1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Preseason] Spurs @ Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Jeff Who, Oct 9, 2008.

1. IndoRockets

IndoRockets Member

with the emergence of Wafer today.. DJ position is in trouble. Dunno who will be cut again here. Everyone is doin good. Head did well towards the end of the game

2. IndoRockets

IndoRockets Member

With everyone playing good, and the roster spot is scarce, I think a trade would be going on. Wafer and Harris played reasonably well in the minutes they get.. Francis is being saved by his reputation at the moment, he need to prove his worth in these pre-season

3. maw7079

maw7079 Member

Huh? Chris Paul and Aaron Brooks are not the same size.

4. blathersby

blathersby Contributing Member

Pre-Draft measurements are the closest thing that exists to accurate in the NBA.
    [​IMG]

5. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Hopefully he can get cleared before the preseason ends. Still nice to see him out there on the bench cheering our guys on. Its only preseason, but you see Franchise jumping out his seat like its the Playoffs.

6. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I think the key thing there is weight and bench press. Chris Paul is far stronger than Aaron Brooks, which means he can absorb contact and still make shots. Brooks tries to squirm his way around contact and make shots, but he doesn't have the touch to finish those shots consistently.

7. thcdrummer007

thcdrummer007 Member

its channel 678. FSH and yes theyonly broadcast rockets games. Nothing else when there is no game.

8. PhilCollins

PhilCollins Contributing Member

agreed looks like he got a better handle over the summer. Was dribbling up a storm a couple of posessions . . .

9. opticon

opticon Member

I noticed that too. But he made quite a few bad passes or just plain lost control of the ball a few times.

10. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

For every successful attempt to break down his man, there are three failures that make me want to pull my hair out.

In other words, he looks exactly the same as last year if you ask me.

11. rox0607champs

rox0607champs Member

12. blink

blink Contributing Member

where the heck are the highlights for this game? espn doesnt have any, nba.com says "file not found", nbc doesnt have it.... ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

13. blink

blink Contributing Member

lol... theyre trying to start up a forum.... you have to basically spam to do that.... and that's what theyre doing

14. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

I'm guessing DJ Strawberry will get at least 30 mins against the Celtics...he has barely played the first two games...even Tolliver, Green, Watkins and all those training camp fodder gets major minutes in the Spurs team...not like if they were the Thunder looking for actual players to fill in the roster...

Let Yao rest...Don't take a chance on T-Macs knee either...Rafer can sit the bench too with his shooting

Let Brent and Ron run the show...

I get the feeling Brent and Ron are naturally adapted for the Adelman system...8 assists in 20 mins... thats nash-que stats

15. boyisoyc

boyisoyc Member

Huston's gonna win night after night

16. Painting_Shade

Painting_Shade Contributing Member

ron artest has shot realllly well from 3... counting the open practice and the preseason, he's like 9-16 or something

17. LCII

LCII Contributing Member

Where's Deke? Is he not getting signed? :(