1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Pre Existing Conditions Speaks To All Americans

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by pgabriel, Oct 30, 2020.

1. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

He wasn't in the temple. Everbody believed in Gods but wasn't adminstering to poor Greeks

I don't have time for your fantasy movie **** or just lack of understanding

2. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

You saw the bat signal but still didn't answer

My bad from expecting more

3. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

#123 London'sBurning, Oct 30, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2020
  4. Buck Turgidson

I'm just going to say this right now, and I'd love for a GOP response:

I pay money. I've paid a lot of money taxwise.

Why does the GOP try and actively **** over people?

Now I'm not supposed to be covered for several different things that I've had coverage for for the past decade? Unless I pony up some more cash...that's coming after the New Year, according to the correspondence.

Because Trump says he has a better plan. The same "better plan" that he and McConnell have had 4 ****ing years to implement. Yet they have nothing. Because they want nothing. He just keeps saying the same thing to placate the masses.

And @pgabriel and others think this is just A-OK?

5. Buck Turgidson

I love this. So much.

6. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

For the umpteenth ****ing time

You been on several pages in here

Go back and quote me against the ACA

if you dont have **** to say cause its not rhere then stfu

7. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

are you saying it was voodoo medicine and not real?

Hippocrates introduced numerous medical terms universally used by physicians, including symptom,
    diagnosis, therapy, trauma and sepsis.

In addition, he described a great number of diseases without superstition. Their names are still used in modern medicine, for instance diabetes, gastritis, enteritis, arthritis, cancer, eclampsia, coma, paralysis, mania, panic, hysteria, epilepsy and many others.
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4263393/
    As for clinics, availability and costs to poor:

Every Greek city had not only one or more public medical men in the municipal service, whose duty it was to visit the sick in the city and suburbs, but there was also a large dispensary, iatrium, where the practitioner, aided by his pupils, held consultations, performed operations and distributed the needful medicines. Beds were reserved for patients who could not be removed, or for very serious cases. The rich being able to be cared for at home, those who needed the aid of the public dispensary were the poor. Yet in the state of society at that period, the isolated poor, those without patron and without brothers, as the phrase went, meaning those who were not members of a society having a mutual benefit fund, were not numerous. But what poor there were, we are assured by historians, were faithfully attended to in accordance with the precept of Hippocrates. Inscriptions show that it was an obligation that was gracefully and generously fulfilled.

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/article-abstract/187998

malakas likes this.
  8. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

You should watch your language. It is not a good look for you.

9. Buck Turgidson

So basically you don't want to actually converse with anyone, you just want to be a belligerent ******* with an axe to grind.

It's cool, I've been that guy before, we all have, but you should maybe chill and step back and stop it for a while.

Mellow out a bit.

AleksandarN and arkoe like this.
  10. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Read that very carefully

It says there weren't many poor.

Im gonna help you understand why

THEY WERE ALREADY DEAD

Those were students they needed as many bodies as they could go through

11. heypartner

so, you read that carefully, right? Would you call that Fake Medicine, like you did to @malakas?

They even had diagnosis and treatment for your Diabetes.

malakas likes this.
  12. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

You're arguing with **** **** i didn't say

Nobody has time for that ****. Instead of acknowledging your mistakes you continue to be an arrogant jerk

As belligerent as i am when im clearly proven wrong i acknowledge it or stfu

Nobody taught you **** about class and you would be the first to preach

13. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I would call it early med school just like did previously

What was the Greek life expectancy in 1000 BC? TIA

14. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Last post from me because apparently if people continue to argue with you they are dubbed dick riders....

As I said all services including security and government itself cannot exist without people willing to do the job. Same as healthcare. If you say there is no healthcare to provide without doctors I could say there is no government to provide security without government employees.

15. heypartner

med schools today have the best hosptals and clinics????

Here's a description of doctors making a living in their own practice ... a Greek Talent is significant cash
    (According to wage rates from 377 BC, a talent was the value of nine man-years of skilled work.)

The typical physician in the classical period was like an itinerant craftsman (Edelstein (1987) [1967], pp. 87ff). He travelled from city-state to city-state and offered his services (just like the sophists, who appear in the fifth century as itinerant men of higher education and taught various subjects, most famously perhaps methods of persuasion). The physician received his training through apprenticeship, which he may have had to pay for. A few became personal physicians of powerful men. Finally, some cities paid a physician to be their “public physician”.

Particularly famous is the career of the sixth century physician Demokedes: troubled with a harsh-tempered father at Croton, with whom he was unable to live, he left and went to Aegina. Settled there he excelled over all the other physicians. In his second year, the Aigenetans paid him a talent to be their public physician; in the next the Athenians hired him for a hundred minae; and Polycrates (tyrant in Samos) in the next again for two talents. While serving under Polykrates, he was captured and enslaved by the Persians, and later came to be used by the Emperor Dareios as his body physician. He managed to escape from the Persians and returned to Croton, but had to leave again towards the end of his life because of political difficulties (Herodotos III: 125-131). In other words, Demokedes experienced all three ways of earning a living mentioned above, as well as being enslaved.

Demokedes was of course exceptional. Some additional wealthy physicians are known (CohnHaft, 1956, p. 20 with n. 58) but we have very little information about what the income of an average physician would have been.​

http://www.24grammata.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/health-in-ancient-geece-24grammata.com_7.pdf

malakas likes this.
  16. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

People are dick riders when a they all do is insult. i haven't called HP a dick rider. Dont mistake it.. Answer me this. Do people come in here just to insult?

Get it straight bro. I love arguing and
    i respond to insults as deserved

Government can exist without medicine.
    It won't exist without muscle Why listen to a king who has no muscle

Legit government or mafia is about muscle

Name one legitimate government in the entire history of the world that couldn't protect its people

Political Science 1 0 God Damn 1

17. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

About 35 years. Unfortunately most died due to pre existing conditions not being covered by Athens Blue Cross Blue Shield

18. Nook

Nook Member

[​IMG]

19. malakas

malakas Member

what that has to do with free healthcare?
    There was FREE healthcare for everyone even slaves back then.

And yet you dont think you deserve it.

Now that I read up more information on the subject I couldn't help my LMAO with this detail
    They VOTED for their doctors in elections.
    LMAO

Amiga likes this.
  20. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

So they made a lot of money? We agree right?