1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

PPat on the trading block?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rjr, Dec 10, 2011.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

True, but with this trade and signing we are not a contender either.

DD

2. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

martin or patterson? id prefer martin. its all worth it if we can get nene + gasol.

3. acjeitherocket

this is fukin insane...we should be getting something from N.O as is

4. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

The question is are the Rockets closer. I think they are. You probably disagree. At worst, Gasol is a better player and would be more likely to get a better pick than Scola and Martin could combined would.

5. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

I'd rather have Patterson than Nene. He was awesome last year, a rookie! Throw in Hill or Thabeet if it's still not enough. Patterson is off limits for anyone not named Dwight Howard.

6. OpportunityCost

Was for this trade at first, but not if we have to add Patterson or any other young talent.

7. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Now we are posting tweets from Ingram. My terrier has more inside info.

1 person likes this.
  8. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Lets see where the final chips fall. I feel the Pau trade, assuming it happens, isnt the end of it.

As far as revolving doors and Morey being trusted, I dont see that trust necessarily means you keep a .500 together. While we have(had?) some talent to develop. It wasnt the kind that would push us into a top 4 seed in the foreseeable future. The fans should know this and so should the players. Lets not pretend that everyones head had been buried in the sand. The writing has been on the wall for a while now. Build up assets, then blockbuster them away to get a star. How is this a surprise to anyone? Yes, Pau wasnt on anyones radar, but I think it became self evident that CP3 and Dwight were not coming here. Not with what we had to offer.

So not now, we are trading away/letting go/not resigning a lot of fav Rockets. What some are overlooking is creating cap space gives us immediate other options. And moving contracts is the only way to do this.

The trade itself, by itself, doesnt look so great, I admit. But if the cap space it creates nets us the right piece(s), then suddenly it will make sense to everyone.

9. tzou88

tzou88 Member

stop saying its for gasol AND nene, there's no guarantee we're getting nene

10. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

I think morey has become like two face in the dark knight, driven over the edge by the joker aka david stern.

11. bpbkforlife

bpbkforlife Member

I was down with the trade but adding Patterson, Hell naw D.M must be hitting that crack pipe

12. The CDN Dream

The CDN Dream Member

Martin Scola Dragic First Patterson should be for Dwight.. if he aint wanna stay then do a sign and trade for lopez... boom

13. BMoney

BMoney Member

The core was McGrady and Yao. Let's see how any team does if two max contracts go lame in the primes of their career. Let's see how Portland recovers. Hell, Oden has never been on a max contract.

14. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

Look at it this way, why the hell Chris Paul deserved that many players throwing at New Orlean? I thought Scola + Martin should be enough....but then they added Odom and Dragic and 1st round picks....ridiculous. We shouldn't be the one giving up 1st round picks....they Lakers should give them picks.

15. greatpacha1

greatpacha1 Member

F NO!! We better not give up patterson....my heart will break...

16. Garner

Garner Member

Patsquatch is the only person I have irrational attachment to.

17. lunaticrocket

lunaticrocket Rookie

This is why this veto was so ridiculous...

The problem is that now we HAVE to do the trade. Lakers do not have that much pressure, so they expect us to throw pieces...

But max I would give would be Jordan Hill, assuming we get Nene. And even that is too much.

18. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

No one even has clear details of the trade. What makes you sure Patterson is in the deal? Ya'll are stressing out waiting for the trade. And stop acting like Scola and Martin are hall of famers. At least wait for the trade to become official, then react to it.

19. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

honestly I've been all for that trade, but giving up Scola, Martin, Dragic and Pat for just Pau in return...?!?!?! I think it's too much.

20. Vnilla_Gorilla

Funny how often people overreact to rumors around here...