1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Predict the Rockets' Depth Chart...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Houston77, Jun 23, 2022.

1. maj21

maj21 Member

Hate to break to y’all, but…… KMJ is not starting over Tate and Eason. I’m very curious who’ll finish games

jcmoon likes this.
  2. a time to chill

The Rockets are going to regret trading KJ.

jcmoon likes this.
  3. D-rock

D-rock Member

Send Burke + KJ + 2024 FRP to Hawks for point forward Jalen Johnson.

4. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Thanks James Harden

5. a time to chill

I don't know about that. Seems kind of risky to give up a first-round pick for a guy that can't even crack the rotation in Atlanta.

Corrosion likes this.
  6. maj21

maj21 Member

Why? I don’t think we’ll miss him at all.

7. a time to chill

He has freaky athleticism, is a good defender, and decent 3 pt shooter ... only 21 and still developing. This guy has the potential to at least be a good backup forward. Good teams need a strong bench. If I had to make a choice between Tate or KJ, I'm picking KJ.

jcmoon and DaDakota like this.
  8. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

His defense is not that good.

maj21 likes this.
  9. maj21

maj21 Member

He’s a good weak side shot blocker. His on ball D isn’t good. He also doesn’t have a handle. We’ll be just fine

10. D-rock

D-rock Member

LOL

Hawks have no time to develop youth, they are focused on winning games and doing something in the postseason.

Have you forgotten what it was like during Harden years or Yao years?

Starters and key vets are going to get all the minutes, rotations are tight. And Johnson was playing behind: John Collins, Gallinari, Knox, Okongwu, Dieng

Hence players like Burke.

Maybe replace KJ with Tate. Both have started and are legit NBA rotation players who can provide a very specific need for contending team like Hawks - Burke (playmaking + scoring) & Tate (switch defense).

#110 D-rock, Jun 25, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2022
  11. D-rock

D-rock Member

But you know who is good weakside rim protector AND on ball defender AND can switch everything AND has handles/passing AND is also a freak athlete AND is taller than 6'6?

6'10 Jalen Johnson

jcmoon and maj21 like this.
  12. D-rock

D-rock Member

2nd leading scorer until someone takes it away from him.

Moe, a time to chill, jcmoon and 2 others like this.
  13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I like KMJ but I would take Jalen Johnson for him in a heartbeat....

DD

D-rock likes this.
  14. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

I love Porter game but his behavior concern me, In the Nugget's game he did not want to play and left at halftime and during the Pelician's game he did not want come out when Coach Silas wanted to sub another player in the game for him. We will see this year.....I'm hoping Porter and Green will score 20 plus a game this year and Jabari around 17 points a game with 8 rebounds.

jcmoon likes this.
  15. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

I wish you let this Jalen Johnson nonsense go. If he’s that good, why would they let him go? We aren’t trading for a player that a team isn’t willing to give up.

16. PatBev

PatBev Member

KPJ/Veteran/Tyty
    Green/Christopher
    Gordon/Tate/Eason
    Jabari/KMJ/Garuba
    Sengun/Free agent sign

Hear from insiders that Houston likes having Gordon’s presence around & apparently Gordon doesn’t mind being in Houston. Gordon want a contract commitment if he is going to help raise kids through the rebuild

We need to rip the bandaid off and trade Tate or KMJ. We should not have both when starting the season

wolstein likes this.
  17. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

It's a shame really, if Wall would buy in to a veteran facilitator role in his last year with us we could've had a pretty decent team of mostly rooks with him and EG as vets to guide along the way. As it is, I think we'd be best running the following and moving a couple of pieces along the way to free up the logjam we have with our rooks:
    KPJ/Christopher/TyTy
    Jalen/EG
    Tate/KJ/Tari
    Smith/Garuba
    Sengun/FA-trade

PatBev likes this.
  18. csc177

csc177 Member

Sheesh. If Garuda is sent to the G league again this year, he’ll lose his mind. I need to see this highly touted defense folks raved about pre draft.

jcmoon likes this.
  19. jdjd

jdjd Member

I hear a lot of people talking about trading Tate, that would be the biggest mistake we could ever make and I think they realize that. (hence they just picked up his option)

Tate was played out of position all last season because he was the best defender we had on the team. His real position on this team (and I know some will think I'm crazy) is "point guard".

Hear me out before you say I'm crazy, if Tate works on his 3 point shot he's almost the exact same player as Marcus Smart. He can defend other teams point guards better than anyone we have on the team. Remember the problems he gave Harden?

Tate just need to be able to get the ball up the court and get it to Green, Sengun, or KPJ, we then have a decent defender getting back first on missed shots. Tate has run the point position for us in the past and did a decent job. In today's NBA the true "point guard" depends more on how you can defend other points more than how you can create for your team.

My final point for Tate at the point would be our offense advantage when we do decide to post him up against other teams point guards. Tate against Curry? BBQ'd chicken. If he can score in the post against other teams PF and C's image if the offense featured him in the post alternating with Sengun?

Corrosion, ashleyem and rhee like this.
  20. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

if he can hit like 36 perceny from 3 we wouldnt even think about trading him. Yes well be even worse after doing so since hes our best defender and does the dirty work, but we are tanking anyways. He only fits our timeline on a good comtract thats easily tradable without that 3. If we pay too much for him we may not have cap room to sign one of our rookies when their extensions come up, thats the issue.

rhee likes this.