1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Potential Harden Landing Spots

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by finsraider, Dec 3, 2020.

1. D-rock

D-rock Member

Well, agree to disagree.

Simmons is a young All Star already. Wiseman is young but not a modern 5 IMO.

Klay is too old and expensive for a rebuild. And hes not a #1 or even #2 on a championship team. Klay would be sweet next to Harden.

In 5 years, when Simmons or Wiseman/FRP in their prime, Klay is in decline.

I thought you had a 5 year rebuild plan.

2. finsraider

finsraider Member

i don’t even know if I keep Klay beyond next year. Let him get back into game shape, then ship him off to the highest bidder.

I’m not building the team around Klay. I’m building it around whatever assets he can get us a year from now.

3. Boston84

Boston84 Member

id have already done the brown deal. Thought Danny would by now too but I doubt it now. Don’t think he’s interested and I don’t think he’d wanna bring in harden mid season or after games are played. It’s too much of a change in play style.

don’t mean to sound preach at all, just don’t think bam will ever be on the table. Simmons will be and the focus has to be their. I agree herro centered package ain’t great but I think there’s a disconnect about what hardens value is right now vs what we all want it to be and will be. The sixers can take this risk, Brooklyn can but their package sucks.

he’s not showing up to camp to an organization that was loyal and stood by his every move and try to acquiesce to his every move. What’s he gonna do to a team on a 1 year deal where he doesn’t want to be? The optics matter here unfortunately. That’s why u move him now and hopefully to philly

D-rock likes this.
  4. D-rock

D-rock Member

Then I am certain I would rather have Simmons.

Rockets need to have a young All Star to build around in any Harden trade.

Fyreball and Boston84 like this.
  5. finsraider

finsraider Member

thats one route to go, and I don’t have a problem with it. Simmons can’t shoot, but that might be something we can work around.

But Wiseman, the Minny pick, Wood and whatever asset you get for Klay isn’t a bad way to do it. We would be terrible for 2-3 years then emerge armed with a ton of assets and prospects.

I’m sure Tillman prefers Simmons to the tank route, but there are merits to both. I see them as 1a and 1b.

6. Vivi

Vivi Member

I think the Warriors might offer a good package all things considered, definitely better then what Brooklyn can offer, Wiseman has star potential at least, the Wolves pick is interesting cause could very well be a lottery pick, and the Warriors future picks would be interesting too since they're old. Getting Klay might also not be bad, he built a great name for himself at this point, even when he comes back from bad injuries, i think you'll find teams interested, hell, teams literally just gave 15/20M per season to guys like Jerami Grant and Joe Harris, in fact i wouldn't be shocked if a potential deal breaker could be the Rockets asking for Klay while the Warriors want to put Wiggins in the package instead.

7. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Thompson+Wiseman+Minny 1st+2 future GSW picks is my preference.

Ming The King, joshuaao and RocketOrg like this.
  8. finsraider

finsraider Member

I’ve thought the same, but I have zero interest in Wiggins. He’s a negative asset as far as I’m concerned, and not the type of player you take back for James Harden. Wiseman + that pick isn’t enough.

Easy, Vivi and D-rock like this.
  9. D-rock

D-rock Member

Wiseman is not a modern 5 IMO.

I just cannot believe how desperate CF has become.

Fyreball and True Rocket like this.
  10. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

I know he is not a modern 5. Just like I know we are ******.

11. lionaire

lionaire Member

Turns out they both have COVID

D-rock likes this.
  12. D-rock

D-rock Member

Why take back a player who has no role on a Silas run team?

Its wasteful and unnecessary.

13. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Philly for Simmons

Or my dark horse team since harden loves the night life and lil baby lol

Atlanta
    Young and Collins

D-rock likes this.
  14. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

I know you would’ve done the Brown deal, and Ainge is notoriously stingy in trade discussions. I think he should be willing, but, like you, I doubt he will.

You aren’t coming across as preachy, and I agree that Miami likely won’t part with Bam. Why would they give up their young defensive anchor that was instrumental in getting their team to the finals for a player that forces them to completely adjust the way they play? It isn’t something they’ll feel compelled to do.

Philadelphia, on the other hand, knows Simmons and Embiid need two different types of teams around them to be successful, and Morey loves Harden from his days in Houston.

I completely agree with all of this. Philadelphia is the most logical trade partner for James Harden because they have the best young player that doesn’t fit next to their other star, and their president of basketball operations adores Harden.

mikol13 and Boston84 like this.
  15. Vivi

Vivi Member

I agree with you, but Wiseman, Wolves pick (high chance it's a lottery pick in the next draft which is a good one), plus future 1st from an old team like GS and maybe Klay (you can move him to a contender in the future), wouldn't be as bad as the Nets package, much better in fact, Wiseman and a lottery pick in the 2021 draft already beats by a huge margin what the Nets can offer, add other picks and what you'll get for Klay, and it might not be bad at all, especially if you're not getting anything better.

finsraider likes this.
  16. riko

riko Member

Best deal in an idealistic world would be Simmons but there are no indications that Morey has offerd him. Shams or Woj never reported it so I tend to believe he is not on the table. Plus Wall and Simmons is not exactly match made in heaven

17. Highlyrated

Highlyrated Member

He needs to fix his jumpshot otherwise he's another Westbrook

PeterKingX likes this.
  18. jayydela

jayydela Member

Send him to a city that has a 10 pm curfew

Highlyrated and Corrosion like this.
  19. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

I don’t mind we keep Harden for this season.

BamBam likes this.
  20. Highlyrated

Highlyrated Member

Harden for Murray ,porter Jr and picks,Murray is already a star ,porter Jr has star potential .This is the package with the highest upside.