1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Power Forward the Rockets missed out on!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, May 3, 2004.

Tags:
  1. TL

TL Member

is that spray-on hair?

2. thumbs

thumbs Member

Although I am not and will not second guess the Rockets for trading K.T., let me point out one factoid for the pro-K.T. camp: There is a PF over in San Antonio who is only 6'5" and he does pretty well for them -- and he doesn't have the bulk that 6'4" Charles Barkley had. In fact, some in S.A. argue that Malik Rose is the glue of their team.

Height was a disadvantage for K.T. but other factors (lack of passing, $$, etc.) were at work as well so let's leave this issue dead and buried.

3. Willis25

Willis25 Member

amen.... if he was still a rocket - you would all be complaining that he too suffered from DoesnotpasstoYao disease (actaully KT suffers from Doesnotpasstoanyone disease)

4. cptcrunch

cptcrunch Member

This post made me cry. The good ole days.

5. cptcrunch

cptcrunch Member

I liked the way otis thorpe played too. Snatching rebounds with one hand.

6. Tb-Cain

Tb-Cain Member

Calling the Rockets a lottery team is a little misleading, since the Rockets were only in the lottery in 1992 (finishing 1 game out), but were in the playoffs every year of the lottery prior and since until 2000. That's 1 in 16.

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

We should have kept KT no doubt, but if you are going to trade him, at least keep the player you trade him for...Posey anyone?

Essentially the Rockets got nothing for KT and THAT is a travesty.

DD

8. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Exactly

YES I am the President of the KT Fan Club

his work ethic and heart. . . yea . . that word again
    I can assure u at least 2 more wins over the lakers

our PF's got torched. . . REPEATEDLY
    no rotations . . . .

but alas . . he is doing well in Philly

Rocket River
    [you knew i was coming]

9. tinman

tinman Member
    Supporting Member

KT was a throwback player, he reminded me of Otis Thorpe.
    He worked hard, he didnt go out smoking or hang out with Jay Z at the superbowl or he didnt break his legs in a pickup game in detroit... He didnt shoot his exgirlfriend when she came over to his house.. he didnt date Kim Catrell

He has a problem with pets though.

10. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Agreed. I fully supported the KT for Posey trade as at the time we had Taylor and Griffin. It made sense.

The fact that our two starting forwards from last year, Posey and Griffin, are no longer on the team really hurts! Both were young with a lot of potential. That's like losing 4 1st round picks for nothing. Add in the fact Nachbar's production has been minimal...that is now 5 1st rounders that arent doing anything for this team. Thankfully Yao Ming improved enough this season to try to make up for the loss of Griffin and Posey.

This team needs to stockpile talents (deep bench, trade amunition), not give them away.

11. HillBoy

HillBoy Member

And the entire Rockets organization...

12. tinman

tinman Member
    Supporting Member

What if we had KT ?

This the Karl Malone camera view:
    [​IMG]