1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

predict your team technical foul leader

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by waihh, Nov 7, 2009.

?

who's going to lead the team in technical fouls?

1. Ariza

34 vote(s)
    17.4%
  2. Brooks

17 vote(s)
    8.7%
  3. Scola

35 vote(s)
    17.9%
  4. Lowry

20 vote(s)
    10.3%
  5. Coach Adelman

65 vote(s)
    33.3%
  6. somebody else

24 vote(s)
    12.3%
  1. waihh

waihh Contributing Member

I love the rockets roster. We have a bunch of nice guys who play extremely hard, have good chemistry and never give up. The double T for Travor and Ron had me do a little research, and found the "T" leaders of this team are all gone. Rafer with 7, Dike with 6 for 2006-2007, Rafer 6 and Dike 5 for 2007-2008 (Bonzi got 6 too but he was traded during the season), Ron 4 and Aaron 3 for 2008-2009 (Rafer would have led again with 6 if not traded during the season). For this very young season, Travor leads with just 1.

Who will be the next "T" leader for this team? Sometimes you need Ts to protest biased calls, protect a teammate, or simply let out the frustration.

For starters, I left Battier and Heyes out because guys seldom show emotion or confront. They are outstanding defenders, just do not commit Ts. For reserves, I included Lowry because he plays significant minutes, and is likely to lead in Ts, more likely than Landry or Budinger.

I could not find how many Ts Adelman usually got in a season, but I throw him there any way.

#1 waihh, Nov 7, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2009
  2. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

Deke was getting technicals for the famous finger wag. SMH :eek:
    I wanna say Lowry or scola because they are really competitive players, but everyone on this team is nice.

3. Pete Chilcutt

Pete Chilcutt Contributing Member

I say coach, with Pops in second if he gets any play time.

4. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

hmmm this is difficult... I don't know if any of them will get more than one or two all season.

Lowry got more excited tonight than I have ever seen him get. Ariza it was a Ron thing... or he'd have never even gotten it.

hmmmm

I'm going to say coach/bench!

5. waihh

waihh Contributing Member

Ariza and Brooks each got 3 for last regular season. Ron only got 1 more.

6. rockets88MT

rockets88MT Member

Joey Defense :mad:

7. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

I will say Kyle Lowry or Carl Landry. Plus I like to put those two names together. No Homo.

8. Grimm920

Grimm920 Member

Battier and Hayes show emotion during a bad call but its never directed towards the refs and that's how they avoid the T. Simple thing to do but for so few players actually have the will to just let it go

9. IndoRockets

IndoRockets Member

Ooh..I don't know..nice question..Guess it will be Lowry because of his competitiveness and always going inside hard to the basket that will likely bumps people and sometimes no foul called

or..

Andersen with technicals from 3 second defensive violation

10. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Scola gets under the skin of opposing players. He'll be probably draw a few double-technicals that way.

11. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

Honestly...

Adelman.

Because he's constantly yelling at the refs...

And I think this year, it's gonna start costing him XD.

12. devilsdandruff

i voted for the coach.

13. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

We Rockets fans might not realize it, but Scola is getting up there in terms of most hated players in the NBA. Moreso by the players than the fans but still...lol. Now I know how it feels and I couldn't be prouder to have him on my team. He might flop here and there but he still doesn't give out cheap shots and constant loose ball fouls the way the Jazz do.

14. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Shane Battier easily. The guy gets a tech almost every other game.

15. TXRoxBBall

TXRoxBBall Member

Lowry or Brooks, but I'll go with Lowry as long as he keeps seeing the kind of minutes he's getting.

16. Curly

Curly Member

Landry.

17. thegame_2234

thegame_2234 Contributing Member

IMO got to be Adelman

if i was a nba coach i got a reputation to mantain so i will be always upset with the ref and when i mean upset i mean throwing the chairs to the court "like the call they gave us in the playoff against dallas (the out of bound steal of michael finley) and most of the floops that they call against utah and most of it would be just for fun i like doing that (and is in television sooooo it's cool)

18. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

I'm going with Ariza. He had that flagrant last year against Fernandez that I didn't like. He seems more laid back now, but it was only 8 months ago.

How did Brooks get tech calls?

19. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

It will most likely be Ariza bc he is taking the most shots these days and will probably have the most to argue about. If you look at last years stats Carmelo, Kobe, DWade, Howard, Lebron, and Bosh all led their teams in techs. If you are the face of the team and getting the most offensive attention you will likely have the most to complain about.

20. tfvic

tfvic Member

DORSEY ON THE BENCH!