1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Pound it inside or get fancy

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by heypartner, Jan 1, 2007.

1. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

Since I think Head is the second coming of Cuttino Mobley. I would like to think of him as some fine wine to wash all down with. Not essential, but it makes the meal that much better.

2. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

Cuttino had a great first step, finished well around the basket, and had a mid-range game on occasion. He also had better handles and passing ability (in the halfcourt sets), I believe. Luther is only slightly better from 3 pt land. I don't see how he's the second coming.

3. Sextuple Double

If only the milk(Novak) was as effective as the Total Oats(Mutombo)

4. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

But thats what I have been calling for, since 2002 when we were about to have a lottery pick!!! Glad to know, heypartner, that you are also onboard.:p

5. Blue Beluga

Blue Beluga Member

Feed the post,
    Space the floor,
    Cut, drive, or spot up for a 2 or 3,
    My kind of basketball

I don't know about you guys, but when I play ball, I always like to be on the team that have a good post player that you can consistently dump the ball down to initiate your offense. He draws in the defense, finds the cutter and the open man, fights for the rebound, etc. He makes life so much easier for the rest of us.

6. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

when did Yao become meat and potatoes... he is pure rice or noodles and some sort of meat dish, say combination sweet and sour or steak and black bean....

I'd go with the chinese fundamentals all the time......

speaking of light and fluffy whats with constant mentions of your girl........ you got a complex or something?? or is she the one with the bball knowledge

7. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

And that's where you fail.

YOF's stink.

8. SmeggySmeg

clown,

is your issue with Yao or his fan's, please make sense?

who cares if YOFs suck, Yao will get the job done and vital to any rockets success....

9. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

A swing and a MISS.

lawl

nooobs...gotta love em.

:rolleyes:

Smeggiddy,

betta watch it m8..you'll be branded a racist with stuff like that. ;)

10. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

Mime,

I have no issue with Yao (love 'im) or his fans (they're cool too).

I have EVERY issue with people who care so much about Yao's individual performance that they don't care how the team does as long as Yao gets his. Those people suck. And "heypartner" made himself sound exactly like one of those people. No player comes before the team. I wouldn't care if Yao averaged 1.2 ppg and .7 rpg if we won games that way.

11. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

But the question remains - why would you accuse someone with a join date before May 2002 (the time we won the lottery for Yao) of being a YOF?

If Yao is special enough to turn someone who was previously a Rockets fan into a Yao-Only-Fan....wow.

12. SmeggySmeg

well then why make the comments you did then.....

heypee is one of the most hardcare rockets nutjobs around here.... this is a thread about basketball offensive strategy and what is primary option for the team to be successful..... apologies if that is too much for you

13. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

look

instead of messing around Ill spell it out

heypee (and others) want to pund it into YAo all the time simply because he is the biggest mismatch onthe court in EVERY GAME.
    You poun di tin, adn let him make the decision.
    Its the smartest tachtical move, every time

Yao has also cranked up his defensive presense, which gives us the toughest interior D in the legue

thats winning basketball

and that is what heypartner loves.
    it just so happens that both siides of the ball NEED Yao for us to have the advantage in every game.

period

14. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

You'll excuse me if I (unlike many of the elitist "veteran" posters here, apparently) don't notice a user's registration date before I notice the content of their post.

In fact, I didn't even notice his username until someone pointed it out... I've actually lurked on these boards for a while even before registering, and I do recognize heypartner. What he said still sounds stupid, but now I'm just confused why he said it.

I guess he just wasn't feeling very articulate when he made that post...

Anyways, to the topic at hand, it's debatable whether the Rockets are better with Yao or T-Mac as the first option IMO. But really, why does either one have to even be the "first option"? Why does either have to be the face of our franchise? Why do we have to explicitly look to either one game after game and play after play? Why can't we just go with whatever works on any given posession?

Anyways, the offense should still run through T-Mac, but that doesn't mean he should necessarily take most of our shots; it just means he should be our maestro. But if these past few games haven't just been fool's gold, and he's really returned to form, he should stay our go-to guy.

15. freemaniam

freemaniam 我是自由人

I think they get your point here but you picked the wrong guy to accuse of. You made yourself clear that you are a YOFH, not problem at all.

Talking about YOF-hater, where are you, Texas Stoke? Kinda miss this funny gentleman. :)

16. brantonli24

brantonli24 Member

Pound it inside for me. Yao is and will be the Rockets' 1st option on the court. T-Mac is for setting up Yao successfully and score when Yao is on a small cold streak. I like Yao going for the turnaround jumper much more than 'getting fancy', which in my mind involves picks, behind the back dribbles, and dangerous cross court passes. Simple and straight is the key for the Rockets, pound it inside, if doubled, pass out for the open three pointer.

17. Blue Beluga

Blue Beluga Member

Having problem with comprehension?
    Too big an ego to apologize?
    Still trying to mask the fact that you are a hater?

Put a lid on it before SamFisher and KingCheetah get a hold of you :p

18. ucansee2020

ucansee2020 Contributing Member

I'd say pound it inside to Yao for 3 quarters and then let T-mac take over in the 4th. That's the championship formula for the Lakers when they had Shaq and Kobe.

19. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I thought this thread was about heyparner's girl wanting to be double teamed by Yao and T-mac. Now the question is do they take her out to dinner first and does T-Mac pick up the check, or do they go to Yao's restaurant?

20. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

HP is a notorious YOF, frankly I just had to put him on ignore one day when he was b****ing about Falun Gong, it got to be too much.