1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post Your Predictions for the Baseball Playoffs

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Manny Ramirez, Oct 7, 2009.

1. justtxyank

justtxyank Member

Despite what ESPN has told you, A-Rod has been in the postseason before.

Red Sox got swept?

Well...bye.

2. dianap07

dianap07 Member

so far, my predictions have been spot on :)

3. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Well I am very disappointed that both the Red Sox and Cards got knocked out in the first round and especially considering they both got swept. The Red Sox just never could hit the great pitching (it was a problem for them all season long) and they needed to get a split in Anaheim. Losing Game 2 was a deflater to them and seeing Paps blow the game like that is even more shocking.

As for the Cards, they were toast after Holliday's miscue. I had a bad feeling that they were done and especially having to rely on scrub castoff Pineiro to keep their season alive.

But congrats to the Angels and Dodgers. The Angels deserve to go to the next round - it is finally their time. Abreu and Morales have made a huge difference in that team compared to their teams in the past. My dad is a huge Dodgers fan (even back to when they were the Brooklyn Dodgers), so I am going to root for an Angels-Dodgers series. Hopefully, the Yankees won't win it. :p ;)

4. across110thstreet

Manny, wouldn't your Dad's dream series be a return to baseball glory with a Yankees/Dodgers matchup?

5. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

I thought this, too but in talking to him this morning, he said he would rather see the Dodgers play the Angels. He gave me this spiel about how good it would be for LA and blah blah but believe me, the old man is not stupid. He knows that the Dodgers' best chance of winning is against the Angels instead of the Yankees. :D

But yea the ratings will go out of the roof if it is Dodgers - Yankees because not only do you have the 2 biggest markets in LA and NY going at it but you have one of baseball's best classic rivalries being renewed AND a little sideplot of Joe Torre managing against his old team.

6. The Cat

The Cat Member

Well well well... look who closes out yet another postseason series, this time on back-to-back one-run saves in arguably the biggest hitter's park of all-time. Way to go, Brad! :)

7. mc mark

mc mark Member

I suck!

I don't want this to happen! Was sad to see Joe go, although I understand the circumstances. :(

8. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Go Angels.

Torii deserves a ring.

9. baller4life315

My oh my. Is anybody else watching Phillies/Dodgers? Some of these decisions are mind-boggling.

Two outs, runners at first and third yet LA elects to pitch to Ryan Howard rather than walking him.

Then even worse: 2-0 count with a runner on base and the decision to pitch to Manny rather than walking him. SEE YA!

10. rockets934life

WOW Charlie M. just has changed pitchers 5 TIMES in the 8th inning...he has completely over managed in this inning. Madson came in and got a huge K and he takes him out for the lefty on lefty matchup, the lefty walks in the leading run. I always hear he isn't that great of a manager but his players love him so maybe it finally caught up with them.

11. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

It is hard to say where Philly stands...they still the first game in LA, but blow the next one in 8th inning with too many pitcher changes. They definitely had LA on the ropes and would've put this thing away in 4 or 5 games, if they won today. Like I said earlier, it was going to be a long 7 game series, where everything is going back and forward.

12. Obito

Obito Member

That's BS that was a run.

He touched the home plate first..

13. rockets934life

Possibly but that call at first base was pure BS...Instant reply please, ITS TIME!

14. Obito

Obito Member

4-1 Yanks wooo. :)

15. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

A Rod does it again.

16. BrownBeast99

BrownBeast99 Member

Too bad this game ended on an error. Hope the Angels can get on track at home.

17. baller4life315

That new stadium is a joke. That's an out at just about any other ball park. But no, thanks to the New Yankee stadium A-Rod gets to be the hero for hitting a fly ball instead of going 0-6 on the night.

18. Obito

Obito Member

2 zip.

Arod with a ABOMB.

19. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

Might as well rename it as the "ARod Thread"

He just missed a homerun, lol! That one looked out off the bat, bs.

20. Obito

Obito Member

Dammitt..