bust.

13. Garner

Garner Member

I like the pressure being on LA to get a deal done to sign Dwight, knowing they can't do it without us.

Bring on Bynum.

14. darksoul35

darksoul35 Member

I never thought of it like that.That way we have a better chance to sign one of them.I just dont want to give up high draft picks.I want Noel but that is a good thought.

15. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

But Patterson's mid-range game >> mid-range game of Jones, White

That's why he would be better at spacing the floor.

I'm also assuming that this year's Patterson more closely resembles the rookie Patterson than the sophomore Patterson in that he won't be terrified of dunking, rebounding and defending.

16. raining threes

Stern wants Howard in LA or Brooklyn. It's beter for the league. (The godfather always gets what he wants) The Rockets need to be a player in this situation and atleast come out of it with Bynum.

17. LoyalRocket

LoyalRocket Member

I believe we have the most attractive assets, plus Bynum said we would resign here too :grin:

18. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Yeah see jut cause Dwight said this doesNT mean they will trade him there and since Bynum won't resign there i don't see how they would have a better offer? Unless they get Cleveland involve but still I don't see why they wouldn't want to trade straight up with us... Why should they send Dwight where he wants to go?

19. sammy

Patterson can't board and doesn't like contact. He fades on everything and thinks a basketball is actually a hot potato.

If I had to guess, he will be included in any deal due to his expiring contract and bc we have better young 4's.

20. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

Orlando Trades:
    Dwight Howard, Hedo Turkoglu, Jason Richardson, Chris Duhon, Quentin Richardson
    Orlando Receives:
    Kevin Martin, Steve Blake, Shaun Livingston, Josh McRoberts, Patrick Patterson, Marcus Morris, Jeremy Lamb, Devin Ebanks, picks of some sort

Houston Trades:
    Kevin Martin, Shaun Livingston, Patrick Patterson, Marcus Morris, Jeremy Lamb, picks of some sort
    Houston Receives:
    Andrew Bynum, Hedo Turkoglu, Quentin Richardson

Los Angeles Trades:
    Andrew Bynum, Steve Blake, Josh McRoberts, Devin Ebanks
    Los Angeles Receives:
    Dwight Howard, Jason Richardson, Chris Duhon

Leaves us with:

Lin/Douglas
    Lee (re-signed)/Q.Richardson
    Parsons/Hedo
    some combo of D-Mo/Jones/White
    Bynum/Asik

I could probably live with that. Draft picks would obviously be a sticking point, but Orlando sheds all of their bad contracts except for Big Baby, and they get a bunch of expirings and some promising youngsters in Patterson, Lamb, and I guess Morris (hah). Hedo's contract sucks, but he's still a useful player, and Q's isn't a backbreaker.