1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Preseason Gm 1] Texans @ Cardinals

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Jet Blast, Aug 9, 2014.

1. Summer Song Giver

The last thing the team needs now is to further mortgage the future to bring in some other teams back up QB. Some of you deserve this trash they trot out every year.

You didn't have the balls to go get BW or JFF now you want to further damage the future for another Schaub experiment... it boggles my mind. Trading future picks for more 6-10 or 8-8 seasons... wow.

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

How would picking up trash rookie QB's make the situation better?

3. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Yes, cause we're the ones making the decisions. Just go away dude.

4. Summer Song Giver

no but you enable the continued failure of the franchise with your blind support.

5. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Because as we all know, waning support for the Oilers made everything better. And it's currently doing wonders for the Astros.

6. Summer Song Giver

It all comes back to this, it's abusive woman syndrome, he drinks and he beats me but I don't want to be alone.

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Cowboys or Titans, which one?

8. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm actually ok with the passing of those guys but the real slap in the face for me is losing out on Bridgewater by one spot. Say what you will about him, but at least there would be a chance of optimism with him. As is, i'm trying my best not to be a complete debbie downer.

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

They didn't "lose out on Bridgewater by one spot" though, they weren't ever going to draft him to begin with and he is making Matt Cassel look like a good QB right now.

10. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Comparing rooting for the hometown team as a hobby to battered women is offensive. Mabye you should take a step back and re-evaluate things if this is what comes to mind when it comes to sports.

11. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

Picks? So not only are you getting upset about a hypotehtical trade, but you're doubling down with anger by artifically inflating the terms of this fanatsy trade? Seems reasonable...

*IF* they deal for Mallett, it won't be for multiple picks; or the picks will be relatively insubstantial.

12. Summer Song Giver

what are the winning lotto numbers since you know what Rick and the old man will give fore Mallett. If I'm betting who's the fleecee and who the fleecer, I know which direction I'm pushing my chips.

13. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

How about we start here: I don't even know if they have any interest in Ryan Mallett. You're getting upset about something you've literally made up in your head - not only that they will trade for him but that they'll give up way too much for him. That's silly.

14. htown1984

htown1984 Member

Why do you say hes making Cassell look like a good QB? He looked way better than Fitspatrick in his debut and hes a rookie

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well I say he made Cassel look like a good QB, because that's what happened. Most QB's looked "way better" than Fitz in that first preseason game, it doesn't mean I'd want all of them. Jimmy Clausen looked awesome in his first preseason game this year, should we be wishing we got him too?

16. htown1984

htown1984 Member

anyone but Pickzpatrick,, please

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well we have that on our roster already.

18. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Not that this is a good analogy, or even an accurately named reference, but being "alone" would mean not having a football team. Nobody wants that again.

19. Major

Major Member

For all your talk about a preseason game being meaningless, you seem to be awfully judgemental of players when it fits what you want to believe.

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Hey, maybe he'll bounce back and look better, but if you are bailing on the Texans QB's after one preseason game, why would it make sense to talk about a QB who looked bad in his first preseason game?