1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Predict End of Season Starting Lineup

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bread and budin, Aug 11, 2012.

1. nbalopez23

nbalopez23 Member

Lin
    Lamb
    Delfino
    D Mo
    Asik

2. Panda23

Panda23 Member

3. theaesirsfinest

Assuming all the rookies pan out well...
    Lin
    Lamb
    Parsons
    D-Mo
    Asik

Coming off the bench, I think Jones and White could develop a nice tandem with each other, Machado, PPat, and _______ (not sure).

4. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Wait a minute..Delfino, wtf did I just read

5. Rocket_4_Life

Rocket_4_Life Member

Here's the problem. Terrence Jones showed in summer league that he should have been drafted in the top 10 - perhaps top 5. He out-played Robinson who went #5. Ideally, you don't want this type of talent on the bench. Jones is a capable 2-way player. Jones is a 4 who is versatile enough to play both 3 & 5 in certain situations. Dmo seems like he could have went in the top 10 this draft as well. He does it all offensively, and has a high bball IQ. Clearly, you want to have this guy on the court also.

Assuming Dmo can put on weight & strength, why not start him at 5 and pair him with an athletic 4 like Jones who is a good shot-blocker and post defender (granted we're talking mostly college right now)? Who does Dmo have to guard at the Center position besides Dwight? Of course you have to factor in team defense and PnR defense...

Omer's D is superior to Dmo's for sure, but when you factor in Dmo's IQ and polished offensive skillset, you have to give Dmo some consideration assuming he can become an average NBA defender. Otherwise, you're not maximizing your potential because either Dmo or Terrence is going to have to come off the bench.

Omer is a one-dimensional player. He's one of the best at that dimension, but he's below average otherwise. Dmo has a greater potential of being a two-way player at the 5. I don't suspect that he'll begin the season as starting Center, but if he can put on weight and strength, and if he can progress defensively, he may end the season in this manner.

Thus, here's my wish for end-of-season starting lineup:

1. Lin
    2. Lamb
    3. Parsons
    4. Jones
    5. Dmo

I believe all these guys have good bball IQs by the way, which is definitely a bonus.

6. skroodup25

skroodup25 Member

lin
    t. evans
    parsons
    jones/Dmo
    Asik

7. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

Chandler Parsons
    Terrence Jones
    Royce White
    Donatas Motiejunas
    Patrick Patterson

8. skroodup25

skroodup25 Member

I see what u did there.... :grin:

9. roxxy

roxxy Member

Asik is getting paid 8 million dollars. D-mo isn't going to be starting over him at center by the end of the season.

10. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

I agree completely with this.

Lin
    Martin
    Parsons
    Motiejunas
    Asik

11. Rodman23

Rodman23 .GIF

Eh, I'm more interested in seeing what kind of rotations Mchale is using at the end of the season and how he's distributing minutes. Anyways, sometimes the same players that start the first quarter aren't the same ones that finish up the fourth. Im so excited about how these guys will play together and all the potential combinations....

12. pass_to_Hakeem

LOL!!!

1) Lin
    2) Lamb (Martin surely will be traded)
    3) Parsons
    4) Patterson
    5) Asik

2nd unit***

1) Machado
    2) Livingston
    3) Morris
    4) White or Jones
    5) D Mo

13. pass_to_Hakeem

While I understand & even share a lot of your enthusiasm lets also keep in mind that all 4 rookies "did perform well" in Summer League --- but it was Summer League. The NBA is gonna be a lot different!! I believe all 4 are gonna have great / good careers, we still can't expect them to jump right in and pick up where they left off because again... This isn't Summer League

14. bleedrockets

bleedrockets Rookie

Barbosa is a free agent as of right now so why would trade Martin for him

15. jlfans

jlfans Member

2010 NBA Summer League: Top 8. Landry Fields
    5g, 15.6 ppg, 4.8 rpg, 1.2 apg, 52.7 fg%, 73.9 ft%, 1.8 to
    10-11 NBA
    82g, 9.7ppg, 6.4 rpg, 1.9 apg, 49.7 fg%, 76.9 ft%, 1.3 to

I just want to tell you all, NBA level so what, Landry Fields improved all his stats from Summer League to NBA. The only one downward stat is ppg because there is a ball hog in NYK.

2012 NBA Summer League: Top 3. Terrence Jones – 5 Games, 25 Minutes, 18.2PPG, 8.6RPG, 1.4APG, 50%FG, 33%3FG, 76%FT

Terrence Jones is all above him. How do you think?

16. felixng2012

felixng2012 Member

Lin
    Lamb
    Parsons
    D-Mo
    Asik

Just develop them rookies. It will lower our record and help our rookies get better as fast as possible.

17. leangle25

leangle25 Member

Rockets should sign Llull his contract as a backup PG for Lin

18. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

Cassell
    Drexler
    Horry
    Brown
    Olajuwon

Oh wait......I miss those days :(

19. rocketseagles07

stop.

Lin
    Lamb
    Parsons
    D-Mo
    Asik.... this is after we are in every trade rumor during the deadline and nothing gets done.... again. I think we win 25-30 games and get a lottery pick. As far as d-mo's "measurements" that doesn't matter. He's not a center and his strength will not be defense.

20. Rocket_4_Life

Rocket_4_Life Member

Never said his strength would be defense, and he's currently being pegged as the backup to Asik by several sporting sites. Doesn't mean it will happen, but it's a legitimate possibility. If you have a 7ft+ big who can dominate in the post and pull down rebounds, you definitely have to consider him as backup C assuming he can add weight/strength and play average D; especially when you have 6+ PFs (several of whom are very talented) vying for playing time.

Additionally, Morey has said (something like) the league is moving to faster non-traditional 5's, and that we would be doing the same.