1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including KD vs. Ant and the star-studded Clippers-Mavericks matchup

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Predict: 5-8 spot in the West

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by OTMax, Mar 3, 2016.

1. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

so you're saying . . . we're gonna win 5 games in a row to end the season?

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  2. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

It seems like we are destined to play the Spurs going through many different scenarios. I think, looking at the schedule, many thought that we would make it even if we lost 2 out of these 3 games (Cavs, Bulls, Thunder). I think we need to step back and relax even though the team suffered another horrible loss against the Bulls. They just need to win the last 5 no matter what. Find a damn way (Don't play Terry and/or Brewer). Winning against the Thunder on Sunday would give is one more cushion for error but if you don't beat the Thunder you have to run the table no matter what.

3. OTMax

OTMax Member

Lose to OKC and we are f-ed

4. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Not really because there is no way both Dallas and Utah finishes with more than 42 wins. Now if we lose to the Thunder and one of our last 5 games then we are very likely done.

5. OTMax

OTMax Member

Well that's more than likely going to happen. You see us winning 5 in a row? I don't. We couldn't even beat the Bulls without Rose.

6. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Only way is if Morley gets to JBB and tells him not to play Brewer and Jet so much if at all in favor of KJ and Goudelock.

7. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

I agree But if that was gonna happen it would have happened long ago. He stood by and watched this coach flush our season down the drain. The damage has already been done. JB does not think outside the box.

8. PolarBear

PolarBear Contributing Member

The Blazers are going to finish with at least 43 wins, and possibly 44 wins, and will beat out Memphis for the #5 seed. Your prediction for their 1-5 finish ain't happening without an injury to Lillard or Mccollum.

Blazers 40-36 with 6 games left (4 at home)

Apr 2 Miami 10:00 PM W
    Apr 3 @GS 8:00 PM L
    Apr 5 @Sac 10:00 PM W
    Apr 6 OKC 10:00 PM L
    Apr 9 Min 10:30 PM W
    Apr 13 Den 10:30 PM W

I don't believe the Rockets will go 5-1 over their last 6 games either, but even if they do they won't catch the Blazers.

Rockets 37-39 with 6 games left (4 at home). I think they go 4-2 to finish and hoist the Antonio Salieri 'Patron Saint of Mediocrity' trophy for finishing 41-41....as the #7 or #8 seed ahead of Dallas. They lose their 1st round pick, and get swept.

Apr 3 OKC L
    Apr 6 @ DAL L
    Apr 7 PHX W
    Apr 10 LAL W
    Apr 11 @ MIN W
    Apr 13 Sac W

FWIW - I think that we win a head-to-head tiebreaker against Utah. We spit the series 2-2, and I believe the next tiebreaker is western conference record (since we're in different divisions). So if we both finish 41-41, we get the #7 seed due to a better conference record.

9. PolarBear

PolarBear Contributing Member

CORRECTED: We couldn't even beat the Bulls AT HOME without Rose, JOAKIM NOAH & TAJ GIBSON.

10. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

I think folks are underestimating Sacramento, Minnesota, and the Kobe retirement factor for the LA game. I think we lose against OKC, toss-up with Dallas, and very good chance of losing against Sac and Minny. The only one I have virtually no nervousness about is Phoenix--which means we're gonna especially get killed in that game with a blowout loss. :grin:

and on edit: I think folks are OVERESTIMATING the Rockets. ;)

I don't know. I was optimistic yesterday. In hindsight I don't know what got hold of me. :rolleyes:

11. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

A Dallas win tonight should prove to everyone that we are obviously done for.

I'm going to let you in on a secret. I made 500 bucks betting on the Bulls yesterday. I threw down another $225 on the Mavs tonight at 3 to 1 odds so that will make me another $450. Just bet on the Mavs and Utah winning and the Rockets losing and you'll get rich quick.

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Karl says Cousins won't play on the road the rest of the season. Tank-A-Palooza.</p>&mdash; Ira Winderman (@IraHeatBeat) <a href="https://twitter.com/IraHeatBeat/status/716057899424833536">April 2, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Kings end the season here.

13. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

Lookie lookie. Rox beat OKC. ;)

14. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

look for the letdown next several games. :grin:

15. J.R.

J.R. Member

YOU GOTTA FIGHT
    FOR YOUR RIGHT
    TO BE SWEPT! :cool:

<iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/eBShN8qT4lk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

16. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

We still have to win on Wednesday or it's over.
    It appears Dallas has a tougher schedule but their toughest game after Wednesday will be the one @Utah. They play the Spurs and Clippers near the end when those two are playing for nothing. And they play Memphis who are broke.
    Houston will have a tough time @Minnesota, who may be playing for nothing but are playing hard.

We cannot fall 2 games behind Mavs. Wednesday is win or go home.

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

Memphis(41-36): vs. Chicago, @Dallas, vs. Golden State(B2B), @LA Clippers, @Golden State(B2B)
    5 games left
    2 home; 3 away
    3 playoff teams
    2 back to backs
    0-5 L5; 2-8 L10

Portland(41-37): @Sacramento, vs. Oklahoma City(B2B), vs. Minnesota, vs. Denver
    5 games left
    3 home; 2 away
    2 playoff teams
    1 back to back
    4-1 L5; 6-4 L10

Dallas(39-38): vs. Houston, vs. Memphis, @LA Clippers, @Utah(B2B), vs. San Antonio
    5 games left
    3 home; 2 away
    5 playoff teams
    1 back to back
    4-1 L5; 5-5 L10

Utah(39-38): vs. San Antonio, vs. LA Clippers, @Denver, vs. Dallas(B2B), @LA Lakers
    5 games left
    3 home; 2 away
    3 playoff teams
    1 back to back
    4-1 L5; 7-3 L10

Houston(38-39): @Dallas, vs. Phoenix(B2B), vs. LA Lakers, @Minnesota(B2B), vs. Sacramento
    5 games left
    3 home; 2 away
    1 playoff team
    2 back to backs
    3-2 L5; 4-6 L10

#177 J.R., Apr 3, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2016
  18. OTMax

OTMax Member

Rockets have easiest schedule and preferably, not just for the Rockets but for the series it would be great if it ends up with:

Warriors - Jazz --> Jazz have best chance to make it a competitive series
    Spurs - Grizzlies --> history
    Thunder - Rockets --> Harden vd. old team, 2013 rematch and best chance for competitive series
    Clippers - Blazers --> would be a nice battle

19. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Luckily their game with Portland is in Sactown, so Cousins will presumably play in that one. We need the Blazers to lose at least 3 more to have a shot at catching them.

20. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Not worried about the Dallas game. Just play the Mavs killer, Josh Smith.