1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post Your Predictions for the Baseball Playoffs

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Manny Ramirez, Oct 7, 2009.

1. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Having faith in Pineiro would scare me. The guy was an absolute scrub in Seattle and Boston yet he goes to the Cards and he looks like he is freaking Walter Johnson! But then again, look at Smoltz and Lugo - 2 more Red Sox rejects who are playing great baseball for the Cards.

2. Depressio

Depressio Member

I guess it's less faith in Pineiro, more faith in what Dave Duncan does with his pitchers.

3. rockets934life

Agree...remember 2006? Jeff "FREAKING" Weaver and Jeff Suppan in the playoffs that year were outstanding behind Carpenter, Duncan is amazing.

4. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

I don't watch baseball, but I will guess.

ALDS

Yankees over Twins 3-0
    Red Sox over Angels 3-1

NLDS

Phillies over Rockies 4-3
    Cardinals over Dodgers 3-2

ALCS

Yankees over Red Sox 4-2

NLCS

Phillies over Cardinals 4-2

World Series

Yankees over Phillies 4-0

5. Berkmaniac

Berkmaniac Member

Yanks over Twins
    Angels over Sox

Cards over Dodgers
    Phillies over Rockies

Yanks over Angels
    Cards over Phillies

Yanks over Cards

NYY 2009 WS Champions. Hey, they bought it.

6. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Member

Is that your team during the regular season also? Just wondering. :eek:

7. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

I predict that every poster is wrong, because it's baseball, and it's impossible to pick.

8. bladeage

bladeage Member

My prediction?

........................................... .. "Pain"

9. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Member

I really don't follow baseball as closely as I do football or basketball. I root for the Braves most of the time and I would if they were in the postseason but they are not. I cannot stand the Yankees and I know the Red Sox winning another title while the Yankees go titleless would just really piss off the Yankees and their fans.

10. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Member

You're the most non-homer fan I've known... rooting for teams of other cities... but I am glad the ROCKETS is one of those teams, sir. :D

'Cuz Arkansas is missing NFL, MLB, NBA, MLS, and NHL teams... right?

11. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Member

Well I have reasons I root for these teams, I didn't just pick them out of a hat. ;) You're right, about the only thing to cheer for here in Arkansas is the University of Arkansas sports teams although we have some very minor league teams floating around.

The way I became of fan of my big three:

Atlanta Braves: My dad is a huge Atlanta Braves fan and that's what I grew up around so I guess it just naturally stuck. What's even more bizarre is that we live in a Cardinal dominated region as St. Louis is 3 hours away and one of their affiliates, the Memphis Redbirds, are less than a hour away.

Philadelphia Eagles: My aunt was married to Vince Barnett, who played DB for the Cleveland Browns during the 1987 strike. His brother was Fred Barnett, the wide receiver for the Eagles. I met Fred once and he gave me a bunch of Philadelphia Eagles paraphernalia like a shirt, stickers, pens, etc. I was young and gullible so that became my team and I have stuck with them ever since.

Houston Rockets: My aunt moved to Houston in 1990. She would send me all types of Rockets paraphernalia and basically the same way I became an Eagles fan I became a Rockets fan. I have stuck with them ever since too. :D

12. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Member

13. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

I actually noticed that when it happened in real time last night. I thought to myself, "Did Cabrera just try to break his bat over his knee ala Bo Jackson?" Then they showed the replay and you can see him trying to attempt it and then think better of it. This is pretty hilarious that someone else saw this and took the time to write about it on their blog, lol.

14. rockets934life

Matt Holiday just went into Baseball Hell...poor guy

15. BrieflySpeaking

wow, what an ending. Poor Holiday, but then again hes makin millions so not much pitty. ;)

16. mc mark

mc mark Member

Damn Dodgers!!!

provin' us all fools

17. rockets934life

Don't really have a horse in this race but watching Loretta do that to the Cards brought a smile to my face and I bet also Lidge's face too.

18. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

A Rod is really really good

19. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Nathan can shut down anybody else, and he gets complete mind****ed by that roided up p***y.

ugh.

**** the Yankees and **** that Queer A-Roid.

20. rockets934life

I love BASEBALL and playoff baseball is awesome!!!

I remember going to MMP to watch the Stros battle the Braves and Cards, you could cut the tension with a knife...I miss that.