1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

POT LEGALIZED!!........in Breckenridge, Colorado

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by RoxSqaud, Nov 5, 2009.

1. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Its been mainstreaming for a while now, I think once legalized it just becomes another thing that most people enjoy and the few, the prude, the uptight will continue to think of it as evil for a while until eventually a few pastors want to toke up, so invent a few Bible verses to make the man upstairs cool with toking up.

2. Hmm

Hmm Member

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gDWROyuOi1E&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gDWROyuOi1E&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

3. LScolaDominates

Again, you're simply regurgitating the same lies that have been pushed for decades by the perpetrators of the drug war.

But I'm not going to convince you of your own ignorance, so I will ask you to produce evidence to support your claims.

4. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

It stays in your system for days, or you stay high for days?

I've never woken up high after smoking the night before...everything is pretty damn normal, actually.

5. LScolaDominates

THC does not stay in your system for days (at least not in significant quantites). Some of its metabolites (byproducts of metabolism) remain in your system, which is why you can test positive in a urine test up to a couple of weeks after use. Those metabolites are not psychoactive, though, so you don't stay "high".

6. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Evidence that is stays in your system? Are you serious?

7. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Is weed really worse than eating meat or dairy? I know your a vegetarian but I find it very questionable that meat and dairy, provided you aren't lactose intolerant, is harmful for you.

8. Bandwagoner

The main metabolite for THC is psychoactive. I never said you are high, I said you are under the influence.

9. Bandwagoner

Great sources of protein and vitamins.. Much meat can be had with very low amounts of fat.

I think his point was less harmful than pigging out due to heart disease. I cannot disagree with that. Take a guy give him healthy food but tons of weed, compared to another guy with no weed but McDonalds I fully expect weed guy to live longer. Compared to healthy food with coke/crack/meth/alcohol which would not live longer.

10. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

You do know those "old people" used to be the "hippies" you read about in your high school history class, right?

11. Bandwagoner

nevermind

12. Bandwagoner

It is possible but I seriously doubt it. It is so close to decriminalized now that not very many people care and it is not close to being accepted.

And just to be clear legal is a pipe dream, decriminalized is possible.

13. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

I'd be curious to hear your comment. My point is that many of the old folks that he thinks are in the way have been smoking pot since before he was born.

I was a daily user for 15 years from the age of 15-30. When I reached a point in life where my normal state was preferable to an altered state, I quit. Twenty years ago.

In the handful of occasions where I have indulged in that twenty years, I find I prefer my unaltered state.

While I would welcome the decriminalization/legalization of pot, I would have no desire to re-imbibe.

14. finalsbound

What's the difference between "high" and "under the influence?"

15. Bandwagoner

if it alters your behavior you are under the influence i would say.

16. RocketRaccoon

RocketRaccoon Contributing Member

LOL...asked by a true replicant! :cool:

17. finalsbound

So people who are "under the influence" are the daily users who have had a few too many brain cells killed? The guys in their 60s who say "yeah man" a lot (you know what I mean)? They people who are stoned out of their mind 24/7.

That makes sense to me. But as someone who hasn't been smoking for years and only does it once in awhile, I don't have any sustained "under the influence" effects. Being high alters my behavior. But then it leaves me in a few hours, and I'm stone sober and my behavior is normal.

Trying to make sure I understand you correctly.

18. RocketRaccoon

RocketRaccoon Contributing Member

Well damn, I'm not getting my moneys worth! :eek:

Seriously though, could my life be different if I had never smoked that sweet leaf? I guess. Can't see how it would've changed much though. All the major steps I took had nothing to do with how many joints I had in my cigarette pack.

But forget about this aspect of the plant.

Agriculturally, its a GOLD MINE! Wake up people.

19. Bandwagoner

Weed does not kill brain cells so I am not sure I follow you.

I am saying chronic users are having their behaviors modified by the drug more much longer than they are high. If you only smoke on weekends or something then I doubt it applies to you. If you think someone is stone sober after a few hours, google "weed nap"

20. cson

cson Contributing Member

Yup.

[​IMG]