1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post your frustrations

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Realjad, Dec 29, 2014.

1. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

It would be entertaining to watch if you had Yao in the middle instead of Dwight. Or even Marc Gasol.

Or if the guys shooting those 3s were true snipers instead of just volume shooters.

2. Man

Man Contributing Member

Yeah, not sure if it's the optimal solution, given you still need guys to move and finish around you. The players just stand there!

I think it'd be great to have more plays set to get Harden and other guys open. Utilizing James off the ball a bit more.

3. cwebbster

cwebbster Contributing Member

MY FRUSTRATION!!!??

People that go to DeVry....why the hell would you pay money to go to this useless institution of not-higher learning?

(we are 21-9 you idiots)

4. Man

Man Contributing Member

I actually thought this last night watching Dwight with Dmo (I think it was Dmo). Just let the other guys (like Dmo) do their thing and actively contribute by helping to get 2nd chance opportunities and easy rolls to the bucket. He is great at that.

5. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Even if the ball is in Harden's hands they could still do some double screens and stuff for him.

Honestly an argument for Harden as MVP is just how hard he actually has to work for his offense! He creates it for himself almost entirely!

6. #1fan

#1fan Member

There is no flow or rhythm to this offense. Isolations and meaningless dribbling while other guys look on is a big part of this offense right now! That is frustrating.

7. RockingRox

RockingRox Member

Very true.

Having said that, I'd be OK with Howard playing post-up, IF he is able to make most of the free throws. FT 67%, that's what I asking from him. He had got to that mark in his rookie season. Otherwise, not an efficient option.

8. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Turnovers
    The leading assist man is your SG
    Missed FT
    No half court sets
    Defensive lapses
    Shooting a fukton of threes and making a terrible %

9. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Frustrated with Coach Mchale for the reasons mentioned by the OP.

10. hakeemthagreat

There are many holes on this team that need to be addressed. But first things first, when you add 2 new guys to your rotation it's going to be a grace period. This grace period just so happen to be against the leagues best teams (Memphis, Washington, Spurs). The fact we had a chance to beat San Antonion & Washington means we're not far from being where we should be. The REAL problem is the lack of cohesive halfcourt sets ran by Mchale (in the offense implemented by Daryl Morey). Last night, when the starters came back into the game in the 4th quarter, the offense came to a hault and guys were standing around watching Harden. Harden seemed fine with taking ALL the shots smh. If you noticed, him & Bradley Beal were going back and forth

11. CertifiedTroll

Our defense doesn't look the same
    The past two games our starters have not been in attack mode
    Trevor Ariza has had a sharp decline in efficiency
    JSmith worries me

Reason all of this is irrelevant: We haven't hit the trade deadline

12. joeson332

joeson332 Member

am I the only one not worried?

13. joeson332

joeson332 Member

The Spurs game and this one sure the backkcourt has lookled like a mess (includes Harden) but its a 2 game stretch, let them have some time.

14. joeson332

joeson332 Member

and we still could have won. Not worried at all right now, thank you.

15. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

Free throws.

Free throws are something a child or everyday schlep can master.

The fact that a professional athlete playing the game for a living is unable to make better than 50-60% of their free throws or show any improvement over their career is inexcusable.

16. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Like Klutch QT's takes in this thread.

Unfortunately we're stuck with McHale. He looked good when forced to play Harden and, well, Da Bench, because Da Bench played hard and mostly play smart.

McHale is waaaaaaaaay too much of a suck-nut to his starters and to vets. It's like he only trusts his starters, or doesn't want to alienate certain Ego Monsters.

The bench could have won it for us last night. And I'm not including the bench that he ignores (Papa, Canaan). But, naturally, he pulls the players that were helping us win and re-inserts the listless starters.

Main thing is, I can't stand watching Dwight. I don't know if it's his knee or his baby mama(s) or (my suspicion) his role as Captain Where's-my-Touches has led him to pout. He's 20 million wasted dollars right now. We'd be better with Dmo down low. Love the dude.

Instead? Howard Half-Ass.

1 person likes this.
  17. rockets belle

rockets belle Member

Lack of effort - I hate it when the team is like -_-
    Lack of rebounding
    Missed free throws
    Egos
    No Isaiah
    No Kostas
    D-Mo being overlooked
    Some fans constantly blaming coach - for every single thing!

Slightly absurd frustrations:
    Players throwing their gears to the floor when they can just pass it to the ball boy!
    Players not clapping for made goals. You won't get injured by clapping your hands!

Happy New Year everyone :)

18. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

These are conflicting things. Which one frustrates you more?

19. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

Either we seriously turn things around, as in win by playing collapsing defense, with ball movement, assists, more than 9 guys on the court and everybody's active and hustles or I hope we keep losing. Losing forces coaches and players to re-think what they're doing, so let the losing streak continue until we learn from it!!

20. rockets belle

rockets belle Member

It's definitely lack of D-Mo touches and also Isaiah and Kostas not playing.
    McHale is not a great coach but reading the constant bashing even when the team was playing great is pretty annoying.