1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Predict Tonight's TNT Inside the NBA halftime show

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by heypartner, Nov 16, 2017.

1. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Apologies. I’ve been up since 4am. I’m exhausted and no sleep in sight. :(

xtruroyaltyx likes this.
  2. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Their takes are totally based on reputation and feel. It’s always been that way.

I really just wish they had one analytical guy in the group who can challenge them when they make their BS comments — like when Shaq implied that Paul was just a gunner before joining the Rockets. All their smart guys work over on NBA TV.

3. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

They either praise the “Obvious” choices or their “sleepers”...

Too desperate to be the smartest man in the room instead of giving objective analysis.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  4. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

With apologies to Isaac Hayes:

Who's the former Magic dick
    Who's still mad about getting swept...
    (Shaq) Ya damn right

Who's the guy that Dream destroyed
    Beat the NBA's golden boy?

(Shaq) Can you dig it?

Who's the man that puts us down
    Commentating like a clown
    (Shaq) Right on

They say this cat Dream is a bad mother - (Shut your mouth)
    Way better than Shaq, though! - (Then we can dig it)

He's a baby of a man
    And Houston understands, that's why we say:
    (**** Shaq)

(lyrics start at the 2:40 mark)

HakeemOnlyFan likes this.
  5. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Greek freak is better than Harden and Kyrie......OMFG, you have got to be ****ing kidding me....oh wait..its coming from chuck so who cares

6. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

They guys don't respect MDA and James Harden - bottom line. When you say Curry+Klay > Paul + Harden - you're a fool. When you say the Rockets don't play D, you're a fool. When you say this offense won't work in the playoffs without a big man....you're a fool because it is the same offense GS runs.

Rockets haven't proven anything. But these guys are idiots.

James.B.H, roxallways, ArtV and 2 others like this.
  7. Buck Turgidson

You are correct. It's Kardashianspn.

Watch it for fun, but why anyone would get upset or care about what they say....

Seriously, how many times has someone said: Well, Cowherd...Whitlock...Steven A....Bayless...*******#3...said this, so let's argue about it?

8. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

These guys have real opinions which is not like the ESPN trash that's just a gimmick.

Kellerman doesn't care about the Rockets, he just has to say something different from Stephen A, so Stephen A can yell louder and more idiots can watch the show.

Barkley is still pissed he got screwed over by 3 million dollars. Kenny, Charles, and even Shaq get to say what's on their minds without worrying about contradicting what the main character like Stephen A is saying

9. Buck Turgidson

Only Charles, like you said, Kenny's good too. Why do you or anyone care what these guys say? Does Jalen Rose or whoever change your opions?

10. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's been a good show for a long time.
    Jalen's takes are legit cause he actually played in the NBA and is part of a super gimmick like Kellerman.

11. Buck Turgidson

Cool. If you want to listen to the talking heads trying to make a name, go for it.

12. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

I didn't watch the TNT version. What were they saying about Rockets? I bet they were talking about other teams and random stuff more than Rockets.

13. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

14. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

Didn’t Charles say a few months ago or a few games back that Houston could win a series against gsw. That they could beat them.
    Lol
    At Charles saying Klay is better than Harden
    Or that steph and clay :) is better than Chris and Harden.
    If we talking about defense and as a group then H&C are better.
    I think Chris is better defender than klay or steph. Chris is really smart he will get you one way or another.
    Harden is bigger and has better ball handler than klay.
    Klay is a great quick shooter. Steph has great handles.
    I’m pretty sure if they went 2 on 2 H&C would easily win.

What Gsw has is good and long defenders. Livingston, KD, iguadala, green, McGee. So is Harden to go to the paint and score. They get deflections and run and they cover the 3 well with their length. But steph and Klay aren’t great defenders. They are a great defensive team as a whole.

s3ts likes this.
  15. OTMax

OTMax Member

Summary and everything you need to know:

Barkley: "Everybody shooting threes, I don't know why...CP3 did not make the Rockets better."
    Shaq: "CP3 was never known for his defense, has some fresh legs now, so..."
    Kenny: "Okay"..... (nods)
    Ernie: next topic

#315 OTMax, Dec 8, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2017
  16. Juxtaposed Jolt

I'll disagree with the bold. Sure, the whole point of SAS vs Kellerman is so that one of them can try to contradict what the other has said...but this, at least, brings in a new viewpoint.

In the YT clip swapshop posted, like 2 posts above mine, Barkley states that GS's backcourt is better than our backcourt...while giving no evidence to support his claim. Opinions are great and all, but when everyone agrees on something while giving little to no reasoning as to why, the show becomes elementary.

No one disagrees with anything Shaq says, probably because he becomes a child who tries to insult you if you do. No one disagrees with Barkley - Ernie and Kenny will sometimes "correct" Barkley, but they still agree, for the most part.

Inside the NBA sure is entertaining (sometimes), but they lose a lot of credibility. How, you ask?
    - Shaq stating CP3 isn't know for defense / looked for his shot while in LA.
    - Kenny stating this style of play can't get you into the WCF nor the Finals. Uhh...
    - Barkley stating our two best players aren't better than GS's two best players, who are apparently Steph and Klay. Should be Steph and KD.

17. the shark

the shark Member

I agree Buck. At the end of the day who cares what these guys have to say. Even if they were saying "the Rockets are the best team in the NBA right now and I don't see anybody beating them for the title" would it make it true? Would people feel better about themselves (and feel validated) because these dudes in the media say so.

Getting bent out of shape about lack of respect in the freakin media is a joke IMO.

18. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Harden no, Kyrie yes.

19. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

It's crazy how much they hate on the Rockets lol. We're the only team where they talk about how "they won't beat the Warriors" well DUH no team in the NBA would be favored against the Warriors, they have 4 top 20 players lol. And then Chuck talking about how their backcourt is better lol. The Warriors are favored against anyone because they have Durant and Green, if it was just Paul/Harden vs Curry/Thompson then we'd be the better team.

They're such idiots lol, I busted out laughing like 5 times while watching the post game show. Sad thing is that they're probably right, we are underdogs against the Warriors. But not for the reasons they mentioned.

20. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I think I'm gonna be okay if we delete Kenny from Rockets history. No more pics of him at TC.

He's cucked out and can't even defend our franchise from utter foolishness. Too me, his place in my Houston Sports heart is vacated.

s3ts likes this.