1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Presenting the Houston Rockets Front Office

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by lakersuck2, Dec 19, 2020.

1. Salvy

Salvy Member

I read it, its sort of inspirational. This man has over 500 properties around the country. More than 50,000 employees!!! You wouldn't want to accomplish that? Maybe you have but I haven't.... I appreciate the front office section of The Rockets website more than if it listed a bunch of boring names.

2. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

So if u finally came to the conclusion that everybody is pointing out why were u inferring that the posters on here that commented on this thread about tilman poorly done page as politically motivated?

Its poorly done, not even updated properly and people on reddit is making fun of it. Hence y we brought it up to share to the community.

U figured a billionaire would have more pride in at least getting it proof read and making it look more professional.

But hey keep thinking we are out to sht on the man for his political stance.

lakersuck2 and D-rock like this.
  3. D-rock

D-rock Member

The website is embarrassing.

What a narcissist.

HP3, Salvy, DatRocketFan and 2 others like this.
  4. Salvy

Salvy Member

Who cares about reddit? That place is toxic.... Its the biggest echo chamber for activist, and not even a place for Houston sports fans. But if you like hanging around those people who hate Houston everything than that's cool. If a billionaire doesn't care about a website than maybe you shouldn't either. Relax man....

5. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Idk y u are so nonchalant about it. Now u are painting valid criticism of a poorly designed page as people hating on Houston just for the fun of it.

Professionalism should be important in business. Just because a billionaire disregard doesn't mean its okay.

Reputation means a lot in the league, no players is gonna wanna play seriously for us unless we throw wads of money at them. If enough media paints us as a poorly ran franchise with an egotistic owner. That stigma is gonna b hard to wash off.

Just saying, in the real world I see sht like this for a school or job I'm applying too, I will back out. Like what most normal people will do.

HP3 and Jayzers_100 like this.
  6. Salvy

Salvy Member

If Tillman called you up and said I want you to work for me in the front office for The Rockets you would decline?

7. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Yea.

Why work for a poorly run organization? Sure I might get paid well, but a poorly run organization will lead to problems in the long run.

Mind u Idk how its actually run, but judging from how sht the front office page is, I don't think its wrong to make that assumption.

That's y people emphasize the importance of first impression.

HP3 likes this.
  8. Salvy

Salvy Member

So there is no chance the organization is well run because of a section on the website? Its Tillman's job to correct the web designer and marketing team on a website section? I wouldn't be surprised if Tillman didn't even write or read that bio people are whining about. Maybe other things can clue you in on how the team is being run? Maybe the roster? The wins? The players that want to stay? The ones that want to leave and why?..

9. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

Morey quit. D'antoni quit. Westbrook and Harden demanded trades. All in the same offseason. Some people on the team probably don't like working for Fertita. Instead of asking whether anyone cares about putting his bio in place of a list of front office personnel, how about we just list the personnel like every other team? Why defend unprofessionalism?

HP3 and D-rock like this.
  10. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

I am just telling u as It is. Being professional is important.

Example: a school website
    U are a student researching potential choices. A well designed website with lack of grammar. Updated class/teacher names. With clear mission statement vs a website riddled with grammar issues, missing links and a page long autobiography of the founder.

Its common sense which college u are willing to apply 2.

Btw: tilman reputation as a boss from previous workers is pretty negative. Especially those at the bottom.

#50 DatRocketFan, Dec 19, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2020
  11. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

Does it read like any other Front Office in any other sport?

That makes Jerry Jones say WTF.

HP3, D-rock and don grahamleone like this.
  12. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

If Tilman puts himself above the play on the court he’s missing the point. He ain’t Mark Cuban. Cuban is careful with his billions, Tilman has to be careful with his millions.

Personally I watch my pennies.

13. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

What? You should be impressed by the Tilman. The Celtics had around 100 something jobs listed done by different people but the Tilman does all those jobs by himself. Man is a hard worker and deserve some respect.

Anyone remember this beauty?
    [​IMG]

#53 Swapshop, Dec 19, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2020
    Deuce, D-rock and raining threes like this.
  14. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

To be fair there is a PDF at the bottom of the page with lots of info on everyone that is more involved than the Celtics info but it is from 2017-2018.

HP3 likes this.
  15. D-rock

D-rock Member

LOL

Patrick cannot save us soon enough.

HP3 likes this.
  16. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

lol. I noticed the Rockets FO page a month or two ago, I think when I was looking around for something. The Rockets do have one of the worst sites in that regard, but ... there are 1 or 2 that are probably worse. When I was looking around for other sites, I came across something NBAStuffer did. I'm guessing this is up-to-date, but this'll give you an idea about other NBA FO sites :

Front Office Staff of NBA Teams

ElPigto and D-rock like this.
  17. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I was going to post that when I saw this thread got bumped. :D I remember commenting wondering where Morey was in that pic, but now looking at it, I was going to say "what the hell must that thing look like now?" I mean, you got the Fertittas and EGo, then who knows about Harden and PJ.

18. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So now we are able to deflect racism into being “successful”... Interesting 2020 indeed.

19. Buck Turgidson

What is your cutoff for success? How many creditors does one have to **** over to make one "unsuccessful" in your businessworld?

UhHuh.

20. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Idk if I can trust this website grading scale if a link to the thunders is to the Bucks. And a link to the suns were the kings.

A website grading others but cant even post the right fking links LOL.

The worst according to them are the bucks, Rockets, mavs, and warriors. (10% and lower)

Suns, thunders and heat (15% and lower)

My thoughts?
    • U r right in that If your intention was to point out @lakersuck2 falsely made the statement that we are the only group that fked up front office page, since there were others, but our is the worst to me
    • Out off all the 6 I listed, I think only Rockets have an outdated media guide, so idk how we weren't at the bottom with 0-5%. That alone is shtty
    • Suns, warriors and heats didn't have a front office page, but media page was up-to-date. An up-to-date media = way more professional than Houston.
    • Bucks was rated poorly bc it didn't have a front office (true), but its tabs team history, team players and stuff were solid not a bad site
    • Thunders website wasn't that bad in that although the front office had paragraph long of words it wasn't just about one person
    • Mavs website is well done, if u want to criticize it lacked a front office page, sure. Its designed differently
    • I didn't read to check for grammar, since I don't care about the teams mentioned.

If u were to rate it on only front office, I guess u can say the six were about the same on how bad it was on providing that info outright, but if you are the only team (out of the 5, bucks didn't have i think) to post an out dated media guide, u will get the title of worst site for me. But thats just me.

Ps. I quickly glanced over it, might missed stuff since this was all done on the phone.

#60 DatRocketFan, Dec 21, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2020