1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Pray for Sengun

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by eurobasket23, Mar 10, 2023.

1. HardenReturns

HardenReturns Member

Alpi descended from Heaven with Total Religion v2.0 under his arm. All hail Sengun.

Ancient Moabite likes this.
  2. HardenReturns

HardenReturns Member

Sooo what? He's God.

Roomba likes this.
  3. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

This 100%

cml750 likes this.
  4. Ernie The Giant Chicken

Just joined the forum and what a somewhat odd thread to read already lol. Sengun is a very good player and I hope he is here for a long time, but I do not get the worship if you will that some have for him.He needs to work on the defensive part of his game for one thing if he wants to really be considered elite.

And sorry if I missed an introduction thread?Anyway, I have been a Rockets fan since the early 2000's, born and raised in NC, work in education, and might as well go ahead and say it now...am a Jags fan lol. I promise you though I am not a trash talker so no worries on that score when the NFL starts up again lol.

Thanks.

5. HardenReturns

HardenReturns Member

If you see this picture and think this is "a Pope", you suck at Christianity on multiple levels. :D

albuster and AroundTheWorld like this.
  6. clos4life

clos4life Member

F THE JAGS!

...j/k. Welcome to the board.

PS: Sengun is on the MVP path. ;)

7. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Well usually there's two sides to a player one rooting (only fans, Rockets fans) vs one against (haters, only fans, faux Rockets fans)

There are a few big threads on the respective fan group. The Smith is one when he got drafted. Folks are divided one in the camp where folks are liking what they see and are blaming kpj for his struggles While others are calling him bust. Surprisingly this thread isn't as heated since folks have the bar of expectation not that high.

The green threads have like threads labeled as chapters, where it's literally a few haters shtting on green ranging from his looks, masculinity, and potential bust vs Rockets fans/green. The ones shtting on green are basically kpj stans/folks pining for mobley. This threads were pretty contested last season but has died down. There's a few anti green folks but they aren't as active.

Sengun there's a sht ton of threads, the main one proclaiming him the franchise player. Right now it's those that like sengun and praise the ground he walks/can't say anything negative (sengun only fans), the ones who like sengun (some Rockets fans), and the ones who want him gone (anti sengun fans/kpj stans and some Rockets fans). Right now it's heated bc the sengun only fans are wild with accusation of racism, silias discrimination, etc. Sengun only fans are delusional and makes a lot of Folks quite heated.

Kpj proclaims him the head honcho and has a thread wondering why he is the scapegoat. There's a few faction for him. Those that love him and thing he's the best player (kpj stans/Mobley folks), those that want him gone bc of his past behaviors (anti kpj folks) and those want him demote or off the pg position (Rockets fans). Kpj stans are literally blaming everybody for us sucking while refusing to admit he's not the one at pg. A lot of hypocrites

There's a sht ton of anti silas thread. Folks are consistent on this.

There's a harden return thread where folks are divided between wanting him back to save us vs the ones still bitter from the break up.

There's appreciation threads where we remember the players who offered their service to our franchise. There's some troll ones that mock the bad players.

The game threads are quite dead since we been losing, folks spam memes and the haters use it as a chance to rag on green/sengun or whoever is struggling. All in all the Rockets forum is the most active, I think.

Dobbizzle likes this.
  8. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Pray for Brandon Miller or Scoot

9. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Why not pray for victor?

10. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Cause god is sending him to the spurs like he did with Tim Duncan

11. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

Why do people have to tie their entire personalities to a singular opinion? Nowadays I don't have to read the posts anymore. I just look at the name and go "oh this is gonna be a post slobbering on Sengun", "this is gonna be a post hating on Sengun/KPJ/Silas/whatever", "this is gonna be unintelligible rambling". Like maybe try talking about something else once in a while. This isn't Saturday night live, you don't have to play a character. These players don't have to be either gods or bums. It's called nuance.

12. maj21

maj21 Member

I’m a huge fan of his?

13. eurobasket23

eurobasket23 Member

no you are just mf dumb

HardenReturns likes this.
  14. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Donna Reed broken. records.gif

HardenReturns likes this.
  15. 34to11

34to11 Member

Welcome.

16. 34to11

34to11 Member

Doubt you'd ever be able to convince Indy to do such a deal straight up.

17. 34to11

34to11 Member

I'd argue the inverse of your allusion is far more accurate.

18. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

not sure your level-headed approach is gonna cut it during this Era of Perpetual Crisis™

34to11 likes this.
  19. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Indiana would jump all over that. Short term Turner would be better for the Rockets if he can stay on the court. Sengun looks like an iron man to me and he has improved in all aspects of the game from year 1 to 2. He still has a lot to work on, but the Rockets have lots of time before they are contenders even if they sign Harden.

Mathloom likes this.
  20. 34to11

34to11 Member

Not likely.
    The glaring holes in Şengün's game don't really align with what the Pacers are trying to build. Hell, they just recently traded away a superior version of him for talent that better fit their rebuild.

You may also want to check out Carlisle's history with young players and defensively challenged bigs.

maj21 likes this.