1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Postmaster General...

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Ollie, Aug 20, 2001.

1. Ollie

Ollie Member

Anyone know how to keep them from sending you emails? I have been to their homepage 5 times and removed myself globally, but the next day I get emails from new list servs. AAARRRRGGHHH!

2. DEANBCURTIS

DEANBCURTIS Member

You're in trouble, Ollie. I shouldn't even be talking to you, but
    I'm telling you as a friend. Here's how it's going to happen: you may be
    walking. Maybe on a crisp, autumn day just like today. When a mail truck will
    slow beside you, and a door will open, and a mailman you know, maybe even
    trust, will offer to give you a lift.

3. PhiSlammaJamma

Dogs can sense pure evil. Think about it.

4. countingcrow

countingcrow Contributing Member

I am experiencing the same problems as you! I have repeatedly unsubscribed from these friggin idiots and no luck! Who is your e-mail provider?

5. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

I hear if you unsubscribe to one service, it makes you look responsive, thus other new services may send you their crap. It's a never ending cycle.

6. countingcrow

Ugghhh! I hate these damn idiots. Junk mail annoys me!

7. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

How do you subscribe?

I have a few people that might want to invollenterly get on this list ...

8. countingcrow

The funny thing is that I don't even know how they got my email address. Someone must not like me!

9. RichRocket

RichRocket Member

DBC: Newman! .... with a nod to "3 Days of the Condor."

10. countingcrow

Translate, please!

11. Mango

Mango Contributing Member

Newman reference is from Seinfeld and <i>Three Days of the Condor</i> is a movie from 1975 starring Robert Redford, Faye Dunaway, Cliff Robertson, Max von Sydow and John Houseman.

Seinfeld episode script:
    <A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/tnguym/scripts/TheJunkMail.html">The Junk Mail</A>

Movie Synopsis:

THREE DAYS OF THE CONDOR (1975)--Directed by Sydney Pollack. Stars Robert Redford, Faye Dunaway, Cliff Robertson, Max von Sydow, John Houseman. Engrossing suspenser starring Redford as an innocuous CIA researcher--he reads spy novels to make sure no classified information is accidentally revealed by the authors--who finds himself on the run when his office is the target of vicious assassins. Not knowing who he can trust, Redford kidnaps innocent photographer Dunaway, and uses her for help. Features a taut screenplay by David Rayfiel, paranoid direction by Pollack, and a truly menacing performance by von Sydow as a government hit man. Robertson is properly slimy as Redford's CIA superior. From the director of THE FIRM.

Another movie synopsis:

<A HREF="http://cdnow.com/switch/from=sr-284198/target=buyweb_movie/title=3+Days+of+the+Condor">Three Days of the Condor</A>

Mango

12. countingcrow

Damn, Mango, you really know your stuff. Thanks for the clarification. :)