1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Potential Harden Landing Spots

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by finsraider, Dec 3, 2020.

1. D-rock

D-rock Member

Both love to run, play fast and jump high on offense and are disruptors on defense.

And Wall is temporary anyway, hes already 30.

The real rebuild is around Simmons.

Rudyc281 and Boston84 like this.
  2. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Harden would prefer Hero’s girlfriend. Katya Henry.

Rudyc281, Boston84 and Vivi like this.
  3. D-rock

D-rock Member

Or play Simmons at 5 and Wood at 4 when Wall on the floor together.

When Wall out, he becomes the 1.

Corrosion and Boston84 like this.
  4. Boston84

Boston84 Member

yea that friend listens to the Bill Simmons podcast lol

the11mingdynasty, HP3 and D-rock like this.
  5. Boston84

Boston84 Member

I think I’d know the answer but if it was doomsday who would y’all value more herro or brown?

6. D-rock

D-rock Member

I have not heard that Lavine has a bad attitude or work ethic. The opposite actually, great attitude try hard player.

But his defense is subpar and he is turnover prone.

7. csnerd84

csnerd84 Member

True, but who cares as long as Heats are willing to gamble and we get young promising players in return. Jimmy might be able to convince their FO to take a chance in order to compete for championship.

8. icewill36

icewill36 Member

the jury is still out on james as being capable of being the best player on a championship team. personally i dont feel like he has ever had enough talent around him to fairly judge him as not being good enough. the rockets in the harden era have never had a roster you look at say, yea, this team should win it all this year.

hakeem94 and TEXNIFICENT like this.
  9. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Going to land on the unrestricted free agent list at this rate

10. Vivi

Vivi Member

Maybe, but i'm not a fan of experimenting things tbh, especially if there's no real upside there, i mean, Wall is about to be 30 and would still force Simmons to play offball most of the time, that means we would not build around and maximize the potential of our best player, not to mention it could make Simmons uncomfortable really quick so, i'm not a fan of that approach, i'd be fine with it if it's for a limited period while we find a trade for Wall, but long term, hell no, i don't even hate Wall as a player, but his contract is still trash and in that rebuilding scenario there's no place for him here imo.

D-rock and HP3 like this.
  11. Vivi

Vivi Member

I don't really love comparisons cause you can always find them wrong in some aspects, but i'm going to force myself in to it now.

Brown = Kawhi

Herro = Curry/Klay

...so, Brown.

DVauthrin, hakeem94, D-rock and 2 others like this.
  12. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Harden was the best player on a team that won 65 games and went up 3-2 on one of the greatest teams in NBA history before Paul’s hamstring gave out. That Rockets team was an absolute powerhouse that not only should have won in 2018 but could have won just about any year in modern history. Great teams don’t always win rings. Same with great players.

13. Vivi

Vivi Member

A guy i'm really intrigued with and i would love to trade for if the Rockets rebuild, is Alexander-Walker, he would also be a great fit with Simmons since he can also handle the ball and pass really well for a shooting guard, he played great in summer league last summer then got benched most of the season in NOLA cause they had the Lakers guys to play, now they got Bledsoe for Holiday so, i don't know if he's going to get the minutes he deserves this season, that's too much talent to waste.

14. An An

An An Member

Good point

D-rock likes this.
  15. tharges

tharges Member

Should consider Atlanta and some combination of Young and Collins for Harden and Tucker

16. Boston84

Boston84 Member

gotcha, I just meant not so much as comparison but valued more in a center piece if it got to that point and who you’d rather build around of the 2

D-rock and Vivi like this.
  17. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

Send his ass to Utah and let him rot

Corrosion likes this.
  18. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yeah my bad, i got what you were saying but for some reason i ended up putting more random stuff in the post lol.

Boston84 likes this.
  19. D-rock

D-rock Member

Either works WITH Simmons, but neither is BETTER than Simmons.

DVauthrin, Boston84 and Vivi like this.
  20. Vivi

Vivi Member

They should but i don't see the Hawks moving Trae, he's probably the only untouchable player they have...still, i'd be more then fine with a combination of Collins, Reddish, Okongwu, Huerter, Hunter, picks...they have some really good talent there.