1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

PreDraft 2013: State of the Division/Conference

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Rocket River, Mar 21, 2013.

1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Texans should still be a lock to win this division
    Colts - should be a lock to be second - maybe another playoff appearence

Neither the Titans nor the Jacksonville have done anything of any great significants.

Texans were top 3 in the conference. I see no reason that should change

Who in the AFC has gotten significantly better?
    Enough to 'leap frog' the Texans?

CHEATriots playing in a bull**** division will make them being #1 or 2 a lock
    Denver - still not sure what to think of them . . .

Ravens = Jacksonville/Carolina after their Superbowls - disintegration
    Pittsburgh . . . Ben is good but who else is??? Defense is old
    Bengals - not impressed.

Rocket River
    it's early but its football

2. arjun

arjun Member

heard denver is also interested in victor cruz......jeez man.

3. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Member

Only the Colts look like a threat. The patriots appear weaker, maybe not while Denver appears stronger. I still would put the Texans as a top 3 AFC team, but to get to the big show the additions can't stop. Gotta draft smart and maybe a FA pick up.

4. logggur

logggur Member

My guess is the Colts regress to a losing record this season. They played one of the easiest schedules in the league and had a weird amount of come-from-behind close wins. That likely will not hold up.

5. primtim24

primtim24 Member

Why won't it hold up, they didn't lose any of the important parts of their offense. Andrew Luck won't be getting worse this season, and their defense can't possibly do anything but get better as well. The Colts should/will challenge the Texans for the AFC South this season.

And as far as the scheduling goes, based on last season the Colts have the 3rd easiest 2013 schedule in the NFL

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000137115/article/teambyteam-strength-of-schedule-for-2013

6. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Member

The Colts were playing the whole season on an emotional high for their coach. You can't expect that to continue into next year. I expect (hope) they will come back down to earth next year. Maybe an 8-8 like season.

Of course, I used to say that every year about Fisher's titans during the mid-2000's and it never seemed to happen.

7. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Member

Who REALLY coached the Colts last year, Pagano or Arians? I think it was the latter and that will hurt the Colts' growth.

8. justtxyank

justtxyank Member

It's early obviously, but I expect the Texans to be a top 3 team, possibly #2 seed behind Denver.

If the Texans draft well they could be a favorite. They will need to have an explosive offense.