1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post your 2024 Lotto Big Board

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Aruba77, Jun 18, 2024.

1. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

1. Risacher (went 1)
    2. Sarr (went 2)
    3. Sheppard (went 3)
    4. Matas (went 11)
    5. Clingan (went 7)
    6. Castle (went 4)
    7. Cody Williams (went 10)
    8. Topic (went 12)
    9. Holland (went 5)
    10. Knecht (went 17)
    11. Dillingham (went 8)
    12. McCain (went 16)
    13. Holmes (went 22)
    14. Carter (went 13)
    Guys who went lottery not on my board
    Saluan (I never saw video of him)
    Edey (I expect he'll be able to score in the NBA, but his team will get out scored if he plays against the wrong teams)
    Carrington (I didn't watch him play)

On my guys that fell in the draft
    Matas...I love the potential off ball defense at the 4. Maybe having Sengun caused me to over value that skill. Shooting is the big swing skill for the offense. Of the guys that went before him from 4-10, I think they all had flaws as big or bigger than Matas's shooting flaw. Could be a bust.

Knecht....age and bad defense. I didn't want the Rockets to trade back and draft him. I wanted someone in my Top 9. At 17, good value.

Holmes...I think he'll be a good backup/bad starter soon which will be better than quite a few guys drafted before him.

Aruba77 likes this.
  2. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

yeah I was straight up shocked Knecht fell so far. I also thought Devin Cater would go much earlier. The Clingan fall to 7 was a bit surprising but I think it shows that he wasn’t thought of highly enough to pay the hefty price to move up. His scowl on his face through the first 7 picks said it all. Portland got good value by being patient.

3. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Centers are just weird to evaluate. I think a lot of teams tier guys and then draft fit inside their tier. Where a center goes really depends on what position teams want. I think Detroit really liked Holland and Charlotte really liked Saluan.

I'd be really pissed if I was a Detroit fan right now and perplexed if I was a Charlotte fan. I am a BPA guy, but Detroit has neglected shooting so much that they can't evaluate their players. I think Cade is good. Hard to know though because he's on such a horribly constructed team (i.e., if the young players can't shoot, need vets out there that can).

4. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

yeah I’m assuming Langdon has a lot more moves up his sleeve. The team doesn’t fit. I expect Detroit to be busy this offseason.

daywalker02 likes this.
  5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Holland and Salaun were the early risers and winners.

Edey made Top 10.

Risacher is by far not the best prospect.

Topic fell because he is missing an entire season like Chet but from his play overseas.