1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Prediction: Bobcats are the next team that will make a major shakeup

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Clips/Roxfan, Dec 20, 2010.

1. Clips/Roxfan

Clips/Roxfan Member

Bobcats fall apart in 2nd half of rout

By Ron Green Jr.
    rgreenjr@charlotteobserver.com

WASHINGTON -- It is one thing to lose badly.

It's something else to flirt with embarrassment.

The Bobcats walked somewhere between the two Monday night, getting blasted 108-75 by the Washington Wizards in the Verizon Center.

Remember the 33-point loss to Memphis five nights earlier? Or the 31-point homecourt loss to Boston nine days earlier?

Same game. Different opponent.

"We're just not a team," head coach Larry Brown said afterward. "We're not well coached. We don't play hard. That's my responsibility.

"I feel bad to put a team out there like that."

With Oklahoma City in town tonight and a gathering sense of desperation and frustration, the question is what's next for the Bobcats (9-18) who have lost five of their last six games.

It could hardly get worse than the second half against the Wizards.

The Bobcats scored just 30 second-half points, one fewer than Washington scored in one of the truly forgettable third quarters the Bobcats have played.

It was like a greatest hits collection of things gone bad for the Bobcats.

Then again, when you score just one field goal in a quarter (setting a dubious team record), it doesn't generally work out well. Diaw is the answer to the trivia question if anyone asks who scored the lone third-quarter bucket for the Bobcats, who did manage 11 points in the quarter.

Whatever chance they had of overcoming a five-point halftime hole evaporated almost instantly when Diaw was called for traveling near midcourt as he brought the ball upcourt on the first possession of the second half.

It set the tone and not in a good way.

"We came back in the second half without the right mindset," Diaw said. "They took the lead and then it was like a snowball effect."

It got so bad that center Nazr Mohammed was ejected midway through the third quarter when he was whistled for two quick technical fouls after arguing a pushing foul.

It could be explained away as a case of bad timing, given the fresh excitement surrounding the Wizards (71-19) after trading away Gilbert Arenas last weekend, lifting a cloud and an eight-figure contract off the franchise.

But that would ignore the fact Washington had lost six in a row and 11 of 12 before the Bobcats arriving bearing their gifts. While Brown blamed himself, Diaw didn't.

"Definitely it happens a lot lately but it's not his responsibility," Diaw said. "It is everybody. He's not on the court. He's not playing. He's trying to do his best.

"There have been some rough times."

The trouble started early when the Bobcats' defense disappeared. Washington scored on 12 of 13 possessions early in the first quarter, quickly building a double-digit lead. It dipped to 50-45 at halftime thanks to strong play from the Bobcats' bench including Shaun Livingston and Kwame Brown but it didn't last.

"I feel bad for our young kids," Brown said. "They looked totally disorganized. It's totally on me.

"It looked like the first day of practice, maybe a pick-up team playing an NBA team."

Read more: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2010/12/20/1924430/wizards-rout-bobcats.html#ixzz18ioCBguw

2. Clips/Roxfan

Clips/Roxfan Member

Last Five Games:

Sat, Dec 11 vs Boston L93-62

Tue, Dec 14 vs Toronto W97-91

Wed, Dec 15 @Memphis L113-80

Fri, Dec 17 @Atlanta L90-85 9-17

Dec 20 @Washington L108-75

Lost three of their last games by thirty

3. Shaud

Shaud Member

Brown will probably retire soon

then come back somewhere.

4. mrm32

mrm32 Member

I wonder if we'd be better off with Brown?

5. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Been watching their box scores lately and smh. Complete disaster. I assume MJ no longer wants LB to coach there indefinitely. LB must be losing his touch because he's normally the kind of guy who will natter his players constantly to make sure they stay on edge. I think he's retiring from the NBA after leaving the Bobcats. Age catches up to everybody.

6. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

Sounds like Brown is trying to get himself fired, and get a nice severance package like he did with Detroit and NY

7. foo82

foo82 Member

It's like the perfect scam. Then he gets hired somewhere else.

8. Juxtaposed Jolt

I don't they need a major shakeup.

I think they need fresh blood though; maybe swap two players for the hell of it, just to get some new life.

9. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Hey Morey brainwash the Bobcats and snag Jackson from them.

10. mike_lu

mike_lu Member

Watched one of the Bobcats games ... they need a real PG like the Rockets need a shot blocker ...

Mostly one shot and done. Everything rushed. No cohesion, little team play.

11. roslolian

roslolian Member

Oh hell no. Brown is a player killer, and more or less leaves franchises destroyed whenever he leaves. See: Detroit, NY and now Charlotte.

12. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I think they miss Raymond Felton big time. DJ Augustine is a sorry starting PG and he's backed up by Shaun Livingston. Ouch!

13. Entropy

Entropy Member

So re-signing Kwame Brown wasn't a good idea after all?

14. Entropy

Entropy Member

LA Lakers?

15. nbalopez23

nbalopez23 Member

does not look good 4 michael jordan

16. saintja2

saintja2 Contributing Member

They are a mess, indeed.

But we can help them with their point guard problem:

Brooks + Jeffries for Wallace and their unprotected 1st rd pick? :p

17. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

He is only costing tem a million bucks and he still is a decent rebounder when he gets minutes. I would take him for a second rd pick if there really is a firesale.

18. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I wonder If Gerald Wallace would mesh with Martin and Scola?

A 2-3-4 of "Fairy"-"Crash"-"Ice Cream Man", would be deadly.

19. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Crash could go a long way to compensating for martin's defensive issues, first team all defensive players end to have that effect and all.

20. fba34

fba34 Contributing Member

dude u r in all the gerald wallace threads (as am i!).