1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

[Preseason] Rockets @ Celtics

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Jeff Who, Oct 11, 2008.

1. IndoRockets

IndoRockets Member

wait a moment..i'm still impressed with hayes clutch FT.. :)

2. WNBA

WNBA Member

Head did not shoot 1/7.

3. djperm

djperm Contributing Member

Too much standing around in 4th quarter... need more cuts and movement away from ball to create more scoring opportunities.

Wafer's got game.

I hope that Head works diligently on his ball handling and dribbling skills (Rafer's should help you with that!)

4. IndoRockets

IndoRockets Member

gotta say that alston was woeful with his shot

5. farrisdabis

farrisdabis Member

Luther Head is absolutely terrible. Even my mom who never watches basketball was asking why he is so bad.

6. Russjr2

Russjr2 Contributing Member

We have the guys trying to make the team and the rotation playing most of the 4th quarters the last two games. No worries. Artest would not let that happen, he would get to the FT line at least to get us some points.

There are going to be some interesting cuts coming. Head and Brooks better get it together. Von Wafer is right on their heels, and if he starts getting his shot going look out. He can stroke it. He may be the sleeper pick to make the roster. He fits this offensive style.

7. DaronMalakian

DaronMalakian Member

Little disagree. He defended O'Bryant good, but still he scored... 6-6

Put in front of him Pau Gasol (bad defender) and maybe we have a bad shot from O'Bryant... Because 7-1 man, thats the raw realiity. Basketball is for tall people and we don't have a backup center. At least Dorsey should have played the game.

8. rocketsmetalspd

Nice Pre Season game. I can't wait for the season to start.

9. kaitanuva

kaitanuva Member

Its only preseason, so its best to let it go.

10. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

For the first 3 quarters, one of the best preseason games I've seen.

Artest is phenomenal. His intensity is contagious. Love to see T-Mac showing some fire.

Wafer > Head

Brooks will be fine.

Landry is awesome.

Alston still can't shoot.

Team was awesome from the line.

Head is garbage.

Yao was better.

T-Mac looked pretty good and made his FTs.

11. smoove shoez

smoove shoez Member

The Suns and the Nuggets are playing outside on TNT.

12. T-mac&Yao=RING

T-mac&Yao=RING Contributing Member

Funniest post ever.

13. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Looking at the boxscore, I just realized that each team only hit one 3-pointer all game.

That's a pretty rare occurence. Over the last 2 seasons, it's happened only 4 times.

14. LoveRoxHateJazz

I don't think the refs are ever going to call 48 free throws for the Rockets during the regular season/playoffs. Maybe we need more scuffles at the beginning of the game so the refs call our fouls.

I don't think I will ever get to see footage of the scuffle. I did see Walker shove Yao. Boston has a new rival. Rafer and Rondo got into it last season. And didn't one of their players flip Yao?

15. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

not that it matters, but the rox were robbed of 4 pts there from Scola--goal tending and he released the last shot with fractions of a second left.

very entertaining game :eek:

#615 Tfor3, Oct 11, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2008
  16. Convictedstupid

The only reason that celtics won is because they played their starters pretty much the entire first half....

And that was goal tending AND he released the ball in time.

Dear God, we're gettin' the shaft by the refs in our 3rd freakin' preseason game...

17. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Every team is gonna become our Rival. I didn't catch all of the game, but from what I read, seems like our team is going to be the playground bullies this year. Maybe it was only that walker guy or whatever that pissed McGrady off, but right now it seems like our team wants first blood, literally...

18. ronnymac

ronnymac Member

Positives
    McGrady. looked quick on offense. waqsnt at his best on D. but he was attacking the rim . got to the line 9 times in only 10 minutes. converted 8 of them. his first step looked alot better then i thought it would. also he looked in much better shapoe then two three weeks ago. 10 points 4 boards in 10 minutes. its also nice to see tracy with a bit of emotion. the ron artest domino effect.

Yao. improved as the game went on. he looked better everytime he made a spin move. his foot work looked crisper to. loved the one hand dunk.

Artests D on pierece. was good. he also got into pierces head as allways.

Scola was a tireless warrior. he should have been awarded the game winner on both of his attempts. first one was a clear goal tend and the second one he released the ball just before the buzzer

Negatives

Luther head. he is thrash. he turns the ball over left and right and is a streaky shooter. has no business being on this roster ahead of wafer or even francis.

Brooks one of the most overrated prospects ever. he is a shoot first midget who brings nothing. if you're a scorer but you ant shoot then you're useless.

Strawberry is gonna be cut. he brings nothing. he cant shoot and is'nt as good as people made him out to be on defense.

19. ronnymac

ronnymac Member

20. el_locoteee

el_locoteee Member

I think Head knows he is being showcase and he want to make sure he don't get trade it.