1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post-Game Analysis: Warriors 132, Rockets 128

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 28, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Now do y'all see how important a Ron Artest and a Von Wafer is. Lowry is tough too!

2. DJboutit

DJboutit Member

Lol I agree it is time for Adelman to go for someone that will make substitutions late in the game

3. akuma

akuma Member

silly fool. :grin: :grin: :grin:

4. MightyMog

MightyMog Member

You mean how he let Steve Blake hit 3 open 3 point shots.......

5. davidxhz

davidxhz Member

man, losing to the GS just simply sucks, sucks big time! :mad: :mad:

6. clos4life

clos4life Member

36 pts and 16 rbs are impressive against any team. What's more impressive is how we couldn't stop their players from going into beast mode, they were unconscious.

7. bro2044

bro2044 Member

honestly, I'm surprised we weren't blown out

honestly, I'm surprised we weren't blown out. now DONT GET ME WRONG

I don't think our defense was good.
    I don't think our offense was good.

but GS seemed to be in God Mode tonight... I swear it was like watching a ridiculous game of NBA Jam and all that was missing was a sizzling net underneath the hoop. They didnt "kill" us on the boards even tho we're a shorter team tonight, they didnt outscore us in the paint, they werent more aggressive, they didnt out-hustle the Rockets, and they didn't even necessarily play sound/smart basketball. They played a chaotic mess of good outside shooting. There were some wide-open shots, but in general those guys hit a LOT of off-balance, hand-in-the-face crap that I hope I never see again. It wasnt Lee and Biedrins that killed us, it was the f'ing backcourt with like 68 pts on 70% shooting or something. GEEZ!

I dont think we really deserved a win, but we didnt play terribly. We kept up with them and somehow didnt get blown the f out on their opening night. They had to hit a lot of amazing shots to maintain their lead. Houston played smart, drew fouls, penetrated, and just couldnt get anything going that could really make a dent. We had it down to 2 multiple times and once again GS would hit a long J.

We were out shot. Thats it. I cant really think of a better way to put it, and it pisses me off. Oh well, 0-2. We had a 6-11 start in '05 and ended up winning 52 games so wtvr. Still early.

annoying night tho. bad night at work, Rangers lost, Rockets lost.

ugh.

2 people like this.
  8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Lowry would have been torched by Ellis tonight too, unless he had help.

Watch the tape folks, they have a hand in his face on almost EVERY shot....got to switch tactics when a guy is that hot.

DD

9. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Good coaches make adjustments.

Remember last night? Brown and Blake were killing us...does Phil just go "Oh...let me put Fisher back in and see if he can turn things around."

He did put Fish back in, but he kept Brown in the game.

We literally took Jeffries right out and he was playing great in the 4th. In his mins he caused a few TOs and even scored a few times. We were down by like 4...put Hayes back in...put Brooks back in...lead goes right back up to 10.

10. worzel gummidge

16pts, 6ast, 8 rbs.

11. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

This should be the starting lineup

Hill/Hayes
    Scola/Jeffries
    Battier(yes Battier for size but not playing against guards or top scorers anymore)/Budinger
    Martin/Lee
    Brooks/Lee

Unless Yao is playing.

12. EjrRocket11

EjrRocket11 Member

Let's face it our backcourt defense was playing against a damn good backcourt offense who were shooting the lights out, and would have done it to any team, not giving the rockets excuses cuz we did not have a good game and AB was just running on fumes. This no yao on back to back games hopefully won't haunt us in the end :confused:

13. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

The Rockets defense reminds me a lot of the Phoenix Suns of recent years, no joke. This is definitely not the type of team I want as a contender.

14. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

C'mon fellas.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

15. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

wafer? really? what would he have done tonight?

16. DaJet

DaJet Member

And?

Didn't contribute to winning.

Miller and Hill would have raped Lee and Biedrens!

17. MightyMog

MightyMog Member

Lowry wouldn't have dribbled the ball on his a foot in a 4 PT game with 2 minutes left.

18. G-Money

G-Money Member

We would have gotten blown out if we didn't have 50 free throws. The Rockets are probably the only team in NBA History that lost a game while shooting 50 free throws. Freakin unbelievable.

19. lalala902102001

No matter how hot your opponent is there is absolutely no excuse in allowing them scoring 132 points. The Rockets have gone from one of the best defensive teams to one of the worst in a couple of years.

20. Entropy

Entropy Member

Only if Lowry gets healthy again and covers up for Brook's ill-timed 3's and poor decision making. Otherwise it's chicken-headed mode all season for Brooks.

Its a damn long season.