1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Potential Harden Landing Spots

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by finsraider, Dec 3, 2020.

1. riko

riko Member

AD was 26 and the current mess has decreased Hardens value. We are not getting AD value back.

2. riko

riko Member

Curry and Harden is probably the most offensively gifted backcourt ever.

3. Loneyroy7

Loneyroy7 Member

They're the two players in the entire league with the most gravity...

Putting them on the court together would definitely be something crazy to watch.

#223 Loneyroy7, Dec 8, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2020
    riko likes this.
  4. riko

riko Member

Who are you going to double? Harden who now has the greatest shooter known to mankind to kick it out to or Curry who can kick it out to the best one one player known to man?This would make the warriors instant contenders in Curry and Hardens last few prime year’s

5. Loneyroy7

Loneyroy7 Member

And Kerr (as annoying as he is) is probably the one guy with his system to get Harden moving effectively off the ball as well. I know the majority here hate the Warriors, but from an objective stand point it would be one hell of an exciting team.

Os Trigonum and riko like this.
  6. elmotsang

elmotsang Member

I suggest Harden to join the best team, when he does not have any value, like joining other teams with vet minimum to get the champion like Howard, Rondo etc. His salary is too high, only some teams who wants to form big like warriors can satisfy his need. Tilman farming a big 3 with injuries players to save the money is just a gamble

7. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Bored. If Harden wants to stay, get here and let's go. If he wants to go, get gone. Here's an idea.

Rockets get:
    Andrew Wiggins
    James Wiseman
    Aaron Gordon
    Cole Anthony
    Unprotected Magic 2021 pick

Warriors get:
    Harden
    PJ
    Evan Fournier

Magic get:
    Eric Gordon
    Kelly Oubre
    Marquees Chriss
    2 future GS protected firsts

8. Grizzlyshark

Grizzlyshark Member

9. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

No to Klay!

10. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

No of course not. 65 wins is incredibly rare. But “before the season” is a caveat you added now. The bottom line is the roster turned out to be fantastic and both the team and Harden proved to be championship quality.

11. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

I would not be surprised if Rockets pull the trigger and trade Harden to the Warriors for Wiseman, Draymond and multiple future picks and swaps.

At least that trade is significantly better than the Nets trade. It seems like any talks with 76ers won't happen at all because of Tilman's grudge.

Warriors is probably best we can ask for since they are legitimately interested in trading for Harden, especially with Klay going down, they need Harden to help Curry win more rings. In a few years, those picks we get from them will be extremely valuable since we all know Curry is injury prone but they will let Curry retire a Warrior so that team will be very bad in a couple years down the line.

Also, I know people here absolutely hate Draymond (me as well) but I can't deny he'd be pretty good on our team. Wisemen will probably have to come off the bench tho.

12. clutchdabear

clutchdabear Member

donkey and wiseman aren't practicing because they both just caught covid.

as for a potential trade..i'm not impressed with wiseman at all. he is more like a brandan wright/ed davis/marvin bagley than a chris bosh. he tries to shoot from outside but he has bad mechanics and had a fg% of 20% outside the paint area in one of those aau tourneys... which is nowhere near the level of even ncaa ball. on top of that, his biggest question mark has always been his work ethic.

the only potential decent asset from gsw would be the minn (top3 protected i think?) 2021 pick.

i do agree with u that it is significantly better than the nets trade (which is more telling of how bad the nets package is than anything)

saleem likes this.
  13. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

14. Vivi

Vivi Member

Harden is better then Davis but Davis was 26 when he was traded, and he wanted the Lakers so, they were probably fine with paying a lot since they knew they were getting a player pretty much locked for like 8 years of prime, Harden is 31 and apparently wants to go to a specific team that can't trade anything great so, if a team not in his list wants him, they might be forced to think about him as a one/two years rental, and if that's the case, we might be forced to think about a Kawhi to Toronto kind of deal more than a Davis to LA deal, unfortunately, and even Kawhi, was still 28 when he got traded to the Raptors.

#234 Vivi, Dec 8, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2020
    clutchdabear and fchowd0311 like this.
  15. Vivi

Vivi Member

I also have no doubt the Warriors have interest in Harden, with the tax they're paying it makes sense since as they're today, they won't win ****, paying all that tax for a first/second round exit isn't exactly great obviously, if they can turn the bad salaries they have into Harden for two years, you better believe they would love it.

16. jch1911

jch1911 Member

https://tradenba.com/trades/C_6Z9rtRu

HOU - PHI - ORL - CHI
    PHI: Harden (HOU) + Tucker (HOU) + Clemons (HOU)
    ORL: E. Gordon (HOU) + House (HOU) + Scott (PHI) + POR 2021 FRP (via HOU) + PHI 2023 FRP
    CHI: PHI 2024 SRP
    HOU: Simmons (PHI) + A. Gordon (ORL) + Thybulle (PHI) + Milton (PHI) + Harrison (via S&T into 3.5M TPE - 3 years, $3.5M APY) + 2021 PHI FRP + 2025 PHI FRP + 2021 PHI SRP (via NYK) + 2023 PHI SRP

Sign Dedmon or Henson to VetMin

Starters: Wall - Thybulle - Simmons - A. Gordon - Wood
    Bench: Milton - Harrison - BMac - Brown - Nwaba - Tate - KMart Jr - Dedmon - Boogie - Caboclo

17. clutchdabear

clutchdabear Member

yea sadly it's not gonna be a similar situation to AD, given that the lakers were crap and stockpiled a ton of assets for years, and the one team AD wanted to go to actually had one of the best offers (and being a klutch agent).

however, i don't think it's gonna be as bad as the kawhi spurs scenario. it was no secret that kawhi wanted to go to one of the LA teams, and any team trading for him knew he was a risk to go to LA. with harden, i don't actually think he's hellbent only on brooklyn... it's what the media keeps pushing, almost to clown the rockets. i'm sure the reality is that harden is open to going to teams where he feels like he can really compete, like philly, boston, miami, lac, or gsw. he also has friends or obvious connections on those teams (morey in philly, butler in miami, steph in gsw, etc.) and wouldn't be as big of a flight risk as kawhi was. there's a good chance that if the rockets play this right, there could be a bidding war if certain teams that are supposed to be in contention this season become desperate.

also, i personally don't think the nets will be as good as they look on paper... kyrie is a headcase and injury prone and kd is coming off of an achilles. harden would be better off seeing how the nets actually perform before even deciding on brooklyn. if john wall is healthy and rockets somehow jump out of the gate blazing to start the season with or without harden, the whole script changes.

Vivi and jch1911 like this.
  18. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

19. J.R.

J.R. Member

Deuce, jch1911, Os Trigonum and 2 others like this.
  20. Nook

Nook Member

LMFAO is this a joke? The Rockets were never dealing Harden to the Warriors.

Deuce, DVauthrin and jch1911 like this.