1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Predict the Texans ‘19-20 Record

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by texans1095, Sep 2, 2019.

?

How many wins do the Texans end up with?

1. Less than 5

3 vote(s)
    6.8%
  2. 6

2 vote(s)
    4.5%
  3. 7

2 vote(s)
    4.5%
  4. 8

8 vote(s)
    18.2%
  5. 9

11 vote(s)
    25.0%
  6. 10

10 vote(s)
    22.7%
  7. 11

4 vote(s)
    9.1%
  8. 12+

4 vote(s)
    9.1%
  1. texans1095

texans1095 Member

Make your prediction for how many wins you think the team ends up with this season. With all the recent changes, now seems like a time where we can finally have a more clear idea of what this team is capable of.

The way I see it...

SHOULD be wins:
    @Tampa Bay, Titans, Raiders, Colts, Jaguars

COULD be wins, and probably SHOULD be, but won’t be surprising if they lose:
    Panthers, @Colts, @Jaguars, @Titans, Broncos.

COULD be wins, but probably won’t be favored:
    @Ravens, Patriots, Falcons and @Chargers.

Feel fairly confident they WON’T win. Large underdogs:
    @Saints and @Chiefs.

My guess is...

Wins: @TB, Titans, Raiders, Colts, @Colts, Jaguars, @Jaguars, @Titans, Broncos and Falcons.

That puts them at 10-6. I think that’s a little optimistic and wouldn’t be surprised if they go anywhere from 6-10 to 10-6.

2. rockets94-95

rockets94-95 Member

3. Nimo

Nimo Member

I feel like we already have like 10 threads like this but I'll play along. I still think they win the division and host a playoff game. The offense needs to stay healthy and have the ball last but they have players. They'll need to call plays to take advantage of the talent. The pass rush is going to need to come quick to make up for the secondary. The safeties are going to be bailing out the CBs a lot. The linebackers are going to have their hands full chasing quick RBs playing as receivers (Kamara, McCaffery, Hynes, Freeman) without Clowney. A lot has to happen but I think they have enough to win this division again.

Sajan likes this.
  4. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

10-6 from me.

I think the offense will be lethal this year with the improved O-Line and I have wishful thinking Fuller and Keke will be relatively healthy.

5. Nimo

Nimo Member

Stills, assuming he doesn't get in O'Brien's dog house, should get Coutee's reps.

Gray_Jay likes this.
  6. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

clowney had seen enough. I respect clowney's judgement seeing as how he is a true winner, ball player, shot caller.

7. thedude077

thedude077 Member

7-9

Gray_Jay likes this.
  8. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

9-7, Brian.

9. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

I normally don't do prediction because I really suck at it but I'll go ahead and say it..... 11. I think the offense will be better and the defense will be about the same despite missing Clowney.

Edit: I forgot about our CB. :(... oh well, already voted

10. Gray_Jay

Gray_Jay Member

This. I like the OP's projection, but thinking sweeping Colts and Jags is ambitious. Much tougher schedule this year and BoB's ridiculous late game luck---two of those wins last year were gift-wrapped---should regress to the mean. They're going to really miss Clowney. I hope Merc can take up the slack. It'll be better for him financially, but I have little faith that RAC finally uses him efficiently. Cover corners? (Insert Larry David confused shrug face here) They should be adequate to decent on D. Which is good because they're playing some tough offenses early.

Tunsil and Stills should be great. It's not going to be enough. Teams are going to dare Watson to beat them through the air with a gazillion nickel and dime packages (because they're not going to worry about the run) and I don't think he can do it. O/U on sacks on Watson? I think 38 is fair. Curious what Vegas has for it.

Bunch of 50-50 games on the schedule. Hope they overachieve in them. Like James Bond, Bill O'Brien will return in 2020-21.

thedude077 and texans1095 like this.
  11. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Sticking with 11-5 because I still think we are better than every team in the division (since Luck retired)

12. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Not a bad thing imo.

I like keke a lot

But stills is a better player atleast at the moment.

15 YPC basically 6tds every year and good for 50 catches or so.

I think he’ll be very productive in this offense with Hopkins getting most of the attention and playing with a QB who’s accurate and not scared and has the arm to air it deep.

I like Stills he was a very solid pickup.

I get why he is seen as a throw in because Tunsil is that good and that young. It’s not every day you get a LT that’s 25 and has the potential to be an all-pro.

But Stills can play.

13. theimpossibles1

14. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

You really think we are going to sweep our division? When’s the last time we did that? We’ve never beaten Jacoby Brisset. Nick Foles threw for 500 yards on us last year. And the titans can steal a game cuz their coach is better.

This isn’t last years schedule and our defense got significantly worse....

I’ll be surprised if we win 5 games. I’m scared we just traded away the number 1 overall pick...

I woulda liked the trade for Tunsil if they were committed to going all in. But they traded JD for nothing and have soo much cap space.

Why not keep JD if you are trying to win. Sign suh to a one year deal or any of the vets. Sign a cornerback. Do anything instead of just sitting on a mountain of cash. Heck even signing a running back would also been nice.

15. Fantasma Negro

How many times are we going to have this same thread rehashed this off-season? That being said, in the first one of these I said 13-3, in the second I said 11-5, I'm going to double down on my second prediction and go 11-5, maybe even 12-4

16. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

changed my vote to 6 wins

B-Bob likes this.
  17. texans1095

texans1095 Member

I’d respectfully disagree. With Watson, our offensive weapons and an average defense at worst, I think our floor is 6 wins. Like I said, I don’t see this being a complete implosion of a season, but I also don’t see it being a 11+ win season.

18. texans1095

texans1095 Member

19. theimpossibles1

Never said it was.

20. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

They are going 11-5 again

Rudyc281 likes this.