1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Potential Harden Landing Spots

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by finsraider, Dec 3, 2020.

1. Boston84

Boston84 Member

agreed.

tiers for me
    Simmons
    Brown

herro

I think herro will be a high high level role player while Simmons is a superstar potential/all nba perennially and brown is perennial all star level

D-rock likes this.
  2. icewill36

icewill36 Member

before the season did you think rockets would win 65 games and be the 1 seed ?

no one picked the rockets, most didnt even think harden and cp3 would fit.....outside of that, there was nothing jaw dropping about the supporting cast. certainly nothing that you think would have any chance at all against the warriors with KD.

D-rock likes this.
  3. icewill36

icewill36 Member

hero has all-star potential. you must not watch the heat much. this kid has the "IT" factor for sure. insane amount of swag and confidence for a rookie.

fchowd0311 and TEXNIFICENT like this.
  4. D-rock

D-rock Member

No one has picked the Rockets to win 1st seed in any of Harden's seasons with Rockets.

Ever.

Rockets are underdogs every season.

5. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

Send Harden to the the nightlife capital of the world that is Oklahoma City.

Rockets get back, SGA, Dort (for the lol when facing Harden) + cap fillers. And all their accumulated picks including the ones from the cp3 trade.

6. Boston84

Boston84 Member

No I actually watched him drop 37 on us while we were playing in the conference finals- u must not have watched them? He has swag and confidence sure and he’s gonna be good but imo s9me players are closer to their ceiling than others and I don’t think herro is gonna make drastic leaps in his career.

I think he’s a very good player that’s closer to his ceiling than other young players- playing in the perfect enviroment. Btw swag doesn’t equate to being a star lol lots of players have “swag”

Denovo, Grizzlyshark and D-rock like this.
  7. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

What would be even better - is somehow getting back CP3 and Dwight Howard, haha, I'm really joking though, whereas your scenario if Tilman were gone...

Oh well, what about Ariza and some picks? 4th times a charm!!! joking about all of this.

JayZ750 likes this.
  8. icewill36

icewill36 Member

no they don't. very few players have a real swagger IMO. how is Miami a perfect environment ? they run it like a damn boot camp. if anything that would be harden on most young guys. for him to earn big minutes in crunch time in the playoffs says a lot about him and his potential. you are greatly underestimating this kid calling him a role player at best.

9. Boston84

Boston84 Member

he’s a kid whose maximized his potential by working hard (Miami encourages that and loves hard working coachable tough motivated players ) drafted by a coach and team who encourages their players to be extremely well conditioned (herro is) shoot first and have a green light (herro does) unwavering confidence (he does) he’s with a winning organization that empowers him (riley is a Kentucky guy) and a superstar in butler who is a great playmaker and facilitator (who also empowers a rookie)

I said a high high level role player big difference first of all, 2nd of all Miami is exactly the perfect enviroment for him because of everything I mentioned above and they have a winning mindset, put him on the kings or the Knicks there’d be a huge difference.

and btw a majority of the nba players have swag and an aura of confidence they’ve been the man at every level they have ever played at- it’s why so many of them aren’t coachable or have inflated egos.

#189 Boston84, Dec 7, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2020
  10. dfbreyes

dfbreyes Member

#190 dfbreyes, Dec 7, 2020
    deb4rockets likes this.
  11. PWR

PWR Member

I'm petty and sending Harden to the Knicks. They can have PJ and House too for their 2021 first round pick via Dallas. You wanted Brooklyn...well this is close enough. Stop kissing Harden's a**.

Give me Kevin Knox, Julius Randle, and 1st round picks for 2021, 2023, 2025, 2027. The 2021 pick (via Dallas) for PJ and House.

New Rockets (give young guys a shot)

Wall(Kentucky)/Jones/Grant
    Gordon/BMac/Brown
    Knox(Kentucky)/Nwaba/Green/Tate
    Randle(Kentucky)/Bruno/Martin
    Wood/Boogie(Kentucky)

Now I have secured my future with 11 first round picks from 2021 to 2027. I can build my team to fit our young coach and build a new culture the right way. Develop our young players since Silas says that's his specialty.

IBTL, abaker28 and deb4rockets like this.
  12. icewill36

icewill36 Member

he wasn't GIVEN a green light, he EARNED a green light. huge difference. lol @ thinking a rookie basically cant/wont get any better

13. Boston84

Boston84 Member

again, I said closer to his ceiling and some players do come in closer to their ceiling than others. Never said he can’t or wouldn’t get better. He will improve. He will get better but no I don’t think he’ll improve to the point where he’s an all star but he’ll be a very valuable piece of a good team. so if u quote me don’t twist my words.

I also said this under the premise of being compared to Simmons ( a legit all nba player) and brown a 2 way player who could have been an all star this year. So again, yes herro is a good player and will become a very good one and he will improve but yes he’s closer to his ceiling imo than either brown or Simmons.

that’s why I said tiers- and herro has had a green light his whole basketball career it’s what u label “swag” lol but what it is, is an unwavering confidence that the heat let him carry over without having to be worried about being pulled out of games and which empowered him. not all rookies get that on winning teams and with organizations which is why Miami was perfect for him. Great coach, great stability, hard working enviroment where he could maximize his rookie potential and to his credit he did.

#193 Boston84, Dec 7, 2020
  14. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Trade him to Philadelphia maybe Simmons can emerge into LeBron light...

15. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I can't wait until Harden's gone. We never won with him anyway. Get some other players who want to play here for that 38 million. I'm sick of hero ball anyway. Maybe he can be a one man show somewhere else and take the most shots in the league on another team. With Russ gone he'd just go back to that boring BS. Dribble, dribble, dribble on outta here. Fine with me.

jimmyv281 likes this.
  16. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Some place where there are huge door frames, so his ego and big head and fit and it should come with a baby rattle

KelvinCato13, Boston84, sammy and 2 others like this.
  17. clutchdabear

clutchdabear Member

harden wants a ring so only teams in contention can reasonably trade for harden and expect him to suit up

philly: simmons+filler(thybulle, maxey)+picks
    boston: jaylen brown+filler(marcus smart)+picks
    denver: jamal murray+filler(will barton, mpj)+picks
    portland: cj mccollum+filler(zach collins, nassir little)+picks
    clippers: pandemic p+any first rd pick they might have left
    milwaukee: khris middleton+filler(divincenzo)+picks

all of these deals kinda suck but i'd prefer philly, boston, denver, or portland. at least we get a little bit of star power back.
    hell no to the nets offer of a handful of nba replacement level players + picks.

18. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member

19. Rokman

Rokman Member

Dallas for Doncic and a Second Rounder

Corrosion likes this.
  20. VoR

VoR Member

Happy to trade him back to OKC. Show him who the Knicks of the West are.

Seriously, though, ship him to the Bulls for LaVine and picks. He has turned into a backstabber. The only person to blame for zero championships is him.