1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post-Game Analysis: Warriors 132, Rockets 128

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Oct 28, 2010.

Tags:
  1. eman

eman Contributing Member

AB got caught in a switch on Ellis a couple times-- and Ellis missed both those shots! Might be an example of what Morey would call sampling error...

2. da_juice

da_juice Member

3. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

We play these guys three more times, right? We're winning all three.

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

AB can play defense when he is paying attention, he has peaking issues.

DD

5. ak99999

ak99999 Member

We need lowry to start with martin so we have some back court defense at all times. Then brooks can play along with courtney lee. Can we get this idea to adelman?

Also tell him that hill either plays backup minutes or goes to the dleague. Hill cant improve on the bench.

6. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

AB is a liability defensively whether he wants to play defense or not. Just to small to ever be an average defensive player which is what makes Kyle so valuable. This is just something the club and fans will just have to accept and hope his offense makes up for it on most night.

7. BONIERO1576

BONIERO1576 Member

Yeah, Boston lost to the Cavaliers (minus Mo Williams) last night so lets not go crazy.

8. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Just not true, AB has played great defense on Billups and CP3 before, right now, he is just not doing it.

DD

9. rockets934life

Honestly, I don't remember many times when he has played GREAT defense against these guys because most of the times I can remember he's been burned and Kyle has had to bail him out defensively. Saying that, I don't know how we could verify that or if there is a web site that could break that down.

#329 rockets934life, Oct 28, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2010
  10. MightyMog

MightyMog Member

he is accounting for the year when we actually had Ron Artest, Shane, and Yao........we could of made Luther Head look like a defensive genius.

Last year AB's defense was exposed because we didn't have Artest or Yao.........and having 1 game where the opposing PG may have stunk it up, is not a good sample size if its based on 2009-2010 season.

11. DaJet

DaJet Member

What is your plan then?

In a serious note, should we trade the little rugrat?

12. rockets934life

My plan...hope the guy scores like last year and if he doesn't then put in Kyle.

Trading him is for another thread so I won't go there.

13. Entropy

Entropy Member

AB can play defense, it just won't be effective defense.

14. alethios

alethios Member

OMG, that was frickin' hilarious. I love the Onion, always good for a laugh.

I had to laugh out loud about the "married couple of Karl Malone and John Stockton winning 5 championships" - obviously in a parallel universe.

15. J-Man

J-Man Member

Play Yao on back to backs!!!!!!

Our defense without him is terrible the paint was too vulnerable wthout him!!!!

Just play him less than the 24 min on a back to back

16. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Link, please.

:eek: :confused: :p :eek: :eek:

17. Ramathorn006

Ramathorn006 Contributing Member

You are right, don't get me wrong, the defense really does need to be fixed. But yesterday it seemed like whatever the Warriors threw up, went in. Brooks needs to get better at his pick and roll defense.

18. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

I think the major problem with AB right now on the defensive end is that he plays major minutes with Lowry out. He starts off the game pretty well on the defensive end. He'll stay in front of his man, and if you watch during the second quarter of last night's game, he actually looked pretty good when he was switched onto Monta Ellis.

The problem is, when his minutes climb up and he gets tired, he gets very lazy on defense. He doesn't pay attention to his man off the ball, and he goes underneath every screen that comes his way.

That doesn't mean I think he'll be a super effective defender when Lowry comes back, but I think he'll show some improvement.

19. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Shane Battier's quote after the game... We’re still trying to figure out who we are. We’re trying to figure out who we are without Yao. We don’t know who we are. We hope to be a certain team: a good defensive half-court team and a fastbreak, uptempo team but we don’t know yet.

Link

20. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Go look up their head to head stats.....when they played each other.

DD