1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Prayers Please

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Jared Novak, Jul 20, 2008.

Tags:
  1. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Hope everything becomes better for your mother and moes granddaddy.

2. Lady_Di

Lady_Di Contributing Member

Prayers sent.

I know how important moms are.

Wishing your mother a speedy recovery.

3. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

Thoughts out to you and your family. I hope everything turns up well for your mother.

4. whoisray

whoisray Contributing Member

Hoping for the best for your mother and your family!

5. TMac640

TMac640 Contributing Member

As someone who's father's final cause of death not even 4 months ago was pneumonia + a blood infection after open heart surgery, I can only tell you I understand what you're feeling without any doubt.

I don't believe too much in prayer as I'm not very religious, but I really do wish the best for your mom. Houston's a fantastic place for giving someone a fighting chance with the doctors we have here. Please keep us informed bro.

6. jasonemilio

jasonemilio Member

The thought of losing one of your parents is always a unimaginably scary one.

I usually don't pray too much these days, but I'll try my best to remember to pray for your mom and moe's grandpops too.

Meanwhile, you gotta be strong yourself and just hope for the best.

Best wishes man.

7. Yonkers

Yonkers Contributing Member

My dad had a cardiac catherization done just Friday. I didn't find out until he was on the drive to the doctor. Freaked me out.
    I hope everything is okay with your mom. I hate being at the age where I have to start worrying about this.

8. dsnow23

dsnow23 Contributing Member

Best wishes. Hope your mom's okay. Went through a similar situation with my father not too long ago.

9. Jared Novak

Jared Novak Contributing Member

Thank you very much to everyone for the kind thoughts and prayers.

The update to my mother's situation is a good one. While she is still on medication (lots of it) her vitals are looking good. Her CVP is up, her blood pressure is holding steady as is her heart rate. My family and I are very encouraged by the progress she has made between yesterday and today. She isn't out of the woods yet, but if we can continue to say that she's doing better today than yesterday, we're making progress.

My wife's grandfather is also in the hospital for a heart attack he suffered last Thursday, so we've been driving back and forth between hospitals. I'm glad to say he will not require open heart surgery, just a catheterization to install some stints and he'll be getting a pacemaker.

I've done a lot of praying and truly believe that my mother is going to make a full recovery from this illness. If there is something positive to take from this experience, its the strength of family and friends that have called and shown up to support for my mother and the rest of my family. Again, I truly want to thank all of you from the bottom of my heart for the kind thoughts and prayers, they mean more than you can know.

Yonkers and moe, I will pray for your father and grandfather as well. My best wishes to both of you and your families. Hopefully in the near future we can all post on here that everything turned out great for all of us.

10. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

very glad to hear that.

Thanks to all who responded to my post as well.

11. Riz

Riz Contributing Member

Hope she continues to progress!

Prayers to your mom and moe's grandpa and prayers to both of your friends and family.

12. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Jared - I am happy our Mother is feeling better
    She and you will be in my prayers

My mother was in the hospital for 3 months with Pnuemonia
    so I know it ain't no joke. I pray her recovery is quick and full.

Keep your head up and ya faith strong

Rocket River