1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can former Rocket Eric Gordon and the Suns bounce back against the Timberwolves? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Predict Trump tweet about Sondland

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Rileydog, Nov 18, 2019.

1. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

Well, we know that trump is going to attack Sondland via twitter rant. What is it going to be?

I barely know him.

He barely knows me.

If you don't know me by now.

Sondland didn't donate THAT much money

Sondland is a NeverTrumper

Sondland was a disaster in the EU

Sondland is Deep State actor

Sondland is Hollywood actor

2. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Let me tell you something about "Sloppy" Sondland... Ahh... Chest pains... Time for part two of my surprise physical exam.

T_Man, FrontRunner and Rileydog like this.
  3. Rileydog

Goofy Gordon?
    Sondland the Snitch?

I wonder how many notepads trump exhausts trying to come up with these nicknames. Maybe he enlists the help of the neighborhood 5th grade bully. It reminds me of Steve Carrell in The Office, spending hours trying to come up with something witty for Meredith's birthday card. I'm guessing trump has canceled numerous national security briefings to work on nicknames for his political adversaries.

4. Nook

Nook Member

"What does Sunderland no? Moore Democrate Russia lies!!!! Which hunT! Best econamie for Blacks! Facts!@! #FlatEarth

dachuda86, subtomic, Rashmon and 3 others like this.
  5. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

LOL - 3 convicted.....

How can anyone support this con man - if you support him still after everyone around him has broken the law than you are a traitor, and are being willfully ignorant....maybe you should immigrate to another country that appreciates crooks in charge like Turkey, or Syria, or Mother Russia!

DD

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  7. Rileydog

I know this isn't real, but I did a double take anyway because our Tweeter-in-chief will tweet just about anything.

superfob and Nook like this.
  8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I am curious what Sondland will say - will he plead the 5th? Will he use the rope a dope "I don't recall" or will he come clean so he is not prosecuted in the future?

DD

9. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Stroke count rising and seems to need a little fixing

Nook likes this.
  10. B@ffled

B@ffled Member

After Stone got the book thrown at him, he'd better come clean. I don't think he can plead the 5th, because technically he hasn't done anything that would constitute a crime.

11. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

12. Nook

Nook Member

Not believable. There is absolutely no way he spells "Sonderland" properly. My guess is it will be "Sutherland" or "Sodderland".

13. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I'm going with B -- that Sondland doesn't know him. Specifically that Sondland is speculating on White House policy and only the men who conveniently refuse to testify are aware of the motivations to pressure Ukraine like he did.

14. Rileydog

If Sondland verifies Holmes' account, Sondland will be asked for his basis for saying that trump does not give a bleep about Ukraine, only about big stuff. That's where Sondland is in a bind. He can say he surmised it, he can say others told him, or he can say it is based on his direct communications with Trump.

I suspect that Trump and Sondland talked plenty because Trump put Sondland in his inner circle. But my guess is that he will put it on Guliani and say it's based on what Rudy told him. The question is whether Sondland can trust Trump and Rudy to not sell him down the river.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  15. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

And the thing is that there are other corroborating witnesses who were at the table with Holmes. If Sondland doesn't tell the truth, he could face charges since there are other witnesses.

16. Rileydog

Or he can go with the old I don’t recall.

17. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I'm particularly looking forward to Sondland's testimony. That he revised his testimony earlier may indicate that he's going to come clean. If he didn't want to come clean, he'd probably be better served by hiding behind executive privilege then to go up and say "I don't recall." So I see an opportunity for some great testimony. But who knows. He may know less than I hope. He may be more afraid to testify than I hope.

18. Rileydog

If Sondland's testimony hurts trump, it could flush out trump to submit a written statement in his own defense, or.... testify? I can't imagine his handlers would let him testify, but trump doesn't listen to people.

19. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

lol good thread idea