1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Preseason's about to start, is there any channel or site that airs it?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by metalshred, Oct 6, 2007.

Tags:
  1. Coca Cola Scola

I remember being able to get most of the preseason games last year...and I have direct tv. Does anyone have the definitive word on how someone can watch the preseason games nationally? Some of the fans here no longer live in Houston....just happen to continue to support the Rockets. I have NBA league pass, but can't find any preseason games on the menu for league pass channels. I did see one game on the menu under Fox Sports Houston....so I'm thinking about ordering that channel, but I'm still not sure what it carries since the menu only had one game....and I'd prefer to watch on tv, rather than off the internet. Someone here mentioned that Fox Sports would be carrying 7 exhibition games....so is that for sure?....that all the preseason games are going to be on the channel (Fox Sports Houston)? I don't want to order an extra channel unless its carrying a lot of the preseason games.

2. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Coca Cola Scola, I'm sure someone else will chime in with more info, but the first two exhibition games are on FSSW for sure. Don't know after that. I can't imagine NBA exhibition games being on national TV.

3. TeamUSA

TeamUSA Member

R2K can't post link anymore to his video archive? :(

4. TurboRowdyDEE

TurboRowdyDEE Member

going to the this game! :D

5. AggNRox

AggNRox Member

cola, i have same problem as yours. don't know where you are now. i am living in austin. fsn shows spurs games here. nba tv may recast some preseason games, just like last nite. i don't know anyone knows other ways to watch games for those peolpe living in outside of houston.

6. AkeemTheDreem86

I just got U-Verse and was wondering the same thing.

Does anyone know if U-Verse's coverage of the Rox is any different from Comcast?

7. jasonemilio

jasonemilio Member

okay I have ppstream but the problem is....I cant read chinese. Should I get PPLive instead? (I actually had both last season to watch rox games but for some reason ppstream is a lot different this time, a lot for confusing). Any suggestions?

Besides paying for nba lp

8. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

I used to have the U-Verse package that came with pretty much every channel... With this package I had four different FSSW that would show pretty much every game broadcast in Texas. I.e., if the Rangers were playing on FSSW or whatever, FSSW2 would be showing the Astros game at the same time. I'm not sure how it's handled by the U200 package or whatever, but I would bet that you'll get all the Rockets games on FSSW.

9. AkeemTheDreem86

Thanks man.

That's pretty cool how you can get all Texas sports broadcasts at one time though. So if I lived in Austin (Spurs country) I could essentially get all the Rockets games without buying LP?

Living in Houston, I have no doubt we'll get all the regular season games (we !@#$ing better!). The only reason I'm sceptical is that tomorrow's game isn't showing up on the guide.

10. cmcortese

cmcortese Contributing Member

i am also on mac.
    i streamed a few games last year, but i think i had my wife bring home her pc.
    anyone know if there is software to stream the games that is mac compatible?

11. ShutURBiG!

ShutURBiG! Contributing Member

EXACTLY! The game isn't showing up on the guide, but I hope it shows anyways. If not, I'm going to have a bad week. But I have a feeling that there's going to be a 90% chance it's showing, even though it's not on there.

12. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

question, I have dish network for the first time this season. in order for me to watch Rockets game I have to watch it on the FSN Alternate channel since I live in Manvel. anyways, do they show the midnight repeats on the alternate FSN?

13. AkeemTheDreem86

Does anyone have an answer on the U-Verse situation yet?

14. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The only difference thus far is the U-Verse does not carry NBA League Pass. If it's on TNT, 20, FSSW etc it will be carried on U-Verse.

15. AkeemTheDreem86

It's just not on the guide....

16. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I noticed that too but if it shows on on FSSW on Comcast or DirecTv as has been reported here, it will be on U-verse too.

17. ShutURBiG!

Let's hope it's that way.

18. darnbni99a

darnbni99a Member

i hope its on sopcast..

19. ShutURBiG!

It's on the guide now on channel 755!!! :D

20. Barkley

Barkley Member

Man just read posts above and you will know