1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Before the NBA playoffs resume Friday night, we're talking Rockets, including individual team awards. We're live NOW!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

[Potential QB] Jacoby Brissett

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Two Sandwiches, Oct 5, 2015.

1. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Most of you guys may not know who this kid is. I didn't know much about him until recently, to be honest. He's starting to catch some scouts' eyes.

Jacoby Brissett, he's a quarterback from NC State. He transferred from Florida under Muschamp and then sat a year. This year, he's putting up some good stats, albeit not against great competition so far.

He's got good size at 6'4, 235. He's got a great arm, but actually does show touch (ahem, Mallett). He can move within the pocket and make throws on the run. Shows good footwork. Can run if he needs to. He takes snaps under center.

He's been inconsistent, though. Because of that, some may consider him a project. I think he's got the tools. I'm curious to keep an eye on him as the season progresses. Could be a second day pick at this point.

Honestly, I don't know as much as I should about him, but watching a little video on him, he intrigues me. Keep your eye on him. I feel like this is the guy that some people think Cardale Jones is.

Also, in before Harden2Capela, et. all:rolleyes:

#1 Two Sandwiches, Oct 5, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2015
  2. Ericstocracy

Ericstocracy Member

From the limited knowledge I have of him, He seems at best to be a mid round project.

With the status of this team, You need a rookie QB that is going to come in and start or at least compete with Savage to start.

The Texans simply can't afford to go with another project. They must fix the QB position next year or the entire FO and Coaching staff will/should be gone.

3. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Never heard of him but bring him in. Hell nothing can be worse than the trash we throw out at qb Sunday after Sunday

4. Harden2Capela

Harden2Capela Member

todd mchshay is high on him

but mr mcnair wont draft him

5. awc713

awc713 Member

name is close enough to brisket, im sold

6. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

I agree completely. If we're drafting a QB, we don't have the luxury of developing a project. It has to be a guy who can come in and at least compete right away.

Brissett has proven to be efficient, but he definitely lacks the wow factor and it doesn't seem to have been asked to carry a team very much. The vast majority of his games he's hovered around 200 yards or below. Really only one or two standout game against legit competition in his career so far.

7. ballplayer

ballplayer Contributing Member

Looks like a interesting prospect. Not first round material though. This team needs to take a chance on a top level talent @ QB.

8. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I think when its said and done at the ene of the year, he'll be a day one or two pick. Probably the third or fourth QB off the board.

9. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

I too read his name as brisket. Maybe we got something here...

10. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

We need first round talent.

11. edwardc

edwardc Member

So far a lot of the mocks have Texans taking Christian Hackenberg out of penn state .

12. Major

Major Member

Not too surprising. Fits the mold of Mallett and Hoyer. Mediocre QB, but BOB has coached him in the past, so that's all that matters.

13. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Are there really mock drafts 4 games into the season?

14. Cannonball

There were 2016 mock drafts before the 2015 draft even happened. There are 2017 mock drafts out there.

15. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

Yea, most of them are full of defensive players going in the first round .. I've seen a few that had Goff and Cook not even taken in the first .. I'm guessing we go D line in first and Hakenburg 2nd .

16. Cannonball

Most also have us picking 10th or later. I hadn't been looking at them before, but the ones I see are all over the map. Connor Cook. Cardale Jones. Hackenberg. Non QBs.

17. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

They change so much just even the last month , can't read much into a mock at this point

18. Nimo

Nimo Member

O'Brien is not likely to start a rookie QB; especially not a rookie he really doesn't personally like. No matter what the scouts say, they might end up with a TE, guard, or a DE (and force him to play LB).

19. Cannonball

Why? He started a true freshman at Penn State.

20. Nimo

Nimo Member

He didn't have much of a choice. All the QBs on the team were freshman except 1 sophomore who wasn't any good. It's not like he could call up Kevin Sumlin and try to make a trade.