1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post your thought's on tonights Saturday Night Live here...

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by ima_drummer2k, May 17, 2003.

1. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Member

Season Finale.

So far, I can say James Belushi is no John Belushi...

I wonder what Beyonce will be wearing tonight.

2. BmwM3

BmwM3 Member

That J Lo TV Funhouse was pretty funny!!

3. Free Agent

Free Agent Member

James Belushi? You mean Dan Akroyd? (I missed the first 30 minutes of the show, so maybe Belushi was on.)

4. Free Agent

Free Agent Member

Beyonce looks fiiiiiiiiiine.

5. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Member

Belushi was on for a short time re-hashing some Blues Brothers material with Akroyd. Atleast I think that's what they were singing?

SNL is just bad nowadays. Close to unwatchable.

6. Free Agent

Free Agent Member

Astronaut Jones!

"Why don't you bend over and let me slap that bootylicious!"

7. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Member

Pretty weak show overall. The only funny part was that lounge singer skit when that drummer kept playing at the wrong time.

Beyonce was in prime form. Did you see that red dress? Hooo-leee Jesus!

8. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Member

They didn't say anything about Tracy Morgan leaving. Is he still leaving?

9. Mr. Mooch

Mr. Mooch Contributing Member

When did they ever give him more than 5 minutes per show?!?!

10. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Member

Akroyd mentioned it at the beginning of the show. That guy will definitely not be missed.

11. Free Agent

Free Agent Member

He's going to do a sitcom on NBC. I'm not sure if Kataan has any job prospects.

12. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Member

No Mr. Peepers sitcom? Damn!

13. Free Agent

Free Agent Member

I was hoping for a Mango spinoff.

14. Surfguy

Surfguy Member

The season finale was pretty bad. The beginning Blues Brothers thing was terrible. The deafening silence from the crowd during the opening said it all.

SNL needs some new blood. Now all they have left is a bunch of average comedians. For the first time in a long time, there is not one person who stands out above the rest that leaves you looking forward to their sketches.

If Tina Faye and Jimmy Falon are the leaders of the show now, then they might as well shut the show down. And, notice how a lot of the skits seem to be repeating from new show to new show indicating there is not a lot of variety and range. These skits all suck, too. It's not like something everyone looks forward to each weekend like some of the other more popular skits in the history of the show. Bad skits should be discontinued....period.

What's with that Irish Guys skit? I don't think I've ever even grinned at that skit and it seems to be a regular occurence. Last night, they tried to exploit this skit by using a group of kids in the skit. It STILL didn't work like it never has.

I don't even look forward to Weekend Update anymore :( .

Some heads need to roll before next season...

#14 Surfguy, May 18, 2003
    Last edited: May 18, 2003
  15. Free Agent

Free Agent Member

I can't for the life of me imagine why they thought Dan Akroyd being the host of the show could result in some humor. They guy is way past his prime as far as comedy is concerned. Only old farts like me even remember him from his SNL day. (And if you ask me, those early days of SNL are overrated...back in the day they were cutting edge but looking at the skits now they are pretty lame.)

The thing that hurt this most recent group most was the departures of Cheri Oteri and Will Ferrell. Parnell's George Bush impersonation was just painful to watch.

16. JeeberD

JeeberD Member

I read somewhere that Tina Fey, the head writer, got a contract extension for something like three more years. Why they gave it to her I'll never understand...

17. Oski2005

Oski2005 Member

My thoughts,

Weak overall, but there were some bright spots. I like the "Top of the Mornin" skits, drunk Irish guys always make me laugh I guess. "Julio?" "Yeah, we ran out of Irish names." The Falconer stuff has a formula to it. The less time that Will Forte is on screen during the sketch, the funnier it gets. I like the Buddy Groom vegas singer/comedian thing, I'm always looking forward to see what the new catchphrase from the visiting comedian will be. Ray Romano had the best, "hold, hold, and release!" Astronaut Jones rules. I laugh my ass off no matter how many times I've seen the opening credits for it.

Well, with Kattan and Tracy gone (they should have given him one last "get me a soda b****!" skit with Lorne), Darrel Hammond and Parnell are the most tenured guys there. Hammond they need, I'm getting tired of Parnell. He was fired once, I see it happening again. His Bush sucks. Doesn't he get it? It's not how well you impersonate the prez, it's how well you exagerate. Look at what Carvey, Hammond, and Ferrell did, they played their guys as caricatures.

They will be getting 2 new guys, it would be nice to find a star, but it's not absolutely necessary. The most important thing is to fix the writing.

18. Free Agent

Free Agent Member

I forgot to mention...I did like The Falconer skit. Don't know why but that actor (can't think of his name) just sells the crap out of it. You can tell that skit is his baby.

Man, did Beyonce hire a trainer or what? Did you check out those abs?

19. London'sBurning

I always keep an eye out for when Christopher Walken is on SNL. His presence during those skits just crack me up. Colonel Angus, Prankster, the one where he was a voyeuring host to the camera who was a girl and always tried to make a move on her. The boatwrecked crew where Christopher Walken is the captain. I do like the designer skits that one girl does.

20. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Member

Wow, that was a real stinker. I finally turned it after 30 minutes