1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Pray for Craig Ackerman today

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by basketballholic, Mar 27, 2013.

1. MD_in_Training

Condolences to the Ackerman family...

2. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Tragic,prayers out to him and his family.

3. vator

vator Contributing Member

No words...just a horrible horrible tragedy. Both parents at once.

Condolences

4. Houston288South

Prayers to Craig and his family.

5. Roxs-Redemption

My thoughts and prayers goes to the Ackerman family. #RIP :(

6. nitron

nitron Member

Condolences to the Ackerman family...........:(

7. otisthorpe3

otisthorpe3 Member

Condolences to the Ackerman family

8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

This is awful, may they RIP, and prayers that Craig gets through the tough times ahead.

DD

9. Geronimo

Geronimo Member

Damn, that's awful news, my condolences to Ackerman and the rest of his family. It's news like this that reminds us, as emotional as we are when to comes to our Rockets or sports in general, as much we bicker or argue about sports, at the end of the day, it's still only a game, and it's tragic events like these are what's really important in life.

1 person likes this.
  10. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

craig sometimes will talk about his days in hs, you can tell he had a good childhood. he always speaks fondly of it.

11. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

I didn't see this thread and heard the news from a friend last night when I was wondering why Ackerman wasn't calling the game.

just an awful tragedy for such a great up & coming announcer and great guy altogether.

I remember when he was being groomed to be Gene Peterson's replacement in Jim and Gene's final year calling games, running into him and Gene in the stands- he was studying GP and watching and admiring fans come up to Gene to greet him. he knows the greatness and the position he is in as far as Houston sports radio.

I grew up on Rockets radio and still always listen to the radio calls on my mobile app when I am driving.

condolences to the grieving Ackerman, I can't imagine what he is going through right now. has the team released any statement?

12. H-TOWN

H-TOWN Contributing Member

This is terrible news. I can't even imagine what he is going through. Its going to take a whole lot of support from everyone he knows to get through this. My prayers are with him and his family.

13. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

14. MONON

MONON Member

Just saw this. My family's prayers go out to Craig and his family. This especially hits our family hard. Our youngest son is out for Easter week end. He's 37 & my wife & I are 66. There'll be at least one big group hug this week end!

15. rocketshopeful

heard him on the pregame today on 790. Mad respect for this guy. When the rockets game are actually on TV (a rarity), ill turn the volume down and listen to him going forward.

Hope we get a win tonight as even if it has a chance of making him feel happy for a split second, itll be well worth it.

again, condolences CA, and amazing respect for doing the game today.

16. across110thstreet

great idea. I just got tired of the Clippers announcers and synced up the Houston audio.

welcome back, Craig...

17. NotApollo33

NotApollo33 Member

God bless you Craig.

18. across110thstreet

listening to the end of the game was inspirational. Craig thanked Joel Blank in the studio and all of Red Nation for the support he has received in the last week.

Joel mentioned how professional Craig was for coming back so soon and Craig said he thought about it and wouldn't have it any other way. he said his mom was his biggest fan and would have wanted him to call tonight's game. Joel said he was the good luck charm and Craig dedicated the win to his parents.

very emotional and inspiring to hear him talk about it so openly.

I wish peace and comfort upon him and his sister whom he also mentioned on air.

19. rocketshopeful

thats awesome (and sad). I am going to listen to that dude every chance i get.

20. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

i know it doesn't mean much but i'm glad he came back to a win

1 person likes this.