1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Power Forwards to help the Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BEXCELANT, May 7, 2007.

1. BEXCELANT

BEXCELANT Member

If I were going to upgrade the Rockets, I would find some way to move Juwan Howard and his contract out. A buyout isn't out of the question to clear salary space.

Then I'd get a big banging rebounding machine who can box out, set screens and score. Scoring isn't even as big a deal as the ability to rebound. If we can get that guy, it would force opposing defenses to pay attention to our Power Forward which would free Yao to be more creative and take the double team off him.

Power Forwards to Look at and this includes centers we could turn into Power Forwards are:

(Note some of these guys are way out of our price range)
    David Lee - No way the Knicks get rid of him. He has Curry's back. Nice to dream though.
    Zach Randolph - Rebounding Machine
    Pau Gasol - Wants out of Memphis - Twin Towers Houston? Wow! Again outta our price range.
    Jermaine O'Neal - Indiana is set to make a blockbuster trade
    Josh Smith - Fantasy Stats Leader from the Hawks - This guys is awesome. He comes to play every night.
    David West Hornets Rebounding Leader
    Nick Collison - Very good Athlete - Not a great center but he'd make a great Power Forward.
    Antoine Jamison - Yes he'd help out on the low block
    Chris Wilcox - Very gifted athlete. Erratic scoring but he'll give you 8 rebounds a game.
    Nene Hilario - Good Center can play the PF position. He'd be great as a twin towers player.
    Reggie Evans - Erratic Scorer but rebounding machine. Avg's 7 rebounds a game on 17.1 minutes of playing time. Better size and ability than Hayes.
    Okur- He's big enough and fast enough to play Power Forward.
    Blount - Center who could probably play the Power Forward position.
    Mikki Moore - Ok, I'm really impressed with this guy. He can jump, he has pretty good size and lateral speed. He'd be a good PF too.

2. Melo

Melo Member

i think we can forget about that :p

3. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

i'd love to get NENE..

4. BEXCELANT

BEXCELANT Member

oh and I really like Sean May from Charlotte too. He'll give you 7 rebounds a game and score about 11 pts. He's big and a great athlete. Although it'd be like pulling teeth to get him away from them.

5. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Buying out a player does nothing in terms of clearing salary space. Buying out a player simply means you still pay the player but you open up a roster spot.

6. tested911

tested911 Member

Um can you narrow it down to actual players we can get?

7. BEXCELANT

BEXCELANT Member

LOL I'll leave that up to you guys who are actually going to count salaries and probabilities of it even happening. I just put out a few possibilities.

8. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Most of these guys aren't possibilites is the point. you just created a list of PF's.

9. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

As I mentioned in another trade, Mark Blount is definitely attainable. He's got 3 yrs, and ~ $21 million left, so Minny's desperate to unload him and his contract. So he'd basically be a throw-in for the Howard/Sura/Lucas for Mark Blount/Mike James deal.n

Blount's not a great rebounder, but he's more athetic than Howard, and can move over to center when Yao's on the bench. Versatile guy who's a good yin to Chuck Hayes' yang.

10. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

David Lee - Forget it, he is not avaliable.
    Zach Randolph - Another Bonzi, but it might be worth it.
    Pau Gasol - Can't afford him.
    Jermaine O'Neal - Can't afford him.
    Josh Smith - He's probably is the second best player on the Hawks, and you have to almost give our 3rd and 4th best player along with future draft picks. And he might be too expensive
    David West - Maybe
    Nick Collison - Not really what we need
    Antoine Jamison - Can't afford him
    Chris Wilcox - Maybe
    Nene Hilario - He'll stay put
    Reggie Evans - Likely
    Okur- He's under contract.
    Blount - Isn't he under contract, too.
    Mikki Moore - Hard to say.

11. BEXCELANT

BEXCELANT Member

Might be able to get Sheldon Williams from the Hawks. They sucked last year so they will be looking to make some trades. Sheldon Williams was putting up double doubles at the end of the season. This could be the guy we are looking for. 2007 Salary: $2,952,840

Season Averages PPG 5.5 | RPG 5.4 | BPG 0.5

Marvin Williams - Hawks another possibility. He was playing out of his gourd near the end and putting up big rebounding and scoring numbers. 2007 Salary: $4,174,800

PPG 13.1 | RPG 5.3 | APG 1.9

Troy Murphy - Indiana Pacers another good rebounder who's big. I don't like this guy though cause he's slow. Golden State definately got the better end of the trade. He's also too expensive 2007 Salary: $8,285,714

PPG 10.3 | RPG 6.1 | BPG 0.6

Ryan Gomes - Boston Celtics - He's young he's big he has all upside potential and had a breakout season with the Celts. The Celtics with one of the worst records in the NBA will surely be looking to make a deal. He'll give ya about 6-7 rebounds a game with the Rockets and he's big and fast. Will give double digit scoring. Plus he's cheap. 2007 Salary: $664,209

PPG 12.1 | RPG 5.6 | BPG 0.2

12. Sextuple Double

None of those guys are possibilities for us. The most likely guy on the market, Reggie Evans, is a 6'7" Chuck Hayes at best, not really our greatest of needs. Any PF who is long, quick, and a disruptive defender will suffice.

13. BEXCELANT

BEXCELANT Member

What about Fabio?

Walter Hermann

Height: 6-9
    Weight: 225 lbs. Age: 27
    Pos: F
    2007 Salary: $1,800,000 FANTASY

He's and interesting player putting up double figures and 6-8 rebounds a game

14. alex_jr

alex_jr Member

All things taken into account, I'd like Chris Wilcox or Mikki Moore.

I'd also be keen on Charlie Villanueva if he's healthy.

15. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Jamaal Magloire. FA. Averaged a double double before being sent to Portland. Tough. Hustles. Gets rebounds.

Getting a power forward that averages 6-8 rebounds a game does nothing for us.

16. BEXCELANT

BEXCELANT Member

I think Wilcox is the best and most probable of all the guys out there. Mikki more is on a playoff contending NJ Nets team. I doubt they will trade him. Plus what do we have that the Nets would want?

17. hooroo

hooroo Member

Herrmann has 3P range and is an excellent defender.

18. stq

stq Member

someone who can rebound, play tough post defense, do some shot blocking,
    and on the offensive end, he will need to have decent range, can knock down mid-range jumper with ease...

I can live with poor man's R.wallace, if there is one....

19. oldman

oldman Contributing Member

mcdyess: hits the mid range j ; can rebound and defend ;FA possibility for MLE
    magloire: same as above - jumpshot
    channing frye: might be expendable b/c of david lee

20. DOMINATOR

DOMINATOR Member

wilcox would be my realistic pick. put up big numbers when rashard lewis or ray allen was out.